Yeah WMC guide data is still fubar.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6932 of 7397 Old 12-08-2011, 06:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yup. I'm in 92782 and WMC is still wrong. This is killing my WAF!
post #6933 of 7397 Old 12-08-2011, 06:47 PM

Ok I called Microsoft and they fixed it. Redownload the data and you are good
post #6934 of 7397 Old 12-08-2011, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJCS View Post

Ok I called Microsoft and they fixed it. Redownload the data and you are good

I just re-downloaded and the data is still not correct for me.
post #6935 of 7397 Old 12-08-2011, 09:01 PM

Same here. Forced a manual download of guide listing. Nothing changed...
post #6936 of 7397 Old 12-08-2011, 09:22 PM

I re downloaded and got mostly correct data. Are people still missing the NFL and Redzone HD channels?
post #6937 of 7397 Old 12-08-2011, 09:37 PM

Make sure you'resetup for Cox Aliso Viejo and not Irvine
post #6938 of 7397 Old 12-08-2011, 10:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jflogerzi View Post

I re downloaded and got mostly correct data. Are people still missing the NFL and Redzone HD channels?

My TiVos have guide listings for both:
NFL = 1339
NFL RedZone = 1685

TiVo 6 tuner Roamio Pro, Elite & Premiere + MoCA networking.
kmttg - Tivo To Go and Advanced Remote Control

post #6939 of 7397 Old 12-09-2011, 12:14 AM

Any of you guys have the Hauppauge WinTV DCR-2650 w/ Cable Card? I'm having a weird issue where i get about half of my channels (ESPN 1015, NAT GEO 1108, etc), but the other half don't even come out (Comedy Central 1060, TBS ???, etc). It just says:

"Service is unavailable. There is currently no TV signal detected for this channel. The channel may be temporarily off the air. Try again later."

When i look at my Hauppauge Web Interface -> Channel Lineup. I can see the list of channels it can tune to. All the channels i get the error above from, are not on the list.

Got a TV adapter from Cox connected to the WinTV DCR-2650 w/ Cable Card. All drivers are installed, Motorola TV Adapter, WinTV. Windows 7 Pro 64bit.

Any ideas?
post #6940 of 7397 Old 12-09-2011, 07:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoh View Post

Any of you guys have the Hauppauge WinTV DCR-2650 w/ Cable Card? I'm having a weird issue where i get about half of my channels (ESPN 1015, NAT GEO 1108, etc), but the other half don't even come out (Comedy Central 1060, TBS ???, etc). It just says:

"Service is unavailable. There is currently no TV signal detected for this channel. The channel may be temporarily off the air. Try again later."

When i look at my Hauppauge Web Interface -> Channel Lineup. I can see the list of channels it can tune to. All the channels i get the error above from, are not on the list.

Got a TV adapter from Cox connected to the WinTV DCR-2650 w/ Cable Card. All drivers are installed, Motorola TV Adapter, WinTV. Windows 7 Pro 64bit.

Any ideas?

My guess is the Tuning Adapter didn't get the proper/entire channel map for some reason. As a test power off the Tuning Adapter and see if you can get some of the channels you couldn't when powered on. If that is the case then you've isolated problem to Tuning Adapter.

post #6941 of 7397 Old 12-09-2011, 08:09 AM
AVS Special Member

My 2 Premieres and S3 OLED unit cannot tune the following channels:
1045 = HLNHD
1047 = GALAHD
Anyone else?

post #6942 of 7397 Old 12-09-2011, 08:58 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post

My 2 Premieres and S3 OLED unit cannot tune the following channels:
1045 = HLNHD
1047 = GALAHD
Anyone else?

On my Cox Motorola box, 1045 does not show up in the Guide. 1047 does, but when I tune I get the message that I have not subscribed.
post #6943 of 7397 Old 12-09-2011, 09:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teague View Post

On my Cox Motorola box, 1045 does not show up in the Guide. 1047 does, but when I tune I get the message that I have not subscribed.

OK thanks. As Whitearrow pointed out in other forum 1045 is not on official Cox channel list so probably shouldn't be showing up in channel list at all. 1047 is listed and should work but must be having issues.

post #6944 of 7397 Old 12-09-2011, 01:48 PM
AVS Special Member

For someone that has a TiVo HD and/or Premiere I'm wondering if you can go to CableCard->Conditional Access screen and report what you see after Val: field? For my Premieres I have a feeling that my CableCards are not properly paired. Whenever I tune to a Premium channel with non-zero CCI byte the CableCard screen always pops up for me. I suspect the reason for that is my cards are not properly paired. It hasn't been an issue for me since I don't subscribe to premiums and all the channels I care about are CCI=0x0, but still I'd like to confirm that they are not paired properly.

So if someone has a TiVo and especially does have premium channels I'd appreciate you posting what your Conditional Access screen says after the Val: field. For me that line currently reads:
Con: Yes EBCP: Yes Val: ? 0x15

I believe the value after Val should be a V instead of question mark for a properly paired card.

Thanks!

post #6945 of 7397 Old 12-09-2011, 02:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Mine says:

Con: Yes EBCP: Yes Val: V 0x0E
post #6946 of 7397 Old 12-09-2011, 02:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitearrow View Post

Mine says:

OK thanks. That confirms it that at least for the one Premiere it is not properly paired. I guess it hasn't been an issue for me since I don't subscribe to Premiums and don't need any channels with non-zero CCI setting. Apparently encrypted channels with CCI=0x0 can be decrypted without proper pairing which I didn't know. I previously thought any encrypted channel required proper pairing in order to decrypt.

post #6947 of 7397 Old 12-09-2011, 10:00 PM

Quote:

Any ideas?

I have the same Hauppauge WinTV DCR-2650 w/ Cable Card tuner, just got it about two weeks ago. I received only limited channels upon install, so I had a tech come out and also spent hours troubleshooting on the phone w/ Cox prior to the channel realignment this week. The tech that came to my home said that Cox doesn't support the Hauppauge device (and said that they only support Tivos, which always work upon installation) and he didn't touch my PC nor did he attempt to solve the missing channels problem but he did test line quality/signal and everything in that area passed. The customer service phone tech I spoke with said that the cable card was fully activated to receive all of the programming tiers that I pay for and I actually called Cox back to reconfirm this after I read a post that someone else had this problem and it was improper card programming/authorization, although that was a Charter or Comcast customer/post.

Unfortunately, my tuner only receives the same channels you mentioned and many are left out (like CNN, NFL, NHL, MTV, etc.). I believe that I've followed all of the steps required in order to make everything work. I've downloaded and installed the current drivers available from Hauppage, but I haven't taken the next step of contacting Hauppauge yet to see if they can help. I'll likely do that soon. If you find any resolution, I'd be glad to read it.
post #6948 of 7397 Old 12-09-2011, 10:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitearrow View Post

Mine says:

Quote:

OK thanks. That confirms it that at least for the one Premiere it is not properly paired. I guess it hasn't been an issue for me since I don't subscribe to Premiums and don't need any channels with non-zero CCI setting. Apparently encrypted channels with CCI=0x0 can be decrypted without proper pairing which I didn't know. I previously thought any encrypted channel required proper pairing in order to decrypt.

My other Premiere and S3 OLED units do have proper pairing, it's just 1 Premiere that does not. Don't think I'll call Cox to try and fix it at the risk of screwing things up further.

post #6949 of 7397 Old 12-10-2011, 09:45 AM

Quote:

My guess is the Tuning Adapter didn't get the proper/entire channel map for some reason. As a test power off the Tuning Adapter and see if you can get some of the channels you couldn't when powered on. If that is the case then you've isolated problem to Tuning Adapter.

I unplugged the power on the Tuning Adapter and have the same issue. Can't tune to channels like Comedy Central, TBS, FOOD Network, etc. But still get the channels i got w/ the Tuning Adapter (ESPN, TNT). I went through the TV Channel setup in Windows Media Center again.. but still no dice.

Hmmm stupid question, what's the point of the Tuning Adapter if i can get these channels with just the CableCard?

Any other ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by grapejelly View Post

I have the same Hauppauge WinTV DCR-2650 w/ Cable Card tuner, just got it about two weeks ago. I received only limited channels upon install, so I had a tech come out and also spent hours troubleshooting on the phone w/ Cox prior to the channel realignment this week. The tech that came to my home said that Cox doesn't support the Hauppauge device (and said that they only support Tivos, which always work upon installation) and he didn't touch my PC nor did he attempt to solve the missing channels problem but he did test line quality/signal and everything in that area passed. The customer service phone tech I spoke with said that the cable card was fully activated to receive all of the programming tiers that I pay for and I actually called Cox back to reconfirm this after I read a post that someone else had this problem and it was improper card programming/authorization, although that was a Charter or Comcast customer/post.

Unfortunately, my tuner only receives the same channels you mentioned and many are left out (like CNN, NFL, NHL, MTV, etc.). I believe that I've followed all of the steps required in order to make everything work. I've downloaded and installed the current drivers available from Hauppage, but I haven't taken the next step of contacting Hauppauge yet to see if they can help. I'll likely do that soon. If you find any resolution, I'd be glad to read it.

I was afraid of this. Your story sounds pretty much like mine. haha. Except i did a couple more things. My cox tech suggested that i try replacing the Tuning adapter and CableCard.. which i did and didn't help. And i am in contact with Hauppauge Support. I started a ticket maybe 3 weeks ago and have been exchanging emails and screen shot since then. They have no idea why I can't get these channels either. bummer. I'll let you know if this issue gets resolved. Let me know as well if you figure it out!

Wonder if the SiliconDust HDHomeRun Prime TV Tuner has the same issues.
post #6950 of 7397 Old 12-10-2011, 11:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Hmmm stupid question, what's the point of the Tuning Adapter if i can get these channels with just the CableCard?

There are a whole bunch of channels that are Switched Digital Video (SDV) that you cannot tune without it. For example most of the channels in the 300s and a lot of the newer HD channels. Cox OC doesn't provide an up to date official list of SDV channels AFAIK.

post #6951 of 7397 Old 12-10-2011, 03:37 PM

Please don't take this as me being a smart ass, it's an honest question.

I have followed this forum for many years because I have found it to be very informative, but it seems like 80% of the posts concern problems with Cable Cards, Tuning adapters, and Tivos. The problems seem to center on resets, missing channels, inaccurate program guides, recording problems and other irritating issues.

My question is: What makes all this aggravation worth it? Why not just rent Cox STBs?

Again, I am not trying to be a smart ass, I would really like to know, what are the advantages of non STB setups that make living with all these problems worthwhile.
post #6952 of 7397 Old 12-10-2011, 10:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick1946 View Post

Please don't take this as me being a smart ass, it's an honest question.

I have followed this forum for many years because I have found it to be very informative, but it seems like 80% of the posts concern problems with Cable Cards, Tuning adapters, and Tivos. The problems seem to center on resets, missing channels, inaccurate program guides, recording problems and other irritating issues.

My question is: What makes all this aggravation worth it? Why not just rent Cox STBs?

Again, I am not trying to be a smart ass, I would really like to know, what are the advantages of non STB setups that make living with all these problems worthwhile.

In no particular order just to name a few off the top of my head:
* 30 sec skip
* Advanced wishlists, for example: Record all NBA Basketball Laker games whatever HD channel they appear on
* Suggestions (I don't care for them but a lot of people do)
* Real amount of disk space as opposed to limited capacity - can either expand internal storage or use external additional storage.
* Has supported multi-room viewing for many years and with Premieres you can now delete shows across multiple units and streaming (vs copying) is coming as well.
* Proper season passes that don't record same exact airing more than once
* Many more options for searching for shows, actors, directors, etc.
* Offloading shows to your computer or portable devices
* Ability to view shows from your computer on your DVR
* Cheaper over the long run if you get lifetime service and avoiding perpetual costly monthly fees
* YouTube, Pandora, Netflix, Amazon, etc.
* Applications that let you view To Do lists, find all season & series premieres, search and schedule shows etc. while away from home
* 4 tuner unit now available

post #6953 of 7397 Old 12-10-2011, 11:26 PM

Media Center
* Up to 12 Tuners
* Watch tv on any windows 7 machine
* Hey it's a full computer
* Pretty much everything Tivo has
post #6954 of 7397 Old 12-11-2011, 08:36 AM
AVS Special Member

I looked at Media Center for a while and it is pretty compelling but it still does not have Advanced Wishlists capability (it has basic wishlists but not advanced wishlists), and the other problem was the lack of good extenders for viewing on. I don't consider the Xbox a good/affordable/viable extender to have in each room, and having a computer at each TV is not for me either. Still, a much, much better solution than whatever Cox can provide.

post #6955 of 7397 Old 12-11-2011, 04:45 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:

I looked at Media Center for a while and it is pretty compelling but it still does not have Advanced Wishlists capability (it has basic wishlists but not advanced wishlists), and the other problem was the lack of good extenders for viewing on. I don't consider the Xbox a good/affordable/viable extender to have in each room, and having a computer at each TV is not for me either. Still, a much, much better solution than whatever Cox can provide.

I think I would have gone with WMC by now except for the lack of a cheap extender. Very early on they were sold, but then they disappeared. I really don't see why they aren't offered. Something like the Roku device ($89 at Costco) would be perfect.
post #6956 of 7397 Old 12-12-2011, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teague View Post

I think I would have gone with WMC by now except for the lack of a cheap extender. Very early on they were sold, but then they disappeared. I really don't see why they aren't offered. Something like the Roku device ($89 at Costco) would be perfect.

You could look at the Apple TV ($100) and XBMC (http://xbmc.org/)

--
Keith
post #6957 of 7397 Old 12-12-2011, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanglin View Post

You could look at the Apple TV ($100) and XBMC (http://xbmc.org/)

Apple TV now supports cable card and live TV? I don't think so.

I'm running WMC w an InfiniTV 4 tuner and a Xbox360 in the bedroom.

Xbox360's can be found for under $200 (just google or ebay it). For me, paying Cox $17+/month (x2) for crappy DVRs was something I hated. I had TIVO's for years too, but making the move to a HTPC w WMC as my front-end and a Xbox as a client is a much, much better experience by far.

1) Automatic commercial skipping app has my wife & kids never watching commercials (or having to hit the skip button) again for recorded tv
2) All home movies, pictures, music in a slick interface that my 6 year old can operate
3) Pull up Google Earth on my 59" plasma and listen to my guests "Wow you can do that?"
4) Netflix built into WMC
5) Watching TV Series/Movie/Blu-ray rips that I store on my server gives my family hundreds of options w FULL 1080p DTS-HD audio
6) Bit perfect audio and full resolution video (None of which TIVO or most all STB can provide - they all sample down some way or another)

I've become a HD video and audio snob because of my HTPC. Thus, getting the full benefits of my HT experience. I rip my music to uncompressed/lossless FLAC and Blu-rays retain full HD video & audio.

Would I setup a HTPC for my parents? No, I would tell them to go out and get a pair of TIVO's. But for my use case and for supporting my $$ HT experience the options and experience from a HTPC is well worth the cost and hassle.
post #6958 of 7397 Old 12-12-2011, 01:11 PM
AVS Special Member

FYI, TiVos have "native" output resolution if you just want to pass A/V through as is.

post #6959 of 7397 Old 12-12-2011, 01:19 PM

Quote:

FYI, TiVos have "native" output resolution if you just want to pass A/V through as is.

I was referring to HD video @ 1080p resolution and audio @ DTS-HD MA 5.1/7.1, TrueHD 5.1/7.1 (Also known as 'bit-streaming')

I wasn't aware TIVO could play/stream these natively.
post #6960 of 7397 Old 12-12-2011, 01:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by izoard View Post

I was referring to HD video @ 1080p resolution and audio @ DTS-HD MA 5.1/7.1, TrueHD 5.1/7.1 (Also known as 'bit-streaming')

I wasn't aware TIVO could play/stream these natively.

I was talking about TV show playback which is what TiVos are primarily designed for.

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page