New York, NY - OTA - Page 602 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 54Likes

post #18031 of 18035 Old 04-25-2015, 01:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulFrancis View Post
I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I'm enjoying Decades in its current format. The "countdown" really isn't necessary. Just keep showing these programs in big blocks.
I was thinking the same thing. I'm sure that CBS & Weigel with their professional broadcasting experiences and vast libraries have a good solid plan for DECADES, but the present stunting format is certainly unique to the television landscape. FWIW, I've been watching several of the Series Binges, and like the presentation.

I'm not sure, at present, this format would attract national advertisers and thus would have to be sustained primarily from P.I. advertising, but that reality is true for many of the new diginets. Me-TV, owned entirely by Weigel, seems to be one of the few broadcast diginets which have gained the attention and revenues from national sponsors.

As to DECADES, the diginet is starting to promote its new series "Through The Decades" hosted by Bill Curtis which will launch on May 25, 2015. The diginet is also presently re-airing "The Millionaire" Series Binge, which began this afternoon at 2PM, although I am not certain as to why, whether every episode will be aired, or whether the episodes will air in the same order as they did back in January 2015. The revised schedule also indicates that "Family Affair", "The Phil Silvers Show", "Love American Style", and "Route 66" are all scheduled to re-air.

The remaining Series Binges scheduled are "Dark Shadows" starting on May 13, "The Twilight Zone" starting on May 16, and "The Fugitive" starting on May 20, 2015. Following "The Fugitive" Series Binge, DECADES will officially launch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #18032 of 18035 Old 04-25-2015, 03:04 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 10
You Guys Are Lucky

You guys are so lucky down there to have all these new channels.

Up here in the Albany area, out of all the new diginets available, the only ones we have are MeTV, Antenna TV, ThisTV and Grit. I guess it pays to be in a top 10 market where your regular affiliates are all network owned.

Oh yes...and we STILL have LiveWell (but not Laff).

Just be thankful you are where you are!
post #18033 of 18035 Old Yesterday, 01:37 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 7
I only watch metv once in awhile, true about many stations to choose, but not that much there to see, are you a cord cutter? I stream mostly, pretty sure everyone does now.
post #18034 of 18035 Old Yesterday, 05:31 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by uhfyagi View Post
I only watch metv once in awhile, true about many stations to choose, but not that much there to see, are you a cord cutter? I stream mostly, pretty sure everyone does now.
Despite that the world of entertainment is changing rapidly, my viewing habits haven't altered much. I still watch TV...ON TV. Streaming hasn't become second nature to me yet.
post #18035 of 18035 Old Today, 04:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Location: Randolph, NJ, 725' above sea level, 30 miles west of ESB
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 161
I still watch TV on TV too. Although I do take out DVDs from my local library when the summer reruns come on and we catch up on the movies that came out during 2014 and 2015 and also watch shows like Game of Thrones, Boardwalk Empire etc.

My Samsung TV is a smart TV and I can get Netflix, HULU and many other providers and pay to watch movies and shows but why bother when I can get them for free from my local library.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception