33Likes

post #17851 of 17856 Old 12-12-2014, 03:59 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Send a message via AIM to Trip in VA Send a message via Yahoo to Trip in VA
I've never worked for Weigel. I used to work for Luken, parent company of Retro TV, Rev'n, etc., but now work for the FCC, as noted in my signature, and have for more than 18 months now.

- Trip

N4MJC

Comments are my own and not that of the FCC (my employer) or anyone else.

RabbitEars

"Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand..." - Rush "Witch Hunt"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17852 of 17856 Old 12-12-2014, 02:04 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by uhfyagi View Post
which preamp do you have, I trade you for it.
sure would be nice if I could PM you...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

like I said, it's a cheap one.
post #17853 of 17856 Old 12-12-2014, 08:00 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip in VA View Post
I've never worked for Weigel. I used to work for Luken, parent company of Retro TV, Rev'n, etc., but now work for the FCC, as noted in my signature, and have for more than 18 months now.

- Trip
cool years back I was stationed at Quantico, va. I use commute from fairfax to Richmond va. nice backdrop great memories.

Last edited by uhfyagi; 12-12-2014 at 08:17 PM.
post #17854 of 17856 Old 12-12-2014, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frysk View Post
sure would be nice if I could PM you...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

like I said, it's a cheap one.
go ahead pm me.
post #17855 of 17856 Old Today, 08:29 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giacomo Siffredi View Post
WKOB-LD Charts Course For Rev'n, Then U-Turns To Retro TV

Nave Communication LLC's WKOB-LD New York (RF Channel 2/Virtual Channel 42) must compare notes with Santa Claus as both seem to bring gifts each December. This year, New York City market OTA viewers will find a new present from WKOB-LD: A brand new subchannel.

For the first time since it's inception as a digital TV station back in 2010, WKOB-LD has launched a seventh subchannel, virtual channel 42-7. The new subchannel was lit up by Nave on December 1, 2014 in order to accommodate Luken Communications new OTA diginet, Rev'n, which was launched at 4:57PM EDT. on that same day. Accordingly, the TVCT channel name on virtual channel 42-7 was "Rev'n". Rev'n is a theme network geared for the automobile enthusiast and includes programs focused on cars, trucks, motorcycles, boats, ATVs, snowmobiles, events, auctions and more.

But nine days later, on December 9, 2014, WKOB-LD charted a new course by taking a u-turn which took the station back in time, much like the "Doctor" from the planet of Gallifrey. At some point during that day, Nave discontinued the Rev'n affiliation on WKOB-LD and replaced it with Retro TV. Accordingly, the TVCT channel name on virtual channel 42-7 is now "Retro".

Retro TV returns to the WKOB-LD lineup following a three-year absence. It's prior incarnation, as Retro Television Network (RTV), ended with WKOB-LD pulling the station on September 26, 2011. Throughout the first time it was carried on WKOB-LD, the retransmitted signal suffered from intermittent aural and color distortion issues which were isolated to the feed WKOB-LD received from RTV. This interference presented a challenging and often frustrating viewing experience to many fans who resoundingly welcomed the news that RTV, a classic TV network whose distribution consists largely of over-the-air digital subchannels, would be available to viewers in and around New York City. Prior to the discontinuance, RTV had also lost access to the NBC/Universal library, which resulted in many popular shows being removed and replaced with recent programming that deviated from the classic TV theme.

During the past three years, RTV has went through several positive changes, including a rebranding as Retro TV and the acquisition of some popular movie and TV shows, some of which are described as cult classics, including Doctor Who and Mystery Science Theater 3000.

The WKOB-LD broadcast signal unfortunately remains a challenge. The presently authorized 300 watts over VHF-Lo RF channel 2 allows for nearly all interference to wreck the usable signal. While it would be interesting to see whether increasing the ERP at this facility would improve the signal, Nave has a more ambitious plan: Relocating the signal to West Orange, NJ., moving to UHF RF channel 42, and increasing the ERP five-fold to 2,500 watts. The station has recently filed for an extension of its construction permit to build this facility, said extension having been approved by the FCC. The build-out is now expected to be completed within the first half of 2015.

Meanwhile, the lineup at WKOB-LD remains stable. The primary channel leads off the lineup with an EBR Test Pattern, and is labeled "WKOB-LD" via the TVCT. Religious programming remains prominent on the channel via Daystar, Peace TV, Guide US TV, and Sonlife Broadcasting Network. And OnTV4U provides the Hispanic audience with a unique service in this market: Infomercials en espaƱol.

With the addition of Retro TV on WKOB-LD, the New York City market now has access to every major classic TV diginet.

See other WKOB-LD related topics:

Soul of the South Television Debuts on WKOB-LD New York
WKOB-LD LAUNCHES TWO MORE SUBCHANNELS
HOT TV Network returns to WKOB-LD 42.3
TELOS ALTERNATIVE HEALTH NETWORK NOW AVAILABLE IN NEW YORK CITY
MUNDO HISPANO TV (MHTV) RETURNS TO NYC TV AIRWAVES
RTV LOSES NEW YORK CITY AFFILIATE, LOCAL CLASSIC MOVIE STATION LAUNCHED
Should I be able to pick this up in Manhattan? I cannot seem to tune anything on Channel 42 or 42-7, only getting "Weak signal" message.
post #17856 of 17856 Old Today, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsmiley View Post
Should I be able to pick this up in Manhattan? I cannot seem to tune anything on Channel 42 or 42-7, only getting "Weak signal" message.
we dont get heroes and icons channel sister station to metv. has better and way cooler lineup.

http://tvclassicsrus.blogspot.com/2014/09/new-diginet-heroes-icons-h.html
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception