post #17611 of 17638 Old 10-17-2014, 07:22 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giacomo Siffredi View Post

Aero1, if you don't mind sharing, how did you obtain these screenshots? Are they from MeTV Network?
i found it by googling and it came from this site: http://forum.videohelp.com/threads/3...restore-a-film

OTA | Netflix | Hulu+ | Amazon Prime | MLB.tv & MLS Live with No Blackouts!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17612 of 17638 Old 10-17-2014, 04:42 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quite apart from aspect ratios, what I am struck by in watching the retro stations is how bad the visual quality of mid 1970's videotape was.
post #17613 of 17638 Old 10-17-2014, 08:40 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero 1 View Post
Cozy tv did it right. They are sending a 16:9 480p broadcast since they show some 16:9 programming in SD and when they show 4:3 content, it displays in its OAR. ThisTv and others broadcast in 4:3 480p, that's why you see 4:3 in OAR and movies wrapped in black bars.
I thought that Cozi and ThisTV were 480i and not 480p?
post #17614 of 17638 Old 10-18-2014, 02:10 PM
Advanced Member

Yes, a typo.
post #17615 of 17638 Old 10-19-2014, 08:35 AM

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 0
found out that my troubles with pixelation was not my antenna, was the stb tuner not being efficient as I had thought, swapped out a zenith stb model ddt900 with newer ddt901 stb, I have not seen any breakups in a week, or so point of story is if you're having issues it could be your sucky tuner.
post #17616 of 17638 Old 10-20-2014, 07:54 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddice View Post
Still can't get channel 31.
Ch.31 most of the time gives blue screen, however, more often ION on ch.12-1 (no2,3) gives solid signal
post #17617 of 17638 Old 10-20-2014, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AloEuro View Post
Ch.31 most of the time gives blue screen, however, more often ION on ch.12-1 (no2,3) gives solid signal
Yes, I also have that problem seems like ion on ch31 antenna pattern is pointed westerly. ch12 signal wise is somewhat better here also. I dont watch ion anymore since they don't show wwe any longer. I don't like their programming they glorify cops,fbi f_ck ,em
post #17618 of 17638 Old 10-22-2014, 06:41 AM
Advanced Member

So long CBS+

http://www.cbscorporation.com/news-article.php?id=1100

Quote:
CBS TELEVISION STATIONS AND WEIGEL BROADCASTING UNVEIL PLANS FOR “DECADES,” THE ULTIMATE TV TIME CAPSULE, FOR NATIONAL DISTRIBUTION ACROSS LOCAL STATIONS’ DIGITAL SUBCHANNELS

“Decades” to Feature Vast Library of More Than 100 Television Series,

Plus Theatrical and Made-For-Television Movies

Original Programming to Include “Decades RetrospecticalSM,”

A Daily Topical Show That Will Offer Viewers an Opportunity to Relive, Remember & RelateSM
To Historic Events with Footage From the CBS News and “Entertainment Tonight” Archives

CBS-Owned Television Stations to Serve as Launch Group

NEW YORK and CHICAGO – The CBS Television Stations group, a division of CBS Corporation (NYSE: CBS.A and CBS), and Weigel Broadcasting today announced plans to launch DECADES, a new national entertainment programming service for distribution across local television stations’ digital subchannels – broadcast channels that utilize a local station’s available spectrum to provide a companion to that station’s primary channel. For example, in the New York market, WCBS-TV will continue to be available digitally as Channel 2.1 and DECADES will be available as Channel 2.2. In addition to being available as an over-the-air broadcast channel, DECADES will appear on numerous local cable systems and other multichannel video programming distribution services along with the stations’ primary channels.

Utilizing a library of more than 100 classic television series, including select titles from the CBS library such as I LOVE LUCY from the 1950s, STAR TREK from the 1960s, HAPPY DAYS from the 1970s and CHEERS from the 1980s, as well as a wide selection of theatrical and made-for-television movies and footage of historical news events from the archives of CBS News and ENTERTAINMENT TONIGHT, DECADES will provide viewers with a new way to experience our shared historical and cultural past.

As the ultimate TV time machine, DECADES will differentiate itself from other subchannel programming services by varying the classic series and movies that appear on the network every day.

“DECADES is the most ambitious and creative subchannel programming service that has ever been created,” said Peter Dunn, President, CBS Television Stations. “We are thrilled to partner with Weigel Broadcasting, the leaders in this space, to make smart use of our stations’ spectrums and our companies’ considerable programming assets. This service will be a tremendous new business for CBS and all of the other stations across the country that participate, regardless of their primary network affiliation.”

“DECADES takes the digital broadcast network platform to a new level. Viewers will ‘Relive, Remember & Relate’ to the events that touched their lives and generations past. The events, themes and programming possibilities are endless. We are truly honored to be chosen as the company to develop the CBS Television Stations’ diginet product, and look forward to the launch of DECADES next year,” stated Norman H. Shapiro, President of Weigel.

DECADES will take viewers into a daily time capsule presentation of entertainment, popular culture and news. The service will feature DECADES RETROSPECTICALSM, a daily one-hour program that will be produced around the news events and cultural touchstones of a specific day, week or other time frame or theme. The TV series and movies presented each day will reflect that day’s theme or commemorative event.

For example, DECADES will look back at classic series such as HAPPY DAYS and its “jump the shark” episode, explain its historical significance and then broadcast that episode. Viewers will also be taken back in time to rediscover events that shaped our world, such as the assassination of President John F. Kennedy, Neil Armstrong walking on the moon, the Beatles’ U.S. debut on THE ED SULLIVAN SHOW and the birth of software and technology companies like Microsoft and Apple. DECADES will connect these events to what people were watching on television, seeing at the movies and experiencing as a nation.

DECADES is expected to debut during the second quarter of 2015, with the 16 CBS-owned stations that are part of the CBS Television Network serving as the new service’s launch group. This includes the CBS stations serving New York City (WCBS), Los Angeles (KCBS), Chicago (WBBM), Philadelphia (KYW), Dallas (KTVT), San Francisco (KPIX), Boston (WBZ), Detroit (WWJ), Minneapolis-St. Paul (WCCO and its satellite stations KCCO and KCCW), Miami (WFOR), Denver (KCNC), Sacramento (KOVR), Pittsburgh (KDKA) and Baltimore (WJZ).

Weigel will be responsible for securing affiliation agreements with other stations across the country.

post #17619 of 17638 Old 10-22-2014, 09:07 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Since roseha already indicated "No Signal" on RF 3, I suggested to try channel 3-1 because that would tell her TV/receiver that she was attempting to tune a digital channel as opposed to analog.

From my experience, some TVs - not all - do not properly decipher double-digit minor channels, and instead list each stream chronologically (i.e.: -1, -2, -3, etc.) I am presently using a television that performs in this manner when scanning for Clear QAM cable channels. The TV also displays the OTA streams for WNYW and WWOR-TV interestingly. Here are my lineups for those channels:

WNYW
5-3 (WNYW SD), 5-1 (WNYW HD), 5-2 (Movies!)

WWOR-TV

9-1 (WWOR-TV HD), 9-3 (Bounce), 9-4 (MundoFx), 9-2 (WWOR-TV SD)

Rescanning does not change the orders in which the streams are arranged.

But you are correct that roseha should also try tuning channel 3-10.

That is WPXU-LD Amityville, which effectively acts as a translator for WPXN-TV New York.
Yes, after almost giving up, I tuned 3.10 on my Sony HDTV and got WJLP!! This TV appears to pick up new stations on its own, without me having to rescan. I am getting 68.4 Escape now too. However, my old box TV in another room hooked up to a converter box appears incapable of tuning in 3.10 - it jumps to an empty 3.1. Can anyone tell if it is the converter box or my rabbit ears? I would love to have MeTV on both televisions. (The old TV and converter do pick up Escape.)
post #17620 of 17638 Old 10-22-2014, 10:28 AM

Sounds a lot the same issues I had, yes had. I changed my set top box to a zenith DDT 901 which is was better in handling multipath. In my situation I was using an outdoor antenna, I had constant breakup with pixelation only on METV the other channels were fine. by coincidence I had ddt901 as i was using ddt 900 which is has older tuner, ddt901 is great. I would say your issue is likely the tuner on your stb is having issues. get a used ddt901 from eBay for 20 bucks, I read good reviews on this stb.
post #17621 of 17638 Old 10-22-2014, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhfyagi View Post
Sounds a lot the same issues I had, yes had. I changed my set top box to a zenith DDT 901 which is was better in handling multipath. In my situation I was using an outdoor antenna, I had constant breakup with pixelation only on METV the other channels were fine. by coincidence I had ddt901 as i was using ddt 900 which is has older tuner, ddt901 is great. I would say your issue is likely the tuner on your stb is having issues. get a used ddt901 from eBay for 20 bucks, I read good reviews on this stb.
Quote:
Originally Posted by unsmiley View Post
Yes, after almost giving up, I tuned 3.10 on my Sony HDTV and got WJLP!! This TV appears to pick up new stations on its own, without me having to rescan. I am getting 68.4 Escape now too. However, my old box TV in another room hooked up to a converter box appears incapable of tuning in 3.10 - it jumps to an empty 3.1. Can anyone tell if it is the converter box or my rabbit ears? I would love to have MeTV on both televisions. (The old TV and converter do pick up Escape.)
are you seeing METV 3.10 with breakups? or is not coming in?
post #17622 of 17638 Old 10-22-2014, 02:38 PM

Quote:
are you seeing METV 3.10 with breakups? or is not coming in?
Let me clarify:
(1) On the newer HDTV with built in digital tuner, I seem to get MeTV without major problem. Maybe minimal breakups (I just started viewing it). But:
(2) On the ancient tube TV with converter box, I get nothing. Not even breakups because it does not seem to tune in 3.10. I get blank channels with "Weak Signal" notification at 3.1 (which tuner box labels this CCNL-NY), 3.2 (labeled Buena TV), 3.3 (labeled CTVN), and 3.4 (labeled WBQM-4).
post #17623 of 17638 Old 10-22-2014, 03:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Let me clarify:
(1) On the newer HDTV with built in digital tuner, I seem to get MeTV without major problem. Maybe minimal breakups (I just started viewing it). But:
(2) On the ancient tube TV with converter box, I get nothing. Not even breakups because it does not seem to tune in 3.10. I get blank channels with "Weak Signal" notification at 3.1 (which tuner box labels this CCNL-NY), 3.2 (labeled Buena TV), 3.3 (labeled CTVN), and 3.4 (labeled WBQM-4).
Have you re-scanned all channels on the converter box? I don't think BuenaTV has been on 3.x in at least a year.

And are you using the same antenna on both?

Cheers!
-Doug
post #17624 of 17638 Old 10-22-2014, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstoffa View Post
Have you re-scanned all channels on the converter box? I don't think BuenaTV has been on 3.x in at least a year.

And are you using the same antenna on both?

Cheers!
-Doug
I just rescanned everything (previously I just updated rather than rescan). Now, NO Channel 3's (including subchannels) are detected! If I manually input 3.10 on the remote, it simply "switches" to 3, which is a blank channel. But I am now getting something called GRIT TV, that's new (or maybe I just noticed it).

I am using two, separate cheap rabbit ears on each television.

Last edited by unsmiley; 10-22-2014 at 05:26 PM.
post #17625 of 17638 Old Yesterday, 02:10 AM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Hey unsmiley,
Quote:
Where are you located, and what brands and model numbers are both of your analog to digital converter boxes?

Perhaps the converter box cannot display "3.10" until it receives the PSIP information from the broadcaster. Once the station is received, the "3.1" may change to "3.10" This I why I recently suggested to another OTA viewer who had problems receiving WJLP and has a similar setup to yours to manually enter "3.1"

You should know that her reception problem was satisfactorily resolved with the helpful suggestions from myself and others on this forum.

Quote:
Let me clarify:
Hard to determine the cause of your reception problems without some testing. Based on your post here, the causes could be the tuner or the location of the TV.

What I can confirm is that the four channel 3 subchannels are or were from WBQM-LD. WBQM-LD transmits on UHF channel 50, and last identified with virtual channels 3-1 through 3-4 in November 2013. That being said, it is plausible that the weak signal you were detecting was, in fact, that of WJLP.

Quote:
I just rescanned everything (previously I just updated rather than rescan). Now, NO Channel 3's (including subchannels) are detected! If I manually input 3.10 on the remote, it simply "switches" to 3, which is a blank channel. But I am now getting something called GRIT TV, that's new (or maybe I just noticed it).

I am using two, separate cheap rabbit ears on each television.
The rescan, IMHO, is an overused panacea that rarely resolves reception problems. Local broadcasters, from the small independent station to major market network O&O affiliates, are oftentimes just as guilty as the most well-meaning hobbyist when suggesting that viewers rescan their devices.

The worst example is when a new subchannel is added and the station announces that viewers can obtain it by rescanning. The fact is that MOST new subchannels automatically are added to consumer equipment as soon as they are lit up by the broadcaster, so long as the channel is already added on the consumer equipment.

Receiving VHF-Lo television stations requires extensive patience and a time commitment for plenty of trial-and-error. If a viewer does not have the appropriate attic or rooftop antenna with VHF-Lo elements, that viewer can expect the aforesaid challenges.

MY SUGGESTIONS: I will offer the same suggestion to you as I did two weeks ago to the viewer I referenced above.

Be sure the Rabbit-Ear antenna is securely and snugly connected to the Converter Box. Using the numeric keypad, manually tune the TV/Converter Box to RF 3, 3-1, and/or 3-10. Extend the rabbit-ear elements fully and position the elements so they are parallel to the floor.

It is essential that the converter box is tuned to RF 3 while you are adjusting the antenna. That is the only way you can ascertain in real time whether or not you can obtain a useable signal.

One other thing: It is advisable to wait to try this until the present weather system consisting of rain and wind moves out of the area. The current forecast calls for this to occur late this afternoon.
post #17626 of 17638 Old Yesterday, 10:01 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Send a message via AIM to Trip in VA Send a message via Yahoo to Trip in VA
If WJLP disappears on your receiver in the near future, you may need to rescan and look for it on 33-1.

https://apps.fcc.gov/edocs_public/at...-14-1528A1.pdf

- Trip

N4MJC

Comments are my own and not that of the FCC (my employer) or anyone else.

RabbitEars

"Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand..." - Rush "Witch Hunt"

post #17627 of 17638 Old Yesterday, 11:11 AM
2VW

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip in VA View Post
If WJLP disappears on your receiver in the near future, you may need to rescan and look for it on 33-1.

- Trip
Well at least it isn't 103.1
post #17628 of 17638 Old Yesterday, 12:42 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
This is good. My SD-OTA box picked up 3-10 but my LCD TV's tuner would not, and neither did my PC's tuner. Didn't like the dash 10.
post #17629 of 17638 Old Yesterday, 02:12 PM

Quote:

- Trip
then what happens with cbs, is on 33 now
post #17630 of 17638 Old Yesterday, 02:16 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
then what happens with cbs, is on 33 now
CBS is not on virtual 33, its on RF 33. big difference that you are confusing. WJLP will stay on RF 3 but wants to broadcast on virtual 33.

post #17631 of 17638 Old Yesterday, 03:47 PM

Quote:
CBS is not on virtual 33, its on RF 33. big difference that you are confusing. WJLP will stay on RF 3 but wants to broadcast on virtual 33.
so youre saying if i plug in 3 then it would goto metv, ok got that but it would display 33 on my stb? but i would not be to get metv if i plugged 33 directly, unlike a regular channel. yes no
post #17632 of 17638 Old Yesterday, 05:00 PM

Quote:

- Trip
After my post that served, in part, to criticize rescanning...
Hahaha

As of October 23, 2014 @ 7PM, WJLP continues operations as it has since October 1, 2014 @ 6PM without any modification to PSIP or on-screen branding.

For viewers who already reliably receive WJLP: I strongly believe that if the PSIP channel number is changed from 3-10, you will NOT need to rescan because the channel number should automatically change to whatever number is designated by the station's engineers, pursuant of course to regulatory approval.

I have personally witnessed this several times with WNJU Linden, on the numerous occasions when their PSIP failed to identify as virtual 47-1 and instead revealed RF 36-3. I also experienced it on two rare occasions when the PSIP at WCBS-TV failed to identify as virtual 2-1 and 2-2 and instead revealed RF 33-3 and 33-4.

For viewers who do not yet reliably receive WJLP: If you are attempting to tune into this station, you should still manually enter in channels 3, 3-1, and/or 3-10. DO NOT enter channel 33, as you will likely be redirected to WCBS-TV. If WJLP modifies its PSIP to reflect 33-1, 33-10, 33-100, or whatever, the PSIP will automatically redirect accordingly as soon as you lock in to the station, thus establishing a link between RF 3 and whatever virtual channel number is designated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg2600 View Post
This is good. My SD-OTA box picked up 3-10 but my LCD TV's tuner would not, and neither did my PC's tuner. Didn't like the dash 10.
Greg, are you saying that the only reason your LCD TV and PC tuner did not receive the channel was because of the minor channel designation? Can you absolutely rule out poor signal as a cause?

Quote:
Slight correction, Aero 1: WJLP doesn't want to broadcast on virtual 33, they are being temporarily forced to

I really sympathize with PMCM TV on this one. They are the only broadcast station as a party to these proceedings that has both currently and historically broadcasted on RF channel 3, and yet they are essentially being prohibited from enjoying the branding rights that accompany that birthright.

I have read the entire interim ruling, issued today by the FCC. It should be noted that KYW-TV Philadelphia, to the best of my knowledge, had not initiated any informal or formal objections to any aspect of PMCM TV's operations, and it appears to me that the station has been indirectly brought into the dispute to add muscle to Meredith Corporation's position. It further appears that ION Media and/or the FCC is attempting to recruit the ION affiliate WHPX-TV New London for the same purpose.

ION Media License Company's WPXN-TV New York is only an interested party due to their channel position on ONE major cable system in the New York City metropolitan area, Cablevision. Anyone who has watched this station via Cablevision can verify that at no time does WPXN-TV identify itself as "3", "channel 3", or any variation thereof. Furthermore, the legal call-sign, as broadcast OTA at the TOH, is omitted from the feed delivered by ION to Cablevision's headend. Additionally, WPXN-TV broadcasts no meaningful locally or nationally produced programming that specifically targets important local issues affecting people within New York City or its metropolitan area. In my view, these facts render ION's position in this matter as disingenuous.
post #17633 of 17638 Old Yesterday, 06:57 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
For viewers who already reliably receive WJLP: I strongly believe that if the PSIP channel number is changed from 3-10, you will NOT need to rescan because the channel number should automatically change to whatever number is designated by the station's engineers, pursuant of course to regulatory approval.

I have personally witnessed this several times with WNJU Linden, on the numerous occasions when their PSIP failed to identify as virtual 47-1 and instead revealed RF 36-3. I also experienced it on two rare occasions when the PSIP at WCBS-TV failed to identify as virtual 2-1 and 2-2 and instead revealed RF 33-3 and 33-4.
This is true for some receivers but certainly not all. My parents have a TV which drops an entire station from the lineup, all subchannels, if the PSIP changes or a subchannel is added or removed. I've seen plenty of receivers that don't behave as anticipated.

Quote:
For viewers who do not yet reliably receive WJLP: If you are attempting to tune into this station, you should still manually enter in channels 3, 3-1, and/or 3-10. DO NOT enter channel 33, as you will likely be redirected to WCBS-TV. If WJLP modifies its PSIP to reflect 33-1, 33-10, 33-100, or whatever, the PSIP will automatically redirect accordingly as soon as you lock in to the station, thus establishing a link between RF 3 and whatever virtual channel number is designated.
Not all TVs allow you to directly tune. My Samsung TVs do not allow direct tuning. So, again, you probably shouldn't generalize your TV experiences to everyone.

Quote:
Greg, are you saying that the only reason your LCD TV and PC tuner did not receive the channel was because of the minor channel designation? Can you absolutely rule out poor signal as a cause?
I can't answer for Greg, but I've definitely seen TVs that don't handle odd channel layouts. I own a 7 inch TV that would not scan in WAHU-CD in Charlottesville which has a 27-1, 27-2, and 19-2.

- Trip

N4MJC

RabbitEars

post #17634 of 17638 Old Yesterday, 07:35 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Can't rule it out. On my PC, I normally use Windows Media Center, and that at least will find all the local low power stations. They don't come in, and will show one bar on the signal strength. This channel isn't found at all. It's so strange because like I said, the Insignia SD box in the next room over picked it up no problem.
post #17635 of 17638 Old Yesterday, 10:00 PM

Hey Trip,
Quote:
This is true for some receivers but certainly not all. My parents have a TV which drops an entire station from the lineup, all subchannels, if the PSIP changes or a subchannel is added or removed. I've seen plenty of receivers that don't behave as anticipated.

{quoted text}

Not all TVs allow you to directly tune. My Samsung TVs do not allow direct tuning. So, again, you probably shouldn't generalize your TV experiences to everyone.

{quoted text}

I can't answer for Greg, but I've definitely seen TVs that don't handle odd channel layouts. I own a 7 inch TV that would not scan in WAHU-CD in Charlottesville which has a 27-1, 27-2, and 19-2.

- Trip
All good points here. I agree that there is not a "one size fits all" solution to deal with PSIP or channel lineup changes. My suggestions were based on the majority of experiences I have encountered and, as with all other advice preferred, should not be inferred to be the only or ultimate solution to any specific issue encountered by a viewer.

I think the tricky part in this situation is that for the majority of viewers using indoor antennas to receive WJLP, a full-power VHF-Lo signal, there may or may not be certain "sweet spots" that can only be found by having the TV tuner or digital-to-analog STB already tuned to RF 3 in order to determine whether adjusting or relocating the indoor antenna will realize a passable or usable signal.

Let's consider, as an example, a viewer who is using a TV or STB that does not have the ability to manually tune a station: That viewer - we'll call him "Tom" because "Dick" and "Harry" could run afoul of FCC decency standards - presumably connects the antenna and scans for all available stations. In the first scan, the antenna is not positioned optimally for this signal (unbeknownst to Tom) and the scan misses WJLP. Tom then readjusts the antenna, rescans, and not only again misses WJLP, but loses channels previously added because the antenna is now repositioned less favorably for Tom's viewing area. So far, Tom has performed two unsuccessful scans, and is presumably nowhere near achieving his original goal which was to simply add RF 3 to his current DTV lineup. As I see it, Tom is exhausting significant valuable time in this scenario, and there SHOULD be a better way for him to achieve his very reasonable goal.

Because the FCC and the federal government did not establish consumer-friendly universal selectivity and tuning standards for all TV tuners and STBs sold within the borders of the U.S.A., Tom will be forced to either endure this time-consuming ritual each time a TV station objects to PMCM TV's virtual channel number and each time PMCM TV or any other broadcast station adds or modifies its TVCT. Tom's only alternate option, should he wish to continue being an OTA viewer, is to obtain a new or different TV or STB and hope that the new device will be more consumer-friendly by way of its tuner.

The All-Channel Receiver Act of 1962 is perhaps the best example of an appropriate response by the federal government to a situation in which television viewers were being deprived of the ability to receive many new channels, and to that end it exceeded its goal.

While the Act does not provide for the tuning selectivity criteria I eluded to in the prior paragraph, it does mandate that all tuners (excepting M/H devices) have to receive all available channels. The tuners manufactured today are compliant, but there is no mandated provision for consumers to have the same level of control they enjoyed in the Analog era. The fate of that seems to have been abdicated by the FCC and shifted to set manufacturers, each of which take a different approach to tuner design.

Regarding odd channel layouts: I am presently using an LCD television that displays the OTA streams for WNYW and WWOR-TV interestingly. Here are my lineups for those channels:

WNYW
5-3 (WNYW SD), 5-1 (WNYW HD), 5-2 (Movies!)

WWOR-TV

9-1 (WWOR-TV HD), 9-3 (Bounce), 9-4 (MundoFx), 9-2 (WWOR-TV SD)

Rescanning does not change the orders in which the streams are arranged.
post #17636 of 17638 Old Today, 04:31 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Interesting. In that case you provide, it's putting the RF38 channels before the RF44 channels, and THEN sorting by virtual channel number.

- Trip

N4MJC

RabbitEars

post #17637 of 17638 Old Today, 05:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Location: Randolph, NJ, 725' above sea level, 30 miles west of ESB
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 114
My Interesting Experience,

I have 2 antennas outside. One UHF only and one only Hi VHF. Yesterday when I turned my DTVPAL DVR on it immediately displayed that it added 3.10 to the station line up. However when I tried to go to that station nothing showed up....no reception.

So I then checked my Samsung TV tuner and my DVR+ tuners to see if they pulled in 3.10 and nothing.

Must have been an anomaly due to tropospheric ducting with the recent weather that the DTVPAL DVR tuner picked up 3.10 even though I don't have a low VHF antenna.

Last edited by LenL; Today at 06:02 AM.
post #17638 of 17638 Old Today, 02:00 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
so youre saying if i plug in 3 then it would goto metv, ok got that but it would display 33 on my stb? but i would not be to get metv if i plugged 33 directly, unlike a regular channel. yes no
i dont know what would happen if you enter 3 where it would go on your equipment. I have never own anything or seen anything new that will tune the actual RF channel, only the virtual. I keep noticing that this forum is full of people who have old equipment so i guess its possible that you are one of those and have a box that can tune the RF channel. if WJLP moved to virtual 33.1 then you would enter 33.1 even though they remain on RF 3. Right now, in my case, i enter 3.10.

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page