Fort Wayne, IN - HDTV - Page 19 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #541 of 4216 Old 10-19-2004, 08:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Is anyone else annoyed by the consistant audio clicks on Wane's digital channel? It seems like it has gotten worse since the last time i watched Wane. Now, I can hear it on the commercials as well as during the show. But they are still more prominent when music is playing than when someone is just speaking. The clicking almost sounds like a tape that has gone bad, like it warbles a little and other times it just little spots where the sound sounds like it just cuts out. Anyone else notice this or bothered by it?

Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 4216 Old 10-20-2004, 05:20 PM

Liked: 10
One can only hope that FOX 55 is getting a lot of phone calls and e-mails asking about HD. The HD promos (where Fox pimps 720p with 5.1) ARE cruel and unusual punishment from a station that works on the cheap - yes, WFFT has always been pretty low-budget, but there was a time when they actually produced shows out of the studios on Hillegas Road no matter how cheap (Happy's Place anyone?).
post #543 of 4216 Old 10-21-2004, 08:20 AM

Happy's Place was the shiznit! I went there as a kid...

Anyway, I'm just glad the Cubs aren't in the WS this year. Otherwise, WFFT would have to start blocking my phone number.
post #544 of 4216 Old 10-21-2004, 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by DialItUp
Anyway, I'm just glad the Cubs aren't in the WS this year. Otherwise, WFFT would have to start blocking my phone number.

If that's the case, then WFFT has nothing to worry about until 2197.
post #545 of 4216 Old 10-21-2004, 01:44 PM

Liked: 12
Just wait till everyone gets their HD sets for Christmas and just before the Superbowl is all jacked up about watching the Superbowl and NFL playoffs in January. Only to find out that WFFT is analog only. (yes I know they're broadcasting a digital signal, but 100 watts doesn't count)

They'll start feeling the heat pretty soon. A lot of the sitcoms on FOX will be HD this fall as well so I would imagine they will be playing their HD promo alot then as well.

When purchasing HT equipment remember that it's always easier to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission.
post #546 of 4216 Old 10-22-2004, 07:47 AM

Just wait till everyone gets their HD sets for Christmas and just before the Superbowl is all jacked up about watching the Superbowl and NFL playoffs in January. Only to find out that WFFT is analog only. (yes I know they're broadcasting a digital signal, but 100 watts doesn't count)

Honestly, I don't think WFFT will care about the SuperBowl at this point. Their corporate owners have to invest capital in upgrading several stations for "Must Carry" by next year before we will get HD.

The only thing we can hope for is that Fox will run the SuperBowl in HD over DirecTV and we'll be able to watch that way.
post #547 of 4216 Old 10-22-2004, 01:05 PM

FOX HD should be up full time of DirecTV by then. I have to say the MLB Playoff games have been looking EXCELLENT!
post #548 of 4216 Old 10-25-2004, 11:55 AM

"The only thing we can hope for is that Fox will run the SuperBowl in HD over DirecTV and we'll be able to watch that way."

It's times like these when I wish I hadn't switched from D* to Comcast...

DVR for $10/mo was the only reason...
post #549 of 4216 Old 10-25-2004, 02:08 PM

DirecTV is offering the DirecTiVo for $50 after rebate now. That would only cost you $5/mo!
post #550 of 4216 Old 10-25-2004, 02:16 PM

I wasn't very clear - I was looking for HD TiVo/DVR. I had standard TiVo when I used to subscribe to D* and I loved it.
post #551 of 4216 Old 10-25-2004, 02:34 PM

Does anyone know why WANE didn't show the Colts game in HD yesterday? It's really nice being blacked out from my Sunday Ticket's HD coverage of the game only for the local network to fail to show it in HD. I got to catch a little of it in HD when one of the non blacked out games ended early and cut over to the Colts game.
post #552 of 4216 Old 10-25-2004, 02:37 PM

Does anyone know why WANE didn't show the Colts game in HD yesterday? It's really nice being blacked out from my Sunday Ticket's HD coverage of the game only for the local network to fail to show it in HD. I got to catch a little of it in HD when one of the non blacked out games ended early and cut over to the Colts game.
post #553 of 4216 Old 10-25-2004, 02:39 PM

Quote:

I wasn't very clear - I was looking for HD TiVo/DVR. I had standard TiVo when I used to subscribe to D* and I loved it.

Sorry didn't realize you wanted the HD version, unfortunately those aren't $50
post #554 of 4216 Old 10-25-2004, 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by MarkMaple

I can share your frustration. It's even worse though when the game you wan't to watch is in HD on Sunday Ticket but then you have to watch it on WFFT.

Something must not have been working properly at WANE. Or they didn't even know that it was going to be in HD.

When purchasing HT equipment remember that it's always easier to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission.
post #555 of 4216 Old 10-27-2004, 09:45 AM

It's really frustrating because the Fox-HD games look so nice! Gotta love WFFT. What a joke!
post #556 of 4216 Old 10-28-2004, 05:08 PM

THis is off topic.
I have a double sided standee advertising RUSH HOUR and BLADE.
I no longer have room for it.
If someone would like it they can have it.

Please see picture of it in my gallery. It is not put together in the pictures.
If I have no takers than I will post it on freecylers
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FtWayneFreecyclers/.
This is a very good place to give stuff away and get things for free in the Fort Wayne area.
post #557 of 4216 Old 10-29-2004, 08:56 AM

Quote:

I can share your frustration. It's even worse though when the game you wan't to watch is in HD on Sunday Ticket but then you have to watch it on WFFT.

The CBS station in South Bend did not broadcast the Colts gamein HD either. They have only had one HALF of a colts game in HD all year.

its BS. we are limited over here for HD programing OTA, and the ONE thing I look forward to is the HD colts game.

Do you think its a CBS thing and not the local station?
post #558 of 4216 Old 10-29-2004, 02:33 PM

It's a local thing. HDTV is a "new" thing so apparently it's difficult to make sure the HD signal gets passed through.

Most of the time the problems seem to be that the station wasn't even aware that it was available in HD.

We can only hope that it will get better.

post #559 of 4216 Old 10-29-2004, 05:17 PM

Daylight Savings ends in a couple of days, so unWISE33 won't have much of an excuse not to pass HD through past Sunday.

WFFT, thanks for not airing baseball history in HD.
post #560 of 4216 Old 10-29-2004, 07:17 PM

Hey, look on the bright side. Maybe by the time the Cubs win the Series, WFFT will be broadcasting in HD!
post #561 of 4216 Old 10-30-2004, 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by NoToLowPower
Daylight Savings ends in a couple of days, so unWISE33 won't have much of an excuse not to pass HD through past Sunday.

WFFT, thanks for not airing baseball history in HD.

Yep. We should all send e-mails to WISE and let them know that they can put all of their HD propaganda back on their website again. Unfortunately the biggest HD news from NBC is that all of the Nascar races will be in HD next year so we'll pretty much have to wait till next summer to see anything good in HD.

post #562 of 4216 Old 10-30-2004, 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by vereekej
It's a local thing. HDTV is a "new" thing so apparently it's difficult to make sure the HD signal gets passed through.

Most of the time the problems seem to be that the station wasn't even aware that it was available in HD.

We can only hope that it will get better.

In 15's case of carrying HD games, it is a tad tricky.

Take for example this weekends games. CBS made a transponder change for the games late yesterday, meaning the feed will not be coming on the normal network transponder normally assigned to 15. Given the lead time, we can know about it and make appropriate changes to make sure we are on that transponder.

However, since the operation here is now ran out of Indy, if CBS makes a transponder change at 11 in the morning, nobody here is going to know about it until after the fact, as there is no one here to change the frequency on the receiver.

CBS does let the affiliates know ahead of time what games will be fed to which stations, but they always reserve the right to change the transponder.

This wouldn't have been a big deal several years ago, but now with a skeleton operations staff, especially on the weekends, you end up with the local station looking bad if a last second technical problem or other issue causes CBS to do an outright transponder change.
post #563 of 4216 Old 10-31-2004, 10:21 AM

Colts/Cheifs aren't in HD today on WANE. What's the deal???
post #564 of 4216 Old 10-31-2004, 12:33 PM

CBS is showing the Baltimore -vs- Phily game in HD now on ch 80 D*. I'm not much of a football fan, so I couldn't say if they are only doing one game at a time in HD or not??
post #565 of 4216 Old 10-31-2004, 01:08 PM
AVS Special Member

What could cause a sudden change in your signal? I ask becuase I haven't changed anything on my setup (an indoor silver sensor) and I cannot get either wane or wise. On their analog, there is ghosting that is more severe than it has been in the past and there looks like some kind of interference specs that are on the screen. Those specs are toward the middle of the picture and look like they are a few pixels square and flash randomly. It reminds me of the specs that are on film at a theater that has been played alot. On the digital signal, I ether get no signal at all, or a pixelly mess. This all started yesterday. On Friday, everything was working fine. The multipath seems kinda out of place since I use a silver sensor which hasnt' had trouble with that in the past and it is designed to reject multipath. Anyone have any ideas? Did anyone else's signal go to crap this weekend as well?

Thanks,
Ryan

Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime
post #566 of 4216 Old 10-31-2004, 01:37 PM

Quote:

Colts/Cheifs aren't in HD today on WANE. What's the deal???

We are aware of/working on it.
post #567 of 4216 Old 10-31-2004, 05:09 PM

As if we should be surprised UN-WISE is not passing on the HD feed of American Dreams....they must not realize the time change!
post #568 of 4216 Old 10-31-2004, 06:21 PM

I also had some problems with locking on to WANE's signal today. The signal strength wasn't any lower than normal, just had problems with audio drops and pixelation dropouts caused from a poor signal.

post #569 of 4216 Old 10-31-2004, 08:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Then it wasn't just me. I also noticed that Wane's analog was super ghosty; i'm almost positive that's why I couldn't lock on. I messed with my silver sensor a bit and I got it to lock on consistantly, but the signal strength was about half of what it normally is. I have an uneducated theory that the strong winds dropped all the leaves and maybe that has had something to do with my problems. As long as its not a permant problem, I wont get to upset.

I just checked unWISE's site and so far they haven't put up their "FW Leader in HD" page yet.

Another question, anyone know why the titan tv guide shows that the local news is in HD for wane and another station (forget which one)?

Also, users in the fort wanye area, I'm considering satalite, any props for direct tv or dish.

Thanks,
Ryan

post #570 of 4216 Old 11-01-2004, 06:33 AM

The Colts game started to flicker between HD and SD around 4:26pm. By the time the Patriots game started, it was full-time HD.

I also noticed American Dreams wasn't HD. I wonder if unWISE will ever get it right.
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page