Orange County, CA - Cox - Page 249 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #7441 of 7444 Old 06-27-2015, 04:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Cox OC Analog Cutoff Starts 9/1

I received a letter from Cox in my mail today (6/27). The letter states that Cox will "begin the transition to All Digital on September 1, 2015". It did not provide any more specifics beyond that, namely exact cutoff dates for specific portions of the Cox OC service area.

Everything else in the letter (i.e., the fine print at the bottom of the letter) mirrors what has been said here:

- 1 mini box free for 1 year (offer ends 10/10/15). (I already have a box. Though the letter does not state as such, based on what has already been stated here, I presume if I did not have a box, then I would be eligible to get 2 units free for 1 year.)
- a CableCARD can be provided instead of a mini box free for 1 year.
- regular rates apply thereafter for the mini box and/or CableCARD.
- additional units may be ordered at the regular rate (currently $1.99/mo).
- HD channel availability may vary between mini box and Advanced TV receiver or CableCARD device. (I presume this refers to channels distributed via SDV.)
- An HDTV set with an HDMI connection is required for HD quality video.
- Older HDTV sets without HDMI connections will experience improved video quality, but not HD.
- RF video connection may be required for secondary audio access.

More info at http://cox.com/goalldigital
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7442 of 7444 Old 06-27-2015, 10:28 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
On the analog side, the minibox looks to just be cropping the area outside the 4:3 display, as opposed to letterboxing.
post #7443 of 7444 Old 06-29-2015, 06:31 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpl View Post
I'm on a hill near the MV/RSM border. I am using a Channel Master 4228 with a 7777 amp in my attic. I get most of the L.A. channels in good quality most of the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvsixer View Post
Lucky you. I am on the RSM/Trabuco border right behind a hill. I have tried a 4228, several highly regarded DIY antenna designs, along with a couple of amps. Best I could get is one or two channels sporadically. Also tried to get the San Diego stations which are actually better LOS, but just too far away for reliable reception.
Thanks both - I am near a hill - Camino Altozano and Banderas. I was hoping something like this would work.
post #7444 of 7444 Old Today, 10:32 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
The transition to digital started a few weeks ago in RSM. Five analog channels are showing a "transitioned to digital only format" message:
56 Food Channel
59 E!
67 A&E
69 TV Land
72 Animal Planet
I wonder when the next drop will happen and what will go away then.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception