Orange County, CA - Cox - Page 234 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #6991 of 7402 Old 01-17-2012, 11:56 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Just Noticed Universal Sports is no longer available. They carried track and triathlon. Apparently some contract issues.

http://www.universalsports.com/index.html

According to the above website channel availability search , Cox and other carriers discontinued their service in January. This is confirmed by the Universal Sports Wiki page. What I don't understand is how the communication conglomerates make money when they fail to agree on terms and then withhold the programming from almost everybody.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6992 of 7402 Old 01-17-2012, 12:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshift1 View Post

Just Noticed Universal Sports is no longer available. They carried track and triathlon. Apparently some contract issues.

http://www.universalsports.com/index.html

According to the above website channel availability search , Cox and other carriers discontinued their service in January. This is confirmed by the Universal Sports Wiki page. What I don't understand is how the communication conglomerates make money when they fail to agree on terms and then withhold the programming from almost everybody.

it was on your local nbc's subchannel and now it's a regular full cable channel
post #6993 of 7402 Old 01-17-2012, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajwees41 View Post

it was on your local nbc's subchannel and now it's a regular full cable channel

That's not available on Cox at this point.
post #6994 of 7402 Old 01-18-2012, 03:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Did you guys see that Cox is dumping its mobile phone service?
post #6995 of 7402 Old 01-19-2012, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitearrow View Post

Did you guys see that Cox is dumping its mobile phone service?

Yes, they paid me $300.00 to sign up and $150.00 to sign off. Got a better monthly deal with AT&T. The mobile service was fine except it caused a 6 month billing problem that Better Business Bureau helped resolve.
post #6996 of 7402 Old 01-26-2012, 10:58 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
Quote:

The "plus pak" only premium channels are extremely annoying -- I feel that if I pay the $10 a month for HBO and Showtime, I should get all the channels in HD that Cox offers. I'm not going to give up my TiVos for it, though.

I recently came back to Cox for cable after being on antenna for a while. I ordered HBO and SHO because of a six month promo. It infuriates me that I'm not getting the additional HD feeds for HBO and SHO!

The Tivo Premiere can handle it. I get a "This channel is not authorized." message on 1206 and the like. Interestingly the non-premium Plus Pak channels, 1323 & 1900, show "Searching for signal on this cable channel..." instead.
post #6997 of 7402 Old 01-26-2012, 11:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Islanti View Post

I recently came back to Cox for cable after being on antenna for a while. I ordered HBO and SHO because of a six month promo. It infuriates me that I'm not getting the additional HD feeds for HBO and SHO!

The Tivo Premiere can handle it. I get a "This channel is not authorized." message on 1206 and the like. Interestingly the non-premium Plus Pak channels, 1323 & 1900, show "Searching for signal on this cable channel..." instead.

You can get them at no additional charge on a TiVo Premiere with a SDV Tuning Adapter, as long as you subscribe to the Corresponding SD package and HD service.

Contact "Joshuarat" @ http://www.sandiegohdtv.org/forums/t...d=2268#pid2268

http://www.sandiegohdtv.org/forums/t...nels-cablecard

TiVo Roamio Pro, Premiere XL4, Premiere 2TB-WD20EURS, TiVo Mini
Win7 WMC SiliconDust HDHomeRun Prime, Cisco Tuning Adapter Status Troubleshooting
post #6998 of 7402 Old 01-28-2012, 10:07 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_CoxPHX View Post

You can get them at no additional charge on a TiVo Premiere with a SDV Tuning Adapter, as long as you subscribe to the Corresponding SD package and HD service.

After reading through the links you kindly provided (THANKS!) I contacted Cox. After 3 calls I finally got someone who put the codes on my account. Unfortunately they only put it on 2 of my 3 TAs. Took a truck roll to fix, although there were signal issues as well. Cox also put the $5 / month charge on the account (after saying they wouldn't). Got the TA sorted but "Advanced TV" @ $5 isn't a bargain.

To be clear Cox's website states: "Free HD programming. HD programming is FREE with your Advanced TV subscription." Since Cox advertises on the pricing page that Advanced TV is free I don't see why I'm being charged.

I'm going to contact Joshuarat from the other forum and see if he can clarify or help.

EDIT - After calling Cox it seems that the charges on my bill were prorated from some other changes so it looks like I'm not actually being charged. Hopefully the bill shows that as well when it arrives.
post #6999 of 7402 Old 01-28-2012, 10:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islanti View Post

After reading through the links you kindly provided (THANKS!) I contacted Cox. After 3 calls I finally got someone who put the codes on my account. Unfortunately they only put it on 2 of my 3 TAs. Took a truck roll to fix, although there were signal issues as well. Cox also put the $5 / month charge on the account (after saying they wouldn't). Got the TA sorted but "Advanced TV" @ $5 isn't a bargain.

To be clear Cox's website states: "Free HD programming. HD programming is FREE with your Advanced TV subscription." Since Cox advertises on the pricing page that Advanced TV is free I don't see why I'm being charged.

I'm going to contact Joshuarat from the other forum and see if he can clarify or help.

EDIT - After calling Cox it seems that the charges on my bill were prorated from some other changes so it looks like I'm not actually being charged. Hopefully the bill shows that as well when it arrives.

Advanced tv isn't free it's the HD that is free the tuning adapter does need the codes the account and cable card does.
post #7000 of 7402 Old 01-28-2012, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grapejelly View Post

I have the same Hauppauge WinTV DCR-2650 w/ Cable Card tuner, just got it about two weeks ago. I received only limited channels upon install, so I had a tech come out and also spent hours troubleshooting on the phone w/ Cox prior to the channel realignment this week. The tech that came to my home said that Cox doesn't support the Hauppauge device (and said that they only support Tivos, which always work upon installation) and he didn't touch my PC nor did he attempt to solve the missing channels problem but he did test line quality/signal and everything in that area passed. The customer service phone tech I spoke with said that the cable card was fully activated to receive all of the programming tiers that I pay for and I actually called Cox back to reconfirm this after I read a post that someone else had this problem and it was improper card programming/authorization, although that was a Charter or Comcast customer/post.

Unfortunately, my tuner only receives the same channels you mentioned and many are left out (like CNN, NFL, NHL, MTV, etc.). I believe that I've followed all of the steps required in order to make everything work. I've downloaded and installed the current drivers available from Hauppage, but I haven't taken the next step of contacting Hauppauge yet to see if they can help. I'll likely do that soon. If you find any resolution, I'd be glad to read it.

Great news. Hauppauge released a tuning adaptor update on Jan. 11, 2012 (I found it today). After downloading it and following the installation directions, I now can receive and decode the entire Cox channel lineup that I pay for - which includes all HD channels as well as Cox digital channels higher than 73 as well as the HD Music Choice channels in the 1900s.

I am now very pleased to report that the WinTV DCR-2650 is now 100% functional with Cox Cable (card) in Orange County, CA.
post #7001 of 7402 Old 02-03-2012, 04:23 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
no longer see Vutopia or VutopiaHD listed in on demand menus. They had some good classic movies.
post #7002 of 7402 Old 02-03-2012, 12:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twarren View Post

no longer see Vutopia or VutopiaHD listed in on demand menus. They had some good classic movies.

Yes they shut down low viewership. It was in the bill
post #7003 of 7402 Old 02-18-2012, 06:54 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
FWIW - a couple of days ago I started getting error messages when trying to get/send email in cox.net email account. They apparently "simplified" the server names to eliminate the regional domains, so just use pop.cox.net and smtp.cox.net.
post #7004 of 7402 Old 02-27-2012, 08:44 PM

Just started having frequent pixelization and sound issues on CBS 1002 recently. Anyone else?
post #7005 of 7402 Old 02-27-2012, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreidel23 View Post

Just started having frequent pixelization and sound issues on CBS 1002 recently. Anyone else?

I had it for a while. Cox at first said it was the new SCE wireless meters, but I called SCE and found out that was not the case. When they sent a service tech out, he said this is becoming a common problem. He added a line amp, and all seems to be good now. So you can either get Cox to come out and do that, or buy one yourself and try it.
post #7006 of 7402 Old 02-29-2012, 04:22 PM

I was thinking about Tivo and cablecard. What I can find from Cox indicates sport packages such as MLB and NHL Center Ice cannot be tuned via a cablecard.
This would seem like a deal killer for our case

So my question is, can I tune/record these sports subscrition packages with a cablecard?
Thanks
post #7007 of 7402 Old 02-29-2012, 04:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Cox will give you a Tuning Adapter along with the cablecard. The Tuning Adapter is what controls which channels you can tune and you should be able to tune any channel their normal set top boxes do. (Previously with just a cablecard there was a different channel map for cablecard vs set top box, but with Tuning Adapter you get same channel map as normal boxes). So I would say most likely yes you can tune those sports channels without issue - the only question is if their billing system can properly authorize your account to decrypt those channels.

TiVo 6 tuner Roamio Pro, Elite & Premiere + MoCA networking.
kmttg - Tivo To Go and Advanced Remote Control

post #7008 of 7402 Old 03-08-2012, 04:27 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I connect directly to the wall and do not subscribe to the digital service. I did a scan today, it looks like some basic cable channels have been added to clear QAM:
24.2 - MTV
24.3 - USA
24.4 - Discover
24.6 - E
24.7 - Cartoon Network
121.2 - Weather Channel

All are 480i, except the Weather Channel, which is 1080i. Wonder how much longer Cox will provide analog service.
post #7009 of 7402 Old 03-08-2012, 04:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Those would be the digital version of the basic line up. Cox has said analog will be around for at least 4 years after OTA analog cutoff
post #7010 of 7402 Old 03-09-2012, 12:46 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 29
I also have 1 TV connected without a Cable HD Box and scanned in the "Local Ch's" in HD and they look good. Anyone been able to get Ch. 13 and Ch. 56 scanned in by their TV Tuners in widescreen and HD??? Did the above Cable Ch.'s scan in HD??? Thanx!!
post #7011 of 7402 Old 03-09-2012, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Lucca View Post

I also have 1 TV connected without a Cable HD Box and scanned in the "Local Ch's" in HD and they look good. Anyone been able to get Ch. 13 and Ch. 56 scanned in by their TV Tuners in widescreen and HD??? Did the above Cable Ch.'s scan in HD??? Thanx!!

I can get 13.1 to scan in, but not 56.1.

Tonight the Weather Channel that was on 121.2 yesterday is gone, along with the TV Guide Channel on 111.11. The 24.x channels (in standard def and 4:3) are still there.
post #7012 of 7402 Old 03-09-2012, 09:13 PM

56.1 (KDOC HD) is on 35.7. That is on the Sharp, on the Vizio it is on 35-43284!

I found the TV Guide Channel tonight on 120.10 and the HD Weather Channel on 122.7. Maybe they will be somewhere else tomorrow night.
post #7013 of 7402 Old 03-12-2012, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teague View Post

I had it for a while. Cox at first said it was the new SCE wireless meters, but I called SCE and found out that was not the case. When they sent a service tech out, he said this is becoming a common problem. He added a line amp, and all seems to be good now. So you can either get Cox to come out and do that, or buy one yourself and try it.

Yep. He replaced my line amp and some other fittings and sure enough problem solved. Thank you.
post #7014 of 7402 Old 03-15-2012, 11:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Hi everyone:

What channel would 1002 show up on on a Fusion (DVICO) tuner? I was having problems last week were it would be reported as D2 and then flick to like D932 (or something like that) and then back to D2 again. Tonight I rescanned the channels and I can't find it any more. I do have the non HD version of that channel. Fox, ABC and NBC seen to be fine though.

I should note 1002 is working fine on my Ceton card downstairs so I'd be suprised if it's a signal issue. I should also note I have an amp installed prior to the digital SCE meter ... the issue with the Fusion may have started around that time now that I think about it.....

Thanks,
Chris

EDIT: I saw a Cox tech working on the street wiring yesterday. I rescanned tonight and CBS HD is back so it may be been a street/signal issue.
post #7015 of 7402 Old 04-16-2012, 01:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Oh for godssake...

I just got a TiVo lineup change that SyFy, Bravo and USA HD are all changing from the east coast to the west coast feeds.

If this is true, however, then the programs on the SD channels should now match the HD channels, yeah? And they don't. Right now (at 1 pm pacific) 61 and 1061 are showing different episodes of Eureka, 22 and 1022 are showing L&O:CI and NCIS, respectively, and 55 and 1055 are showing different episodes of Real Housewives of New Jersey.

So, I guess I'm off to submit a TiVo lineup change... if you have a TIVo, PLEASE SUBMIT ONE TOO, and in the meanwhile, be aware that your recordings on all three channels are going to be FUBAR'D.

Here's the info for the lineup report -- pick "incorrect channels"

- On channel (Ch. #) 1022 the TiVo Live Guide displays (Ch. Letters) USAHDP, but it's really (Ch. Letters) USAHD.

- On channel (Ch. #) 1055 the TiVo Live Guide displays (Ch. Letters) BRAVOHDP, but it's really (Ch. Letters) BRAVOHD.

- On channel (Ch. #) 1061 the TiVo Live Guide displays (Ch. Letters) SYFYHDP, but it's really (Ch. Letters) SYFYHD.

In notes, mention that the recent lineup change was incorrect.
post #7016 of 7402 Old 04-16-2012, 04:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Oh for godssake...

I just got a TiVo lineup change that SyFy, Bravo and USA HD are all changing from the east coast to the west coast feeds.

If this is true, however, then the programs on the SD channels should now match the HD channels, yeah? And they don't. Right now (at 1 pm pacific) 61 and 1061 are showing different episodes of Eureka, 22 and 1022 are showing L&O:CI and NCIS, respectively, and 55 and 1055 are showing different episodes of Real Housewives of New Jersey.

So, I guess I'm off to submit a TiVo lineup change... if you have a TIVo, PLEASE SUBMIT ONE TOO, and in the meanwhile, be aware that your recordings on all three channels are going to be FUBAR'D.

Here's the info for the lineup report -- pick "incorrect channels"

- On channel (Ch. #) 1022 the TiVo Live Guide displays (Ch. Letters) USAHDP, but it's really (Ch. Letters) USAHD.

- On channel (Ch. #) 1055 the TiVo Live Guide displays (Ch. Letters) BRAVOHDP, but it's really (Ch. Letters) BRAVOHD.

- On channel (Ch. #) 1061 the TiVo Live Guide displays (Ch. Letters) SYFYHDP, but it's really (Ch. Letters) SYFYHD.

In notes, mention that the recent lineup change was incorrect.

Just checked and I guess neither of my units have updated channel lineup yet today as I'm still seeing USAHD/BRAVOHD/SYFHYD instead of the HDP versions. Eureka is set to record @6:00pm tonight which hopefully is the right one...
I'll check again tomorrow and submit lineup change once/if my lineups change.
(It may be possible that Irvine vs Aliso Viejo digital listings things could be different so I don't want to jump the gun just in case).

Of course you do know as soon as Tribune gets around to changing it back for you Cox will officially flip the switch so that we get the pacific feeds instead.

post #7017 of 7402 Old 04-16-2012, 04:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post

Of course you do know as soon as Tribune gets around to changing it back for you Cox will officially flip the switch so that we get the pacific feeds instead.

I hope not... I really like getting the east coast feeds.

I do wonder where this came from -- it's impossible to tell from the official cox lineup since they don't list which feed a channel is.
post #7018 of 7402 Old 04-16-2012, 05:10 PM
AVS Special Member

I just checked zap2it.com with my zip code (92692) and Aliso Viejo digital lineup and it has BOTH east and west coast versions of the channels listed one right after another !? Now that is confusing...

post #7019 of 7402 Old 04-16-2012, 05:44 PM
AVS Special Member

It is strange. In my todo list, Eurkea and Lost Girl are still scheduled for tonight at 6 and 7 pm (east coast) and 1061 is still showing as SyFyHD. It's gone in the guide, though.

And as usual TiVo support says it will take 5-7 days to resolve.
post #7020 of 7402 Old 04-16-2012, 06:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 20
This change from East to West feeds did take place for Cox AZ last week. Tribune Media first posted the change 5 weeks before it actually happened.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...5#post21895485

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...57#post9043057

TiVo Roamio Pro, Premiere XL4, Premiere 2TB-WD20EURS, TiVo Mini
Win7 WMC SiliconDust HDHomeRun Prime, Cisco Tuning Adapter Status Troubleshooting
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page