New York, NY - OTA - Page 606 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 66Likes

post #18151 of 18158 Old 06-26-2015, 08:05 PM
ALP

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobrain View Post
installed a rca yagi the other day. http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...8230e753637b97

i can get 100 signal on nbc and abc. was running on old satellite coax was getting 86% on nbc and 100% on abc. tried a new coax and got 100% on nbc and still nothing on fox.

isnt hte fox broadcast from similar site? slighlty weaker signal but my tv is saying poor signal and doesnt even give me a percentage.

also on nbc, the audio drops out on commercials. i was running tos from the tv to my receiver. i just switched it over to rca so instead of the drop outs its just buzzing during the commercials.
Where are you located and what type of antenna do you have?

Tony Plachy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #18152 of 18158 Old 06-27-2015, 10:10 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobrain View Post
installed a rca yagi the other day. http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...8230e753637b97

i can get 100 signal on nbc and abc. was running on old satellite coax was getting 86% on nbc and 100% on abc. tried a new coax and got 100% on nbc and still nothing on fox.

isnt hte fox broadcast from similar site? slighlty weaker signal but my tv is saying poor signal and doesnt even give me a percentage.

also on nbc, the audio drops out on commercials. i was running tos from the tv to my receiver. i just switched it over to rca so instead of the drop outs its just buzzing during the commercials.
I think Fox is at the same site but different antenna setup.
post #18153 of 18158 Old 06-27-2015, 01:39 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALP View Post
Where are you located and what type of antenna do you have?
Rca yagi and 07950. 26miles west of the broadcast
post #18154 of 18158 Old 06-30-2015, 07:25 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked: 101
There are no Sinclair sations in nyc correct? this would be a nice addition.

http://www.tvnewscheck.com/article/8...-scifi-diginet

Quote:
MGM, Sinclair To Debut Sci*Fi Diginet

By Kevin Downey

TVNewsCheck, June 29, 2015 3:14 PM EDT

MGM and Sinclair Television Group this fall will launch a digital over*the*air network with science*fiction
programming from the MGM library such as Dead Like Me and Stargate.
The not*yet*named channel is so far cleared on stations reaching 30% of U.S. television homes with more
expected to be announced.
MGM will program the network.
“We are excited to be partnering with MGM on the launch of the first*ever science fiction multi*channel
network,” said David Amy, COO of Sinclair Broadcast Group, in a statement. “MGM has an extensive
collection of science fiction films and television movies that appeal to a vast audience who will now be able
to access that content through broadcast television.”

Cord Cutter | OTA - NYC DMA - TiVo Roamio - 3 TiVo Mini's | Plex Pass | Netflix | Hulu+ | Amazon Prime | NBA via Ballstreams, MLB.tv & MLS Live with No Blackouts!
post #18155 of 18158 Old 07-01-2015, 04:55 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Channel 4 WNBC has been missing for over week here in central NJ. Anyone else experiencing this?
post #18156 of 18158 Old 07-01-2015, 09:41 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero 1 View Post
There are no Sinclair sations in nyc correct? this would be a nice addition.

http://www.tvnewscheck.com/article/8...-scifi-diginet
no I don't think so. perhaps giacomo or Trip can solve this mystery
post #18157 of 18158 Old Yesterday, 01:57 AM
ALP

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredd View Post
Channel 4 WNBC has been missing for over week here in central NJ. Anyone else experiencing this?
Here in northern Westchester with all the stormy weather this last week Channel 2 (CBS) has had a lot of drop outs during the storms. I actually have to switch to Channel 4 (NBC) during the storms to get news and weather.

Tony Plachy
post #18158 of 18158 Old Yesterday, 11:50 PM

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALP View Post
Here in northern Westchester with all the stormy weather this last week Channel 2 (CBS) has had a lot of drop outs during the storms. I actually have to switch to Channel 4 (NBC) during the storms to get news and weather.
I know channel 2 has had many drop-outs this past week; trying to watch WKOB-LD New York has been near impossible

As to the situation with WCBS-TV New York (RF channel 33), perhaps the unsettled atmospheric conditions have permitted WFSB Hartford (RF channel 33) to present destructive interference.

Destructive interference is substantially different from virtual interference; Meredith Corporation, the licensee of WFSB, is well-versed in the latter

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhfyagi View Post
no I don't think so. perhaps giacomo or Trip can solve this mystery
Sinclair does not own any broadcast stations in the New York City market. The best hope for this new "science fiction" formatted diginet debuting in this market would be to sign an affiliation agreement with any willing television broadcast licensee. It is highly unlikely, at this time, that any television broadcast license in a major U.S. market would be on the market.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception