post #17881 of 17905 Old 01-17-2015, 04:11 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Send a message via AIM to Trip in VA Send a message via Yahoo to Trip in VA
http://titantvguide.titantv.com/apg/...x?siteid=50516

Decades replaced the TouchVision programming on 58.4, so you can use that to get the Decades listing.

- Trip

N4MJC

Comments are my own and not that of the FCC (my employer) or anyone else.

RabbitEars

"Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand..." - Rush "Witch Hunt"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17882 of 17905 Old 01-17-2015, 07:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Location: Randolph, NJ, 725' above sea level, 30 miles west of ESB
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Does anyone know where I can get an old CRT black and white screen TV so I can properly enjoy Decades TV in the way it was intended?
post #17883 of 17905 Old 01-17-2015, 07:58 AM

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Len I have 32" rca colortrak that I want to give away is workin good.
post #17884 of 17905 Old 01-17-2015, 08:31 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Official website and their "Binge" schedule all the way until the official launch in May has been released.

http://decades.com/

http://decades.com/file/DECADES_BINGE_Calendar.pdf

OTA | Netflix | Hulu+ | Amazon Prime | NBA via Ballstreams, MLB.tv & MLS Live with No Blackouts!
post #17885 of 17905 Old 01-17-2015, 11:39 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip in VA View Post
http://titantvguide.titantv.com/apg/...x?siteid=50516

Decades replaced the TouchVision programming on 58.4, so you can use that to get the Decades listing.

- Trip
Thanks Trip, I just saw the New York City listings on Titan TV. Get Smart Marathon starts Jan. 25.

Thanks for the calendar Aero.

Last edited by roseha; 01-17-2015 at 11:42 AM. Reason: Saw Aero's post
post #17886 of 17905 Old 01-17-2015, 02:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhfyagi View Post
Len I have 32" rca colortrak that I want to give away is workin good.
Thanks but that is too state of the art to watch Decades TV. I need a black and white set made in the early 50s.
post #17887 of 17905 Old 01-17-2015, 05:09 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 298 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by LenL View Post
Thanks but that is too state of the art to watch Decades TV. I need a black and white set made in the early 50s.
May I suggest the DuMont Royal Sovereign (1951 model)? 30 inches.

http://www.earlytelevision.org/ameri...twar.html#sets

Last edited by veedon; 01-17-2015 at 05:14 PM.
post #17888 of 17905 Old 01-18-2015, 03:00 AM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by veedon View Post
May I suggest the DuMont Royal Sovereign (1951 model)? 30 inches.

http://www.earlytelevision.org/ameri...twar.html#sets
That is a good quality television set, veedon. But I couldn't find that model at Walmart or any brick-and-mortar retail electronics stores. Not even in clearance So I'll check out Amazon.com and if I don't find it there, I'll visit eBay

Quote:
Originally Posted by wndhh1 View Post
This is fill programming until the hard launch later 2nd quarter.
This soft launch will be one of the longest in television as its duration shall be 130 days.

However, for those viewing the station over WCBS-TV New York, please take note of the following: PSIP TVCT had displayed the channel name as CBS NY+ on virtual channel 2-2 up until approximately 4AM. But apparently technical work is ongoing over at WCBS-TV this late Saturday night/early Sunday morning, and said work has resulted in the name being changed to DECADES just before 4AM.

Moreover - and for the sake of historical accuracy - it should be documented that just after the 3AM EDT. station ID on January 18, 2015, the CBS New York Plus information text panels and scroll appeared on-screen, minimizing the "DECADES PRELAUNCH PROGRAMMING" screen to the typical CBS NY+ upper-left window, for just under sixty seconds. Given the fact that the TVCT reflected the channel name as CBS NY+ during this transmission, it could be technically argued that the final broadcast of that news and information service aired at that time.

As of 4AM EDT. on January 18, 2015, the technical specs for this stream are as follows: WCBS-TV broadcasts a static 480i SD stream with active audio and video content over RF Channel 33-2/Virtual Channel 2-2. DECADES is the TVCT channel short-name. Language is English. Time and program guide information are accurate. DECADES appears as the current program, "DECADES PRELAUNCH PROGRAMMING" is the subject. It is a 60 minute looping program beginning at the top of each hour.
nyctveng likes this.
post #17889 of 17905 Old 01-18-2015, 07:47 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Are you kidding me?

Aero 1 09:19 AM Yesterday Decades TV launched this morning on 2.2. They are showing the Millionaire in what they call "The Series Binge" Marathon.

The good news: They got the Aspect Ratio correct! for now.

LenL 10:07 AM Yesterday

Boo to decades TV. Nothing is worse than watching old grainy black and white shows on a state of the art LED TV. I wish they kept the news programming and did a better job of making it current!

wndhh1 04:31 PM Yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by LenL
Boo to decades TV. Nothing is worse than watching old grainy black and white shows on a state of the art LED TV. I wish they kept the news programming and did a better job of making it current!

This is fill programming until the hard launch later 2nd quarter.

roseha 12:33 AM Today

Does anyone have a link to the Decades schedule? They aren't really going to run The Millionaire all week, are they?

unclehonkey 12:47 AM Today

================================================== ================================================== ==

To those who are complaining about the Millionaire, all I can say is that you have many alternatives and if you don't care for this show you should find a some other channel to entertain you. I've been looking for the Millionaire, on DVD or TV for years. This is fantastic news for me that finally I can watch and record episodes of this classic show. It ran for years on CBS and pops up rarely any longer. I found out about this marathon only after receiving an e-mail when I awoke this morning. Unfortunately the channel isn't available on FIOS where I could record the show onto DVR, so I am recording it on my DVD recorder in 8 hour mode, while I'm at work. They did say that following the Millionaire binge they'd be running a Mothers In Law binge. I finally found the schedule. http://decades.com/file/DECADES_BINGE_Calendar.pdf

Last edited by RF Burns; 01-20-2015 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Schedule found
post #17890 of 17905 Old 01-18-2015, 10:32 AM
Advanced Member

Decades is soft launching with The Binge, huh?
Will they follow that with The Purge, telecasts of Senator Joe McCarthy?

Seriously, though, Decades could be an interesting channel.
Bill Kurtis from Chicago will be doing one of their series.
post #17891 of 17905 Old 01-18-2015, 06:34 PM
Advanced Member

Another one coming April 15th. So much for the hope of live well going off the air and the hope of abc picture quality improvement.

Laff: http://www.laff.com

Exclusive: Comedy Multicast Net Launching on ABC, Scripps

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/new...scripps/137199

Quote:
Exclusive: Comedy Multicast Net Launching on ABC, Scripps

The TV stations owned by ABC and E.W. Scripps Co. plan to carry a new multicast comedy network being launched by Katz Broadcasting on April 15.

The new multicast network, called LAFF, already claims coverage of 35% of the country.

The ABC stations plan to continue to air the Live Well multicast network. ABC said it would stop producing new episodes of Live Well programming and will no longer syndicate the network to other station groups, such as Scripps.

ABC said that until LAFF launches in April, its stations will carry Live Well on both its D2 and D3 digital signals. When LAFF launches, it will air on the stations D3 channel. Live Well will remain on the D2 channels.

LAFF is aimed at adults 18-49, with a linear network carried by broadcast stations and cable systems, plus digital content at LAFF.com and a LAFF app.

Katz Broadcasting previously has launched several multicast networks. It has Grit, aimed at men, and Escape aimed at women. Its CEO, Jonathan Katz, is also COO of Bounce TV, the broadcast network aimed at African-American viewers.

Like streaming, multicast TV appears to be growing at a time when pay TV subscriptions are declining. Homes with broadband but no cable are up, as are broadcast only homes.

“In launching three television networks within ten months, we are clearly very bullish on the renaissance of free broadcast television,” Katz said in a statement. “This burgeoning new broadcast ecosystem resembles the early days of basic cable, expanding to offer viewers diverse new choices and complementing the growing number of over-the-top subscription services.”

While a lot of older sitcoms air on classic TV multicast networks LAFF intends to have more contemporary content, the company said.

"LAFF will be an excellent addition to our subchannel lineup," Rebecca Campbell, president of the ABC Owned Television Station Group, said. "We are also committed to keeping Live Well Network up and running in our own markets, so that we can continue to provide unique local programming and pursue corporate synergy opportunities."

The ABC Owned Television Stations will carry LAFF in New York (WABC-TV), Los Angeles (KABC-TV), Chicago (WLS-TV), Philadelphia (WPVI-TV), San Francisco (KGO-TV), Houston (KTRK-TV), Raleigh (WTVD-TV) and Fresno (KFSN-TV).

E.W. Scripps Co. will launch LAFF on its stations in Detroit (WXYZ-TV), Phoenix (KNXV-TV), Tampa (WFTS-TV), Denver (KMGH-TV), Cleveland (WEWS-TV), Indianapolis (WRTV-TV), Baltimore (WMAR-TV), San Diego (KGTV-TV), Kansas City (KSHB-TV), Cincinnati (WCPO-TV), West Palm Beach (WPTV-TV), Buffalo (WKBW-TV) and Tulsa (KJRH-TV).

“The ABC Owned Television Stations and E.W. Scripps Company stations are among the strongest players in their DMAs, which include the biggest markets in the country. We are thrilled and proud to have these two preeminent groups as our charter distribution partners for LAFF,” added Katz Broadcasting chief distribution officer Jeffrey Wolf. “We look forward to welcoming more station groups to the LAFF family.”

ABC launched Live Well six years ago, featuring original programs about cooking, shelter and fitness. ABC previously said it would go dark this month on affiliate stations, but that it planned to continue to air the shows on its owned stations, with no new episodes being produced.

In its heyday, Live Well aired about a dozen half-hours of original programming daily and was carried in 64% of the country. But classic TV series on multicast networks like Me-TV turned out to be tough competition.

Gannett, which had carried Live Well previously agreed to carry the Justice Network, a new service from Lonnie Cooper, another founder of Bounce TV. Justice Network is run by three senior TV execs, former Nat Geo exec Steve Schiffman, former Discovery exec John Ford, and former NBCUniversal exec Barry Wallach.

Last edited by Aero 1; 01-18-2015 at 06:51 PM.
post #17892 of 17905 Old 01-18-2015, 09:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero 1 View Post
Another one coming April 15th. So much for the hope of live well going off the air and the hope of abc picture quality improvement.
What does all that jazz about "corporate synergy opportunities" mean?
Does ABC plan to breathe new life into LWN eventually, but just doesn't know what its plans are yet? Or will LWN just be a zombie, repeating the same episodes over and over because nothing new is being produced or purchased?
post #17893 of 17905 Old 01-19-2015, 05:41 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Send a message via AIM to Trip in VA Send a message via Yahoo to Trip in VA
I would guess it's the latter.

- Trip

N4MJC

Comments are my own and not that of the FCC (my employer) or anyone else.

RabbitEars

"Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand..." - Rush "Witch Hunt"

post #17894 of 17905 Old 01-19-2015, 06:37 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
What does all that jazz about "corporate synergy opportunities" mean?
Does ABC plan to breathe new life into LWN eventually, but just doesn't know what its plans are yet? Or will LWN just be a zombie, repeating the same episodes over and over because nothing new is being produced or purchased?
It seems like it is being used as a place holder. All the current cable systems that carry ABC and their 2 current LWN subchannels will continue to carry whatever ABC programs on them. It will cost virtually nothing to continue to run old content over and over. Down the road it may be replaced with something different.
post #17895 of 17905 Old 01-19-2015, 02:59 PM

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Been having some issues with my ota the last few days where it gets staticy every 30 seconds or so. I leave in Astoria Queens. Anyone else having issues lately?
post #17896 of 17905 Old 01-20-2015, 09:47 AM
Advanced Member

And another one coming......an all game shows channel

http://www.tvnewscheck.com/article/8...A6HWw.facebook

Fox O&Os Game For Latest Diginet: Buzzr TV

The new multicast network from FremantleMedia North America and Debmar-Mercury will feature iconic game shows. It’s set for a summer launch.

Quote:
Fox Television Stations has acquired rights to new multicast network Buzzr TV from FremantleMedia North America (FMNA) and Debmar-Mercury.

Buzzr TV will showcase FremantleMedia’s library of game show content in all 17 Fox O&O markets, including nine out of the top 10, and 14 out of the top 20 DMAs.

Thom Beers, CEO of FremantleMedia North America, has made launching this channel a top priority, he said. “FremantleMedia has consistently been the leader in the game show space, with long-running and more-popular-than-ever titles such as Family Feud and The Price is Right. When I joined the company two years ago, it became instantly clear that there was a huge opportunity for us to not only be a producer in the space, but also a programmer.

“We are thrilled to have Fox, one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, as our launch partner on Buzzr TV. Jack Abernethy and Frank Cicha’s enthusiasm for both the channel and our product was clear from the get-go, and we look forward to bringing this beloved genre to viewers across the country,” Beers added.

Frank Cicha, SVP of programming for Fox Television Stations, said: “Buzzr will be a great addition to our D2 portfolio. The possibilities to have fun creatively, and to make it fun for the viewer, are endless. And in a D2 landscape this competitive, the ability to control your own product is a big plus. FremantleMedia can certainly do that.”

Debmar-Mercury, which brokered the Buzzr TV deal on behalf of FMNA, will conduct meetings with FMNA and other major station groups at NATPE to expand the multicast network’s footprint.

“There is nothing else like Buzzr TV,” said Ira Bernstein and Mort Marcus, co-presidents of Lionsgate-owned Debmar-Mercury. “It will be the only game show network operating in the digital multicast universe, providing stations with a highly marketable asset. We believe the depth of the FremantleMedia library will allow the network to secure its future, offering viewers a proven, quality and unique alternative to other digital channels.”

FremantleMedia is the owner of a game show library with more than 40,000 episodes of game shows of yesterday and today. Iconic titles that will be featured when the channel launches include Family Feud, featuring hosts Richard Dawson, Ray Combs, Louis Anderson, Richard Karn and John O’Hurley; Let’s Make a Deal, featuring host Monty Hall; as well as famed titles To Tell the Truth, Password, Match Game, Beat the Clock, What’s My Line, Blockbusters and Card Sharks.

OTA | Netflix | Hulu+ | Amazon Prime | NBA via Ballstreams, MLB.tv & MLS Live with No Blackouts!
post #17897 of 17905 Old 01-20-2015, 05:20 PM
Advanced Member

"Match Game" is swell, but without "The Gong Show", there's really nothing to dance about.
post #17898 of 17905 Old 01-21-2015, 07:16 AM
AVS Special Member

They need to put Howdie Doody, Buster Brown, and Captain Kangeroo on Decades. Then I need to get an old Philco or Emerson B&W TV so I can watch these old shows with my grandson. Then he can grow up to be instilled with the same TV education and values as his old fart grandpa!
post #17899 of 17905 Old 01-21-2015, 07:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Vincent Praino View Post
Been having some issues with my ota the last few days where it gets staticy every 30 seconds or so. I leave in Astoria Queens. Anyone else having issues lately?

PIX 11 has been a problem for me. Usually I can get 13.1 and 11.1 with the same quality but lately I can get 13.1 and not 11.1.
post #17900 of 17905 Old 01-21-2015, 05:46 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LenL View Post
They need to put ... Captain Kangaroo on Decades. Then I need to get an old Philco or Emerson B&W TV so I can watch these old shows with my grandson. Then he can grow up to be instilled with the same TV education and values as his old fart grandpa!
Hide your carrots, and beware of knock-knock jokes that lead to a shower of ping-pong balls.
post #17901 of 17905 Old 01-21-2015, 07:16 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
"Match Game" is swell, but without "The Gong Show", there's really nothing to dance about.
I agree. Love the Unknown Comic. And Chuck Barris lines like: "Gee, I loved your act. But then again I like soiled sheets."
post #17902 of 17905 Old 01-21-2015, 07:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by unsmiley View Post
I agree. Love the Unknown Comic. And Chuck Barris lines like: "Gee, I loved your act. But then again I like soiled sheets."
I miss the Gong Show. The problem airing it is getting clearance to air it. Everyone who owns any rights to the songs performed demand more money than can be gained by airing the program...
post #17903 of 17905 Unread Today, 05:00 AM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Technical Difficulties on WCBS-DT2 New York

While watching WCBS-DT2 New York ("DECADES") on January 24, 2015 at approximately 2AM, the retransmitted signal began experiencing significant disruptions. The video often macro-blocked, so much to the point where the images would freeze and morph into a nearly 100% green still-frame and the audio would cease altogether. At some points, the entire signal cut-out completely. Presumably, this is weather related given the fact that the New York City metropolitan area is presently experiencing winter conditions in the form of heavy-moisture composite snow.

Apparently, the retransmitted signal was entirely disrupted, and currently, WCBS-TV main programming is being simulcast over the stream. All other PSIP elements of the stream remain unchanged. Apparently, during the occasions when the Decades programming is interrupted, the retransmitted signal will switchover to the same programming as is broadcast over the main stream.

A workable solution, certainly. But this begs the real question: How vulnerable is the Decades originating signal? For all intents and purposes, the NYC metropolitan area is not experiencing a significant storm; In fact, some would argue that this weather event can be described as a mere audition of a NYC winter event.

As of 7AM EDT., the stream remains in simulcast mode, as it has been continuously for the past five hours. And the "Series Binge" appears to have been purged by CBS major-market key-station WCBS-TV New York.
post #17904 of 17905 Unread Today, 06:59 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 58
I don't know where the uplink is but obviously the vulnerable points are at the uplink and downlink and either or both got hit with snow overnight with no personnel to sweep dishes. Being that it's a new channel with no cable carriage at the moment, it would be hard to justify sending someone to clear the snow in the dark for the hand full of viewers. Down the road as cable carriage and viewership picks up, a redundant signal path could/should be in place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giacomo Siffredi View Post
While watching WCBS-DT2 New York ("DECADES") on January 24, 2015 at approximately 2AM, the retransmitted signal began experiencing significant disruptions. The video often macro-blocked, so much to the point where the images would freeze and morph into a nearly 100% green still-frame and the audio would cease altogether. At some points, the entire signal cut-out completely. Presumably, this is weather related given the fact that the New York City metropolitan area is presently experiencing winter conditions in the form of heavy-moisture composite snow.

Apparently, the retransmitted signal was entirely disrupted, and currently, WCBS-TV main programming is being simulcast over the stream. All other PSIP elements of the stream remain unchanged. Apparently, during the occasions when the Decades programming is interrupted, the retransmitted signal will switchover to the same programming as is broadcast over the main stream.

A workable solution, certainly. But this begs the real question: How vulnerable is the Decades originating signal? For all intents and purposes, the NYC metropolitan area is not experiencing a significant storm; In fact, some would argue that this weather event can be described as a mere audition of a NYC winter event.

As of 7AM EDT., the stream remains in simulcast mode, as it has been continuously for the past five hours. And the "Series Binge" appears to have been purged by CBS major-market key-station WCBS-TV New York.

Last edited by nyctveng; Today at 07:08 AM.
post #17905 of 17905 Unread Today, 11:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giacomo Siffredi View Post
Back up now.

My love is bigger than your love. Sing it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page