New York, NY - OTA - Page 606 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!


Forum Jump: 
 66Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #18151 of 18158 Old 06-26-2015, 08:05 PM
ALP
Member
 
ALP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pleasantville, NY
Posts: 164
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobrain View Post
installed a rca yagi the other day. http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...8230e753637b97

i can get 100 signal on nbc and abc. was running on old satellite coax was getting 86% on nbc and 100% on abc. tried a new coax and got 100% on nbc and still nothing on fox.

isnt hte fox broadcast from similar site? slighlty weaker signal but my tv is saying poor signal and doesnt even give me a percentage.

also on nbc, the audio drops out on commercials. i was running tos from the tv to my receiver. i just switched it over to rca so instead of the drop outs its just buzzing during the commercials.
Where are you located and what type of antenna do you have?

Tony Plachy
ALP is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #18152 of 18158 Old 06-27-2015, 10:10 AM
Member
 
n2ubp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Wawayanda NY USA
Posts: 92
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobrain View Post
installed a rca yagi the other day. http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...8230e753637b97

i can get 100 signal on nbc and abc. was running on old satellite coax was getting 86% on nbc and 100% on abc. tried a new coax and got 100% on nbc and still nothing on fox.

isnt hte fox broadcast from similar site? slighlty weaker signal but my tv is saying poor signal and doesnt even give me a percentage.

also on nbc, the audio drops out on commercials. i was running tos from the tv to my receiver. i just switched it over to rca so instead of the drop outs its just buzzing during the commercials.
I think Fox is at the same site but different antenna setup.
n2ubp is offline  
post #18153 of 18158 Old 06-27-2015, 01:39 PM
Member
 
twobrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 26
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALP View Post
Where are you located and what type of antenna do you have?
Rca yagi and 07950. 26miles west of the broadcast
twobrain is offline  
post #18154 of 18158 Old 06-30-2015, 07:25 AM
Advanced Member
 
Aero 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Totowa, NJ
Posts: 806
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked: 101
There are no Sinclair sations in nyc correct? this would be a nice addition.


http://www.tvnewscheck.com/article/8...-scifi-diginet

Quote:
MGM, Sinclair To Debut Sci*Fi Diginet

By Kevin Downey

TVNewsCheck, June 29, 2015 3:14 PM EDT

MGM and Sinclair Television Group this fall will launch a digital over*the*air network with science*fiction
programming from the MGM library such as Dead Like Me and Stargate.
The not*yet*named channel is so far cleared on stations reaching 30% of U.S. television homes with more
expected to be announced.
MGM will program the network.
“We are excited to be partnering with MGM on the launch of the first*ever science fiction multi*channel
network,” said David Amy, COO of Sinclair Broadcast Group, in a statement. “MGM has an extensive
collection of science fiction films and television movies that appeal to a vast audience who will now be able
to access that content through broadcast television.”

Cord Cutter | OTA - NYC DMA - TiVo Roamio - 3 TiVo Mini's | Plex Pass | Netflix | Hulu+ | Amazon Prime | NBA via Ballstreams, MLB.tv & MLS Live with No Blackouts!
Aero 1 is online now  
post #18155 of 18158 Old 07-01-2015, 04:55 PM
Member
 
fredd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 85
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Channel 4 WNBC has been missing for over week here in central NJ. Anyone else experiencing this?
fredd is offline  
post #18156 of 18158 Old 07-01-2015, 09:41 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 204
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero 1 View Post
There are no Sinclair sations in nyc correct? this would be a nice addition.


http://www.tvnewscheck.com/article/8...-scifi-diginet
no I don't think so. perhaps giacomo or Trip can solve this mystery
uhfyagi is offline  
post #18157 of 18158 Old Yesterday, 01:57 AM
ALP
Member
 
ALP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pleasantville, NY
Posts: 164
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredd View Post
Channel 4 WNBC has been missing for over week here in central NJ. Anyone else experiencing this?
Here in northern Westchester with all the stormy weather this last week Channel 2 (CBS) has had a lot of drop outs during the storms. I actually have to switch to Channel 4 (NBC) during the storms to get news and weather.

Tony Plachy
ALP is offline  
post #18158 of 18158 Old Yesterday, 11:50 PM
Senior Member
 
Giacomo Siffredi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Bergen County, NJ.
Posts: 238
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALP View Post
Here in northern Westchester with all the stormy weather this last week Channel 2 (CBS) has had a lot of drop outs during the storms. I actually have to switch to Channel 4 (NBC) during the storms to get news and weather.
I know channel 2 has had many drop-outs this past week; trying to watch WKOB-LD New York has been near impossible

As to the situation with WCBS-TV New York (RF channel 33), perhaps the unsettled atmospheric conditions have permitted WFSB Hartford (RF channel 33) to present destructive interference.

Destructive interference is substantially different from virtual interference; Meredith Corporation, the licensee of WFSB, is well-versed in the latter

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhfyagi View Post
no I don't think so. perhaps giacomo or Trip can solve this mystery
Sinclair does not own any broadcast stations in the New York City market. The best hope for this new "science fiction" formatted diginet debuting in this market would be to sign an affiliation agreement with any willing television broadcast licensee. It is highly unlikely, at this time, that any television broadcast license in a major U.S. market would be on the market.
Giacomo Siffredi is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off