Springfield / Joplin, MO - HDTV - Page 25 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #721 of 5454 Old 03-14-2006, 10:34 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yes the shipping was very fast. They shipped it 2 days after I ordered it, and I received it within 48 hours.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 5454 Old 03-21-2006, 01:31 PM

I sent e-mail to KSFX the other day asking if they may be on dish before they go full power OTA. They returned saying dish, directv or mediacom could pickup their HD signal anytime they wanted.

This makes me think equipment is in place to pass along an HD signal when someone will pick them up.
post #723 of 5454 Old 03-22-2006, 05:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Good info MRUSS, does anybody have contacts at mediacom? Maybe we can get a converstation started between the parties. I'd love to watch prison break in HDTV.
post #724 of 5454 Old 03-22-2006, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaotic646 View Post

Yes the shipping was very fast. They shipped it 2 days after I ordered it, and I received it within 48 hours.

THEY ARE BACK ORDERED NOW, I HAVE BEEN WAITING 2 WEEKS, THEY SAID MAYBE 7 MORE DAYS. SHIPPING $13
post #725 of 5454 Old 03-23-2006, 04:35 PM

I know this is totally off the subject, but can anyone in the Springfield area recommend a good, reasonable ISF calibrator? Ive found several on the AVS forums but none of them live around here and obviously want extra money to travel here. I figure an ISF calibration is expensive enough as it is, no need in paying for travel expense too if I can find a good one closer to Springfield.
post #726 of 5454 Old 03-23-2006, 07:07 PM
AVS Addicted Member

You can find one here.
post #727 of 5454 Old 03-23-2006, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSS View Post

I sent e-mail to KSFX the other day asking if they may be on dish before they go full power OTA. They returned saying dish, directv or mediacom could pickup their HD signal anytime they wanted.

This makes me think equipment is in place to pass along an HD signal when someone will pick them up.

What? You can pick up an HD signal on directv? Please explain becuase I can't and have also been denied a waiver.
post #728 of 5454 Old 03-24-2006, 06:00 AM
AVS Addicted Member

THX10,

If you have been denied a DNS waiver and can't get a station's weak OTA signal, email a complaint to your US House & Senate representatives. "CC:" a copy to the station's General Manager. Sending it snail mail, noting who you CC: it to in the letter would be better.

Or just move your DirecTV service address to a town that qualifies for HD DNS channels.
post #729 of 5454 Old 03-24-2006, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arxaw View Post

THX10,

If you have been denied a DNS waiver and can't get a station's weak OTA signal, email a complaint to your US House & Senate representatives. "CC:" a copy to the station's General Manager. Sending it snail mail, noting who you CC: it to in the letter would be better.

Or just move your DirecTV service address to a town that qualifies for HD DNS channels.

KC HD locals are up on satellite, and my son lives up there and he has cable. I will have my new 622vip receiver next week and I'm thinking about opening another account on it in KC at his address. I might be working up there and living with him for a few months, who knows.
I don't know if it would be worth it or not but I would sure like to see the races in HD again.
post #730 of 5454 Old 03-24-2006, 11:59 AM

Quote:

KC HD locals are up on satellite, and my son lives up there and he has cable. I will have my new 622vip receiver next week and I'm thinking about opening another account on it in KC at his address. I might be working up there and living with him for a few months, who knows.
I don't know if it would be worth it or not but I would sure like to see the races in HD again.

OH TO SEE THE CHIEFS IN HD W/ NO BLACK OUTS WHEN RAMS ARE ON CBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #731 of 5454 Old 03-24-2006, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trbizwiz View Post

OH TO SEE THE CHIEFS IN HD W/ NO BLACK OUTS WHEN RAMS ARE ON CBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually its the other way around. The Chiefs game is blacked out when they play on Fox if its the same time as the Rams play. Fox = NFC, CBS = AFC. But I hear you loud and clear. Im thinking about getting Sunday Ticket just so I wont have to go sit at some smoky sports bar when the Chiefs game is blacked out. I would have been pissed last season though when Sunday Ticket didnt carry that Friday night KC Vs. Miami game. I had to drive to a sports bar an hour and a half away to see it.
post #732 of 5454 Old 03-27-2006, 06:36 AM

Quote:

Actually its the other way around. The Chiefs game is blacked out when they play on Fox if its the same time as the Rams play. Fox = NFC, CBS = AFC. But I hear you loud and clear. Im thinking about getting Sunday Ticket just so I wont have to go sit at some smoky sports bar when the Chiefs game is blacked out. I would have been pissed last season though when Sunday Ticket didnt carry that Friday night KC Vs. Miami game. I had to drive to a sports bar an hour and a half away to see it.

i figured the kc locals would have the chiefs on no matter what, i know that the springfield station managers get their priorities mixed up sometimes though. And yes that miami/kc deal sucked, but it sounded like a good game on the radio, and i got some work done at the same time, although if my wife finds out i got something done during a chiefs game, they may all get blacked out LOL.
post #733 of 5454 Old 03-27-2006, 07:21 AM

Oh yeah you're correct the KC locals would carry the Chiefs no matter what. I thought you were talking about Springfield locals. In Springfield, if the Chiefs and Rams play at the same time on FOX they show the Rams. If they both play at the same time on CBS they show the Chiefs. I wish the Rams would go back to LA because we never had to worry about it until they moved to St. Louis.
post #734 of 5454 Old 03-27-2006, 08:57 AM

Quote:

Oh yeah you're correct the KC locals would carry the Chiefs no matter what. I thought you were talking about Springfield locals. In Springfield, if the Chiefs and Rams play at the same time on FOX they show the Rams. If they both play at the same time on CBS they show the Chiefs. I wish the Rams would go back to LA because we never had to worry about it until they moved to St. Louis.

A...M...E...N...
post #735 of 5454 Old 03-27-2006, 09:36 AM

Does anyone know which towns around here are able to "automatically" get HD locals via east coast feed because of their location?

I was on the phone with a rep that wanted to get this done, but every bfe place I could think of was in a local market.

If Direct would help us out like that it would sure save us time, money and hassle buying these big freakin antennas that we will only use a small number of months.

Thanks
post #736 of 5454 Old 03-29-2006, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugipper View Post

Does anyone know which towns around here are able to "automatically" get HD locals via east coast feed because of their location?

I was on the phone with a rep that wanted to get this done, but every bfe place I could think of was in a local market.

If Direct would help us out like that it would sure save us time, money and hassle buying these big freakin antennas that we will only use a small number of months.

Thanks

I dont know of any, but I dont think they even have to be towns around Springfield. Im pretty sure you can change your service address to anywhere in the country.
post #737 of 5454 Old 03-30-2006, 05:22 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugipper View Post

mugipper,

Some addresses in Eminence, MO (Shannon County Zip 65466) qualify.

Check your Private Messages in the User CP.
post #738 of 5454 Old 03-31-2006, 12:05 PM

Just an update, I think this has been posted before. I like to E-Mail the local stations not offering HD at least once every couple months. Here is the last response I recieved.

"At this time, plans are for both KOLR10 and KSFX to be broadcasting full-power, high definition signals by September of this year. Thanks for your interest.

Dean Wasson "

Can't wait.
post #739 of 5454 Old 03-31-2006, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by am_pcguy View Post

Just an update, I think this has been posted before. I like to E-Mail the local stations not offering HD at least once every couple months. Here is the last response I recieved.

"At this time, plans are for both KOLR10 and KSFX to be broadcasting full-power, high definition signals by September of this year. Thanks for your interest.

Dean Wasson "

Can't wait.

SWEET, but i'm not holding my breath
post #740 of 5454 Old 04-03-2006, 10:00 AM

Looks like weatherplus is on.Picture quality is pretty bad.
post #741 of 5454 Old 04-03-2006, 10:37 AM

Quote:

Looks like weatherplus is on.Picture quality is pretty bad.

Brilliant planning, put on an extra channel to decrease your available bandwidth, broadcast it in poor quality, and to top it off better services are available up to the minute via the internet. Well at least they are giving us medium definition programming some of the time, although not the local news or most of the other regular programming.
Sorry that sounded a little bitter.
post #742 of 5454 Old 04-03-2006, 01:42 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Just what we need; another subchannel to make 3-1 NBC-HD look worse
post #743 of 5454 Old 04-04-2006, 12:48 PM

I kinda like weatherplus, if they will remove UPN maybe it won't hurt us so bad. Does anyone know what will happen with UPN this fall when they merge with WB?
post #744 of 5454 Old 04-05-2006, 04:04 PM

Anybody else getting the Cardinals game on ESPN2 HD? It is blacked out for me. If so, I may have to "move" back to springfield.
post #745 of 5454 Old 04-06-2006, 10:52 AM

Fox Sports Midwest has listed 17 Cardinals games that are to be broadcast in HD this year. Does anyone know if I can get these games through Dish Network?
post #746 of 5454 Old 04-06-2006, 10:57 AM

I doubt it. I was able to get the game on FSN last night, but the ESPN and ESPNHD was blacked out. If it is the same on Sunday Night Baseball I will call and find out what is going on. Last year I watched the Cardinals every time they were on ESPN, even when it was on FSN as well.
post #747 of 5454 Old 04-06-2006, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyG24 View Post

Fox Sports Midwest has listed 17 Cardinals games that are to be broadcast in HD this year. Does anyone know if I can get these games through Dish Network?

I haven't heard anything about Dish carrying any HD from Fox Sports. Rupert will probably put that on Direct TV first.
post #748 of 5454 Old 04-06-2006, 03:58 PM

I did see a Dodgers/Braves game on Dish Network HDPPV channel the other night, so it might be on that.
post #749 of 5454 Old 04-06-2006, 08:27 PM

I can get more digital channels! Woohoo!

My gf found KOLR-DT flipping through the channels today and I can also get KSPR-DT. I'm not sure if they're HD as no HD content was broadcasting at that time, but thank God I can finally get something besides KY3 and KOZK! Not that there was anything wrong with those fine stations.

BTW, I live in south Springfield and am using an indoor Terk amplified directional antenna.

Again, today was the first time that I was able to get digital KOLR and KSPR channels in South Springfield.
post #750 of 5454 Old 04-07-2006, 06:05 AM

I can always get KSFX, KYTV and KOZK. I have trouble with KOLR on a windy day, however, I was picking up KSPR last week for a couple of days, only 50% signal, but it was coming in. That only lasted a couple of days though, as now I can't get it.
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page