Springfield / Joplin, MO - HDTV - Page 172 - AVS Forum

AVS Forum > HDTV > Local HDTV Info and Reception > Springfield / Joplin, MO - HDTV

Local HDTV Info and Reception

arxaw's Avatar arxaw
05:37 PM Liked: 10
post #5131 of 5467
11-04-2011 | Posts: 10,909
Joined: May 2002
From all I've read in the past about modifying an all-channel antenna to VHF-Hi + UHF, it's not a good idea unless you live in a strong signal area, where it probably wouldn't matter anyway.

If the excessive size is an issue, best to just replace it with a new, smaller antenna.
MRUSS's Avatar MRUSS
06:57 PM Liked: 10
post #5132 of 5467
11-10-2011 | Posts: 257
Joined: Aug 2003
Looks like KRBK has cut the power on RF21. Haven't had a signal for 2 days now. From what I see in the updates, looks like no towers for us in the south. Guess I will wait and see.
Chuck44's Avatar Chuck44
07:04 PM Liked: 44
post #5133 of 5467
11-10-2011 | Posts: 2,192
Joined: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSS View Post

Looks like KRBK has cut the power on RF21. Haven't had a signal for 2 days now. From what I see in the updates, looks like no towers for us in the south. Guess I will wait and see.

There's a coverage mat on their website, showing what the coverage will be once all 5 towers are operational and the new SFN is at full power.
Click here.
arxaw's Avatar arxaw
07:38 PM Liked: 10
post #5134 of 5467
11-10-2011 | Posts: 10,909
Joined: May 2002
I wonder if channel 21 in Harrison will interfere with the southern part of their coverage area...
Chuck44's Avatar Chuck44
07:50 PM Liked: 44
post #5135 of 5467
11-10-2011 | Posts: 2,192
Joined: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by arxaw View Post

I wonder if channel 21 in Harrison will interfere with the southern part of their coverage area...

No. When complete the entire SFN will be on RF 49 (49.1).
scottmo2020's Avatar scottmo2020
02:41 PM Liked: 10
post #5136 of 5467
11-13-2011 | Posts: 210
Joined: Jun 2008
What NFL game is being shown on 49 today? I saw for awhile it was Chicago/Detroit but then changed to San Fran or something.
sneaky snooper's Avatar sneaky snooper
02:55 PM Liked: 10
post #5137 of 5467
11-14-2011 | Posts: 266
Joined: Aug 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck44 View Post

There's a coverage mat on their website, showing what the coverage will be once all 5 towers are operational and the new SFN is at full power.
Click here.

RF 21 is still up for me in downtown.
Chuck44's Avatar Chuck44
03:15 PM Liked: 44
post #5138 of 5467
11-14-2011 | Posts: 2,192
Joined: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaky snooper View Post

RF 21 is still up for me in downtown.

They're in the middle of upgrading the transmitter on E. Division.
phlatwound's Avatar phlatwound
05:58 AM Liked: 10
post #5139 of 5467
11-28-2011 | Posts: 44
Joined: Aug 2008
http://www.foxkrbk.com/station/whats...133492128.html
Chuck44's Avatar Chuck44
06:11 AM Liked: 44
post #5140 of 5467
11-28-2011 | Posts: 2,192
Joined: Feb 2007
Quote:

This one is a little more recent.
motorhead0922's Avatar motorhead0922
07:58 AM Liked: 10
post #5141 of 5467
11-28-2011 | Posts: 184
Joined: Aug 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck44 View Post

This one is a little more recent.

From the link above:
Quote:


Bear in mind that antenna pointing is critical for viewers outside the immediate Springfield metro area (particlarly in the south).

I am in the "immediate Springfield metro area" (just south of the city limits) with an antenna and preamp in the attic, pointed toward Fordland, and I get frequent dropouts in the signal. I rarely watch Fox, but if I did it would be really annoying.
ADTech's Avatar ADTech
08:11 AM Liked: 36
post #5142 of 5467
11-28-2011 | Posts: 465
Joined: Jun 2010
Quote:


I am in the "immediate Springfield metro area" (just south of the city limits) with an antenna and preamp in the attic, pointed toward Fordland,

KBRK doesn't transmit from Fordland...
motorhead0922's Avatar motorhead0922
11:38 AM Liked: 10
post #5143 of 5467
11-28-2011 | Posts: 184
Joined: Aug 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADTech View Post

KBRK doesn't transmit from Fordland...

I am aware of that, but I see how my post could be confusing. The KRBK info implied that those in the Springfield metro area don't need to aim the antenna toward the KOLR tower on Division.

It looks like I would need to add a second antenna aimed north to get consistent reception on KRBK. I'm not really interested in doing that.
arxaw's Avatar arxaw
04:10 PM Liked: 10
post #5144 of 5467
11-28-2011 | Posts: 10,909
Joined: May 2002
Two crappy network affiliates in Springfield.
A CBS on weak VHF that's unwatchable with lightning in the area.
A FOX that's not receivable in much of the Southern part of the DMA, including all of the Northern Arkansas.
phlatwound's Avatar phlatwound
07:29 AM Liked: 10
post #5145 of 5467
11-29-2011 | Posts: 44
Joined: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck44 View Post

This one is a little more recent.

Thanks Chuck, looks like I grabbed the wrong link when I posted that.

I rescanned my tvs yesterday and am locking KRBK 49-1 two times here between Chesapeake and Halltown.

The stronger of the 2 signals is running about 65% Q (and that compares to upper 80s-low 90s I see on 3, 21, 27 & 33), but pic is steady, no pixelation.

I guess I am picking it up from 2 different transmitter locations?
Chuck44's Avatar Chuck44
09:00 AM Liked: 44
post #5146 of 5467
11-29-2011 | Posts: 2,192
Joined: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlatwound View Post

Thanks Chuck, looks like I grabbed the wrong link when I posted that.

I rescanned my tvs yesterday and am locking KRBK 49-1 two times here between Chesapeake and Halltown.

The stronger of the 2 signals is running about 65% Q (and that compares to upper 80s-low 90s I see on 3, 21, 27 & 33), but pic is steady, no pixelation.

I guess I am picking it up from 2 different transmitter locations?

Sounds like it. I envy you - where I'm at even with an outside antenna on a 15 foot pole I get a big zero.
phlatwound's Avatar phlatwound
11:04 AM Liked: 10
post #5147 of 5467
11-29-2011 | Posts: 44
Joined: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck44 View Post

Sounds like it. I envy you - where I'm at even with an outside antenna on a 15 foot pole I get a big zero.

Hopefully whatever tweaks that are still to be made will get you some signal, there's no good excuse for not adequately serving a big part of the DMA.

I have a CM 4228 (aimed towards Fordland) about 35' in the air, going into a CM 7777 preamp, feeding 4 tvs.
squeakybirnbaum's Avatar squeakybirnbaum
03:25 AM Liked: 22
post #5148 of 5467
12-06-2011 | Posts: 568
Joined: Nov 2010
The last update on 11/19 said 2-3 weeks and the Polk tower should be up and operational. It's been over 2 weeks, I hope it gets turned on before Sunday for NFL. I had been getting 49 but lately it's been too weak to even tune in on Media Center. Maybe because it's been storming constantly.
Chuck44's Avatar Chuck44
06:04 AM Liked: 44
post #5149 of 5467
12-06-2011 | Posts: 2,192
Joined: Feb 2007
I doubt anybody will be climbing towers in this weather.
sneaky snooper's Avatar sneaky snooper
01:58 PM Liked: 10
post #5150 of 5467
12-06-2011 | Posts: 266
Joined: Aug 2006
one of the 49-1 signals has been remapped back to 8-1 with a slide telling viewers to tune to 49.1 to watch KRBK, and to rescan.
Chuck44's Avatar Chuck44
02:08 PM Liked: 44
post #5151 of 5467
12-06-2011 | Posts: 2,192
Joined: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaky snooper View Post

one of the 49-1 signals has been remapped back to 8-1 with a slide telling viewers to tune to 49.1 to watch KRBK, and to rescan.

Sounds like they may have shut down the temporary RF 21 channel.
motorhead0922's Avatar motorhead0922
07:50 PM Liked: 10
post #5152 of 5467
12-08-2011 | Posts: 184
Joined: Aug 2006
Halfway through Person of Interest, KOLR became unwatchable. Dropouts and blocky. Nice.

8-1 has appeared. No video or audio though.
Chuck44's Avatar Chuck44
08:02 PM Liked: 44
post #5153 of 5467
12-08-2011 | Posts: 2,192
Joined: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead0922 View Post

Halfway through Person of Interest, KOLR became unwatchable. Dropouts and blocky. Nice.

8-1 has appeared. No video or audio though.

Must be your antenna. Clear as a bell here - about 20 miles south of Fordland.
sneaky snooper's Avatar sneaky snooper
12:19 AM Liked: 10
post #5154 of 5467
12-09-2011 | Posts: 266
Joined: Aug 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead0922 View Post

Halfway through Person of Interest, KOLR became unwatchable. Dropouts and blocky. Nice.

KOLR has been unwatchable for years. I just note since they switched to digital, it just became worse.

Quote:



8-1 has appeared. No video or audio though.

Its airing INSP religion crap at the moment.
whoveam's Avatar whoveam
12:13 PM Liked: 10
post #5155 of 5467
12-13-2011 | Posts: 10
Joined: Dec 2011
I live in Springfield and wondering if anyone in town can pick up a Reto TV, This TV, Antenna TV, or Me TV stations in Springfield?
i am trying to find out before i buy rooftop Antenna'''
ProjectSHO89's Avatar ProjectSHO89
05:58 PM Liked: 73
post #5156 of 5467
12-13-2011 | Posts: 2,698
Joined: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoveam View Post

I live in Springfield and wondering if anyone in town can pick up a Reto TV, This TV, Antenna TV, or Me TV stations in Springfield?
i am trying to find out before i buy rooftop Antenna'''

Go to http://www.rabbitears.info/market.php
Go to market #83, the "Expand/contract All" to see what is available.act address

Then, match your exact address TVFool with the potential channels to see what might be possible for YOUR particular location.
arxaw's Avatar arxaw
10:04 AM Liked: 10
post #5157 of 5467
12-14-2011 | Posts: 10,909
Joined: May 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoveam View Post

I live in Springfield and wondering if anyone in town can pick up a Reto TV, This TV, Antenna TV, or Me TV stations in Springfield?
i am trying to find out before i buy rooftop Antenna'''

According to this coverage map, it is not likely receivable in Springfield, at least not reliably.
whoveam's Avatar whoveam
04:08 PM Liked: 10
post #5158 of 5467
12-14-2011 | Posts: 10
Joined: Dec 2011
ok what about Daystar 31-1 it shows on Wikipedia
that there sub channel 31-2 show RTN RETRO TV is this true anf if so can this channel be picked up from Branson to Springfield?
Chuck44's Avatar Chuck44
04:51 PM Liked: 44
post #5159 of 5467
12-14-2011 | Posts: 2,192
Joined: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoveam View Post

ok what about Daystar 31-1 it shows on Wikipedia
that there sub channel 31-2 show RTN RETRO TV is this true anf if so can this channel be picked up from Branson to Springfield?

Channel 31.1 is transmitted from Taneyville, Missouri.
AFAIK there is no 31.2 for that station.
squeakybirnbaum's Avatar squeakybirnbaum
05:42 AM Liked: 22
post #5160 of 5467
12-22-2011 | Posts: 568
Joined: Nov 2010
Here is the latest update on KRBK on facebook.

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Subscribe to this Thread

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3