Fort Wayne, IN - HDTV - Page 139 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #4141 of 4216 Old 03-19-2012, 06:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyone having trouble with WFFT Channel 55 OTA? Signal here in Huntington down in the 50s and losing it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4142 of 4216 Old 03-20-2012, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John W View Post

Anyone having trouble with WFFT Channel 55 OTA? Signal here in Huntington down in the 50s and losing it.

Nothing here this morning either.
post #4143 of 4216 Old 03-20-2012, 01:17 PM

They went to their backup transmitter at 9.15pm yesterday. Not sure what the exact issue, they just wrote their main transmitter went down..
post #4144 of 4216 Old 03-21-2012, 05:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
WFFT appears to be back at full power. With a little tropo enhancement this morning, it's being received @ 94 miles.
post #4145 of 4216 Old 03-22-2012, 03:44 PM

Schedules direct would need an always on internet connection, like cable etc. All that is a mile away and not likely to get any closer for some time. There is nothing wrong with the OTA data stream (OK, show ID number so I could reject re-runs would be nice) and it works about all the time.
post #4146 of 4216 Old 03-22-2012, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jckrac View Post

Got it fixed late this afternoon. Also now have dynamic information available for Antenna TV as well.

Thanks for the fix and addition. The data stream is very important for my system. I have 4 tuners and an extensive rule set for recording shows.

The other problem I have with the data stream is that it is always messed up at daylight savings time change. I am assuming that the data does not get changed to match the time right away, leaving some shows that do not get recorded until the data matches the actual show times.

As far as schedules direct mentioned by others, I used to use it some back when it was free, but it was a pain to do so with dial up internet. You have to manually connect and be there to make sure for the data to get updated. I do not have access to any form of always on internet except perhaps satellite (Hughes based) and that would be horribly expensive and not very good internet still.
It would be nicer if the OTA data stream had episode versions (schedules direct did) so at my option the reruns could be skipped. But I'll take what I can get.
post #4147 of 4216 Old 03-22-2012, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martian21 View Post
you should consider a Schedules Direct subscription. Well worth to $10 or $20 a year (can't remember which).

Quote:
Originally Posted by alesch1 View Post

$25 annual now, well worth it for me.

As I mentioned in another reply, I do not have or can get always on internet. So Schedules Direct just doesn't work for me.
post #4148 of 4216 Old 04-07-2012, 12:19 PM

it is much faster and i like it. Except most of Chicago locals are not included on sub channel line ups. In that area now removing some systems and rescanning OTA Tv sets and much more is offered with an antenna. I must note that i made a mistake by installing a high band VHF and a separate UHF aerial. The now have low band digital transmissions . A normal UHF/VHf antenna would have worked better. What a fickle broadcast spectrum we have!
post #4149 of 4216 Old 04-12-2012, 04:51 AM

Liked: 15
Is WANE TV ever gonna upgrade and start boardcasting there news in HD?? I'll have to say WFFT's 10pm NEws is the best looking picture quality, fort wayne has to offer......

Aren't we in the Digital age now? why keep boardcasting in a 4:3 picture???

PSN= Jamweiser
post #4150 of 4216 Old 04-12-2012, 07:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamweiser View Post

Is WANE TV ever gonna upgrade and start boardcasting there news in HD?? I'll have to say WFFT's 10pm NEws is the best looking picture quality, fort wayne has to offer......

It's even worse when they show footage from their sister stations that was shot in 16:9, then they squish it for 4:3... ie. all colts footage, anything else from Indy.

Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime
post #4151 of 4216 Old 04-29-2012, 05:57 AM

Seeing issues this weekend with signal dropout over-the-air with channel 33.
post #4152 of 4216 Old 05-02-2012, 11:49 AM

Jeff,
15.3 WX RX has had only 10 - 15 dBQ for a while. Can you check?
post #4153 of 4216 Old 05-05-2012, 05:03 AM

Quote:

Seeing issues this weekend with signal dropout over-the-air with channel 33.

Same today during Saturday Today.
post #4154 of 4216 Old 05-06-2012, 01:14 PM

Quote:

Same today during Saturday Today.

Saw today on subchannel 33-2 and on 56 on Dish during Nascar. Something is getting ready to blow.
post #4155 of 4216 Old 06-08-2012, 05:34 AM

What has happened with Fort Wayne FOX? Is is looking like something has gone wrong with their encoder. It is not even watchable whenever there is sudden movements or camera moves. I was doubting the whole dual HD thing and they had me convinced on it, but maybe I jumped to too fast conclusion. Anyway, hopefully they will get this corrected before the sporting events over the weekend!
post #4156 of 4216 Old 06-08-2012, 10:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCengineer View Post

What has happened with Fort Wayne FOX? Is is looking like something has gone wrong with their encoder. It is not even watchable whenever there is sudden movements or camera moves. I was doubting the whole dual HD thing and they had me convinced on it, but maybe I jumped to too fast conclusion. Anyway, hopefully they will get this corrected before the sporting events over the weekend!

Yes, I'll be very upset if F1 is unwatchable. I'll have to avoid Twitter/Internet until the replay on Speed.

Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime
post #4157 of 4216 Old 06-11-2012, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oryan_dunn View Post

Yes, I'll be very upset if F1 is unwatchable. I'll have to avoid Twitter/Internet until the replay on Speed.

It appears that the issue must have been corrected the next day. It has looked good now since then.
post #4158 of 4216 Old 06-30-2012, 07:01 AM

Since yesterday's storm I'm not receiving the over the air PBS channels (WFWA). I think some of the other stations were off the air for a while because of a power failure. Did WFWA experience the same problem or is something else wrong?
post #4159 of 4216 Old 06-30-2012, 07:08 AM

Here is what I know, which isn't much....

I've been stationed at WANE since 4 yesterday afternoon. We are on generator power but finding trouble in getting fuel as a lot of Fort Wayne is a mess. We were able to secure a delivery from Bluffton late last night however that supply is already starting to deplete. Honestly don't know how much longer I can keep her on the air.

WFWA is showing no signal here and I've heard DISH network is down marketwide which makes sense as that is the uplink to them.

I know INC had some issues power wise (no pun intended) but I think they got them ironed out mostly say around 6ish?

Its kind of ironic that if you drive State Blvd, less than a tenth of a mile down the road they have power, and on the other side, they have power. But from State back through tower heights over to St. Francis, is nothing. Don't envy AEP crews with the work they have ahead of them.
post #4160 of 4216 Old 06-30-2012, 11:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
jckrac, good luck with your power issue at WANE. Those big generators certainly have a hardy appetite!

Around the same time you posted the above comments this morning, the Fort Wayne DTV signals of the ones on the air were booming this way. The signal meter was almost as high as it would go. I did notice that WFWA and W38EA-D were missing, and assumed off the air. Meanwhile, W26DH-D, Auburn, was even making it to Indy but it was missing audio and video. Probably another storm-related issue.
post #4161 of 4216 Old 07-09-2012, 09:07 AM

Sorry to reply so late.

We got hit hard by the storms on July 29 and were able to fully bring back signals and broadcast operations mid-morning on July 1. There were a few ripples in service that occurred due to the pop-up storms that blew through July 5, but nothing compared to the previous week.
post #4162 of 4216 Old 07-10-2012, 09:19 PM

My TV hasn't received TV Guide On Screen listings in a few days now (just showing "No Listing"). I'm just wondering if it is my TV or if there is a problem with the TV Guide On Screen data broadcast. It is my understanding that these are provided through WFWA, is that right? I have no troubles receiving all Fort Wayne broadcast stations on the TV (including WFWA).

Anyone else have a device that uses TV Guide On Screen listings?
post #4163 of 4216 Old 07-12-2012, 02:22 PM

Both my dad and I run DTV Pal recorders and neither of us has been getting any TV Guide data (in Bluftton & Ossian) since the storms. Hopefully it gets fixed soon!
post #4164 of 4216 Old 07-12-2012, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonmeyer View Post

Both my dad and I run DTV Pal recorders and neither of us has been getting any TV Guide data (in Bluftton & Ossian) since the storms. Hopefully it gets fixed soon!

Thank you for your response, at least I know it's not just my TV. Hopefully it can get resolved soon.
post #4165 of 4216 Old 07-18-2012, 12:06 PM

Has anyone heard anything yet about the TVGuide (TVGOS) service? I too have a DTV Pal and really miss the listings.
post #4166 of 4216 Old 07-25-2012, 08:35 PM

I have regained TVGOS listings OTA, so it appears to be working now.
post #4167 of 4216 Old 07-27-2012, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamweiser View Post

Well, now that its been announced publically, I can finally take the duct tape off my mouth on the subject...

WANE will begin full HD newscasts in late August to early September. We started the project back in October and over the last couple weeks we've begun in earnest on it. We are shooting and editing in HD now, but downconverting out of the output of our news playout servers, which are also brand new. This past weekend we transitioned our weather systems to a new location (and for one close observer, noted and guessed right what we were up to). We've moved the desk into the newsroom, and have spent all this week removing the old set and wiring. We hope to have the old set out sometime this weekend in preperation for the new set.

Oryan points out the squished 4X3 we sometimes get from our sister station WISH... we don't like it either. Some of our sister markets are testing out different delivery methods between the hub and spoke stations. There is quite a bit of bandwidth chewed up in the feeds back and forth (15.1 in HD, 15.2 in SD, and a production channel inbound with return confidence feeds along with intercom and data.) Our hope is to some day soon to have production channel capability in HD as well

Exciting times for all involved, and insanely busy for the tech staff. It was somewhat bittersweet today as I left the current set for the last time.
post #4168 of 4216 Old 08-15-2012, 04:29 AM

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by jckrac View Post

Well, now that its been announced publically, I can finally take the duct tape off my mouth on the subject...
WANE will begin full HD newscasts in late August to early September. We started the project back in October and over the last couple weeks we've begun in earnest on it. We are shooting and editing in HD now, but downconverting out of the output of our news playout servers, which are also brand new. Exciting times for all involved, and insanely busy for the tech staff. It was somewhat bittersweet today as I left the current set for the last time.

It's nice to watch Wane news now, and picture looks good!! Can't wait to see the completed project in a few weeks or earlier.....

PSN= Jamweiser
post #4169 of 4216 Old 08-20-2012, 07:35 PM

WFFT-TV seems offline tonight. No mention on their homepage of anything wrong.
post #4170 of 4216 Old 08-21-2012, 06:25 AM

WFFT's main transmitter is down and they're using the backup one.
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page