Springfield / Joplin, MO - HDTV - Page 181 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 5Likes

Old 06-20-2013, 08:33 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyone getting KRBK on DirecTV? My wife watches "so you think you can dance" and every few minutes the picture goes black for 2-3 seconds, then comes back and the audio cuts out and is out of sync for a second or two. This only happens on KRBK and no other channels, so I don't think it is my equipment. OK fine, I watch it too... smile.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2013, 12:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmo2020 View Post

Anyone getting KRBK on DirecTV? My wife watches "so you think you can dance" and every few minutes the picture goes black for 2-3 seconds, then comes back and the audio cuts out and is out of sync for a second or two. This only happens on KRBK and no other channels, so I don't think it is my equipment. OK fine, I watch it too... smile.gif
Why not E-Mail the KRBK engineer?
His name is Bret Falcetto and his address is:
bret@krbktv.com
Old 06-29-2013, 12:09 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Is there anyone who had someone do their antenna install, recommend an installer?
Old 06-29-2013, 12:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulliganman View Post

Is there anyone who had someone do their antenna install, recommend an installer?
I haven't used him, but Bill Chambers in Ozark did a lot of antenna installs
when KRBK first went to their new transmitting system.
PM me for his phone number.
Old 07-02-2013, 01:20 PM

I find it interesting when I contacted KRBK asking how to best pick up their station OTA and told them my location the station said for best results an attic/outdoor antenna would need to be pointed toward Branson.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I find it interesting when I contacted KRBK asking how to best pick up their station OTA and told them my location the station said for best results an attic/outdoor antenna would need to be pointed toward Branson.
I don't know your location, but besides the transmitters that make up KRBK's new SFN they also have a deal with KWBM channel 31.1 to share their frequency. Those receiving KRBK
via KWBM see channel 49.1 displayed, but its actually RF ch 31.2.
KWBM's transmitter is located in Taneyville, so folks living south and southeast of Springfield get a pretty good signal.
Old 07-02-2013, 07:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 73
He gave his coordinates earlier. Here's the TVF plot for them: http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=29&q=id%3d0559c515595e06

Based on that alone, it's a tossup for KRBK's Springfield transmitter and KWBM. However, those coordinates appear to be on a wooded, south-facing hillside 1bout a 1/4 mile north of US 62, just east of US 65.

Looks like a crapshoot. Until he actually puts something, anything, up in the air, there's no way to know what will actually work. Probably KWBM for Fox given the terrain.
Old 07-05-2013, 11:39 AM

Is Channel 39-1 gone?

We used to get it, although somewhat intermittently, but haven't gotten even a whiff of it for 2-3 weeks.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectSHO89 View Post

He gave his coordinates earlier. Here's the TVF plot for them: http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=29&q=id%3d0559c515595e06

Based on that alone, it's a tossup for KRBK's Springfield transmitter and KWBM. However, those coordinates appear to be on a wooded, south-facing hillside 1bout a 1/4 mile north of US 62, just east of US 65.

Looks like a crapshoot. Until he actually puts something, anything, up in the air, there's no way to know what will actually work. Probably KWBM for Fox given the terrain.

Well can't pick up KRBK with a single Clearstream V2. Looks like I am resigned towards a two antenna attempt with the second aimed toward the KWBM tower. Other suggestions are welcome. Those of you who are getting KRBK along with other broadcast networks what are your setups? I'd especially like to hear successful setups in Ozark.
Old 07-25-2013, 04:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Where have you placed the Clearstream 2v for testing? What aiming directions have you tried? Can you pick up KWBM when the antenna is facing its direction.
Old 07-25-2013, 10:29 AM

It was placed on the roof mounted on an old Dish Network mount. We aimed toward Springfield and between Fordland and Springfield with an Antennas Direct CPA 19 preamp and couldn't even get a whiff of a signal from a Springfield KRBK tower. Haven't tried aiming toward the KRBK tower yet. My installer is supposed to be getting an additional antenna and equipment and trying again before the end of the week.
Old 07-25-2013, 11:27 AM
tch

Quote:

It was placed on the roof mounted on an old Dish Network mount. We aimed toward Springfield and between Fordland and Springfield with an Antennas Direct CPA 19 preamp and couldn't even get a whiff of a signal from a Springfield KRBK tower. Haven't tried aiming toward the KRBK tower yet. My installer is supposed to be getting an additional antenna and equipment and trying again before the end of the week.

I'm not sure why you would need a preamp in Ozark. I get all the channels except FOX with an old $20 Radio Shack special in the attic. I live just south of the city line (like 100 yards).
FOX is another story. Coverage with their toy antenna system is so spotty I could live right next door to you and own identical equipment... one of us might get reception and the other not. Yes, the coverage really has that many holes. I got KRBK when they first fired it up but lost reception when they started "tweaking" the system for "improvements". Now I couldn't buy a signal from the KRBK tower in Springfield. After a few months they evidently made an arrangement with KWBM and I started picking up that signal. Exactly how I'm getting KWBM is a mystery. The antenna isn't pointed in that direction. I had blown off FOX as a lost cause and didn't do anything special. Still just the old $20 antenna pointed at Fordland.
Old 07-25-2013, 11:48 AM
AVS Special Member

I live about 10 miles southwest of Ava, so I get good reception of all the stations
being broadcast from Fordland as well as KRBK's KWBM signal.
My antenna is pointed at Fordland and gets the KRBK\KWBM signal just fine.
BTW I too use a 20 or 25 year old Radio Shack outdoor antenna.
Old 07-25-2013, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tch View Post

I'm not sure why you would need a preamp in Ozark. I get all the channels except FOX with an old $20 Radio Shack special in the attic. I live just south of the city line (like 100 yards).
FOX is another story. Coverage with their toy antenna system is so spotty I could live right next door to you and own identical equipment... one of us might get reception and the other not. Yes, the coverage really has that many holes. I got KRBK when they first fired it up but lost reception when they started "tweaking" the system for "improvements". Now I couldn't buy a signal from the KRBK tower in Springfield. After a few months they evidently made an arrangement with KWBM and I started picking up that signal. Exactly how I'm getting KWBM is a mystery. The antenna isn't pointed in that direction. I had blown off FOX as a lost cause and didn't do anything special. Still just the old $20 antenna pointed at Fordland.

I was trying the preamp off a recommendation on the tv fool forum. That sure is interesting that you are getting KRBK but aren't pointed toward the KWBM tower while located on the side of town with Walgreens, Walmart, Lowe's, etc. I'm located sort of uphill from the park area. Wish I could get it with a single antenna.
Old 07-25-2013, 01:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I was trying the preamp off a recommendation on the tv fool forum. That sure is interesting that you are getting KRBK but aren't pointed toward the KWBM tower. I'm located sort of uphill from the park area. Wish I could get it with a single antenna.
Just checking - you do know that KRBK's signal through KWBM shows up as 49.1
but is actually broadcast on RF ch 31.2.
If I was in Ozark, I'd try aiming my antenna just south of Fordland in hopes of getting those stations plus KRBK\KWBM...
Old 07-25-2013, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck44 View Post

Just checking - you do know that KRBK's signal through KWBM shows up as 49.1
but is actually broadcast on RF ch 31.2.
If I was in Ozark, I'd try aiming my antenna just south of Fordland in hopes of getting those stations plus KRBK\KWBM...

Yes. We were looking for 49.1 but weren't having any luck. We did pick up the other channels just fine. I can have him try aiming again just south of Fordland. I am just hoping I pick it up somehow. Antenna Web says I can pick up KWBM if an antenna is installed 30 foot above ground.
Old 07-25-2013, 02:11 PM

Well I guess I should say Antenna Web is saying I can pick up KWBM channel 31.1 . I assume it is the same.
Old 07-25-2013, 02:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Well I guess I should say Antenna Web is saying I can pick up KWBM channel 31.1 . I assume it is the same.
Yes.
Old 08-01-2013, 01:05 PM

Thought I'd update. The install was finished today. I could get KRBK pointing towards the KWBM tower in the Branson area with a directional antenna but signal strength was only in the mid to low forties. So we aimed toward Bolivar and are picking up KRBK with a signal strength in the seventies.
Old 08-20-2013, 11:42 AM

I'm considering getting an Antennas Direct DB8 to receive Springfield, Joplin, and KC channels in El Dorado Springs.
I currently have an indoor Winegard SS-3000 and am able to getting KRBK and sometimes other Springfield channels throughout the day. Often at night and in the mornings, I can get all of the Springfield channels, some Joplin, and some KC. I have really been surprised how much I get this far out, and believe that a good outdoor antenna would really work well.
Any thoughts?
Old 08-20-2013, 01:35 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 36
If you post a link to your exact location TVFool plot, we'll be able to make a specific recommendation.

The Db8 is an antenna focused on UHF reception and, for weak signals, must be well-aimed. You might find it to be a basic building block of a complete system that includes a rotor, pre-amplifier (perhaps), and a high-VHF antenna.

Tech support for Antennas Direct
Old 08-29-2013, 10:23 AM

Old 09-03-2013, 09:00 PM

I'm approximately 60 miles NW of Fordland and aim my antenna at 118 degrees. I have a cheap zenith digital tuner I use on an old tv in my basement (not HD) - it scans in 49.1 just fine.

My high $ samsung HD tuner running off the same antenna won't scan it in. All other channels (3, 10, 21, 27, 33) are crystal clear on the samsung. Any ideas why the samsung can't find it?
Old 10-23-2013, 06:30 PM

Liked: 11
I sure would like to watch the World Series!!!

If anyone from KRBK is reading this thread: YOUR STATION SUCKS!!

Who's stupid idea was it to arrange your transmitters that way???

Why can't you just broadcast from Fordland like all the other major networks in SGF???
motorhead0922 likes this.
Old 10-23-2013, 07:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by bvinson View Post

I sure would like to watch the World Series!!!

If anyone from KRBK is reading this thread: YOUR STATION SUCKS!!

Who's stupid idea was it to arrange your transmitters that way???

Why can't you just broadcast from Fordland like all the other major networks in SGF???
Can you add a separate antenna for the FOX station? Or adjust the aim of you current antenna? Is that channel UHF, VHF, or just too far away? I understand this can be aggravating. Fortuntely at my location, I can now receive 2 strong FOX signals, as well as 2 CBS and 2 NBC. And 1 ABC regularly, and 2 usually at night. And several PBS. Have you explored all options? Good luck.
Old 11-19-2013, 06:41 AM

Old 12-12-2013, 07:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 19
sounds like MeTV is coming to KRBK in January. It shows on the Metv site and also elsewhere wink.gif
Old 12-13-2013, 04:42 PM

Good to know. lake TV is know.on Co-Mo Connect and has it in HD but no KY3 Westher Plus yet and it and Charter,Sudderlink don't have KRFT Digital Sub Channels or otters that Springfield gets.
Old 12-22-2013, 02:43 PM

Well, came home today eager to watch the Chiefs game. And there was no signal for KOLR. I am thinking ice buildup from the recent storm. Other channels are all coming in fine, though. Does ice affect VHF elements worse than UHF?
Old 12-22-2013, 02:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjinniMan View Post

Well, came home today eager to watch the Chiefs game. And there was no signal for KOLR. I am thinking ice buildup from the recent storm. Other channels are all coming in fine, though. Does ice affect VHF elements worse than UHF?
You didn't say your location. I'm about 10 miles southwest of Ava, and KOLR is coming in fine.