post #601 of 1953 Old 01-18-2007, 05:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by videditor View Post

Jerry,
Still no word, I know my contact is busy testing out the new PACE boxes. Have not forgotten about you.
VE

Thank you. Any idea if any of the HD boxes that Buckeye offers- including the HD DVR's - have RF remote capability? Or are they all line of sight IR?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #602 of 1953 Old 01-18-2007, 08:23 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDNLUVINIT View Post

Thank you. Any idea if any of the HD boxes that Buckeye offers- including the HD DVR's - have RF remote capability? Or are they all line of sight IR?

My test was a line of sight type... Have not heard of a RF version coming on board. The other brand being tested is basically a copy of the moto box. It's just this supplier can - well - supply them. Now.
VE
post #603 of 1953 Old 01-19-2007, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by videditor View Post

My test was a line of sight type... Have not heard of a RF version coming on board. The other brand being tested is basically a copy of the moto box. It's just this supplier can - well - supply them. Now.
VE

Thanks for the reply. I called Buckeye yesterday and was told that their Southwyck office had some HD boxes. So, off I went. Only to arrive and discover that they were the HD DVR boxes. Since this was my third time going there to retrieve and HD box, I took the HD DVR box. Hopefully get to connect it this weekend and see how it performs.
post #604 of 1953 Old 01-19-2007, 07:31 PM

Quote:

Thanks for the reply. I called Buckeye yesterday and was told that their Southwyck office had some HD boxes. So, off I went. Only to arrive and discover that they were the HD DVR boxes. Since this was my third time going there to retrieve and HD box, I took the HD DVR box. Hopefully get to connect it this weekend and see how it performs.

Is it a Moto 3416 box? I don't think they are relaeasing the Pace box yet.
Once you have the DVR option, you'll never go back. My wife is the Queen of delay broadcast viewing!!!
post #605 of 1953 Old 01-21-2007, 09:24 PM

I'm not sure how to go about searching info on this. Here is my problem: (I'm in zip 43557. )
1. I have always gotten cbs 11 digital channels and 27 digital. Recently my 27 PBS channels have been "hijacked" by channel 63. (christian channel -tbn?). I cannot get 27 digital any longer. Yesterday, 11 CBS digital channels which I have always gotten was "hijacked" by channel 63 as well. Now I have channel 63 on 63-1, 27-1 and 11-1.
Any ideas what my problem is?? I've got to get CBS back by the Super Bowl!

Turning my antenna has not helped thus far. Any ideas what my issue may be?
Other digitals I receive are 33-1 NBC. I just started getting it this week. I used to
be able to receive 13 ABC, but havent for several months now. I have not ever gotten FOX. I receive my channels OTA.
post #606 of 1953 Old 01-22-2007, 10:55 AM

I suspect you have a big time problem with your tuner... Due to the "pilot" signal in an 8VSB transmission, I do not believe it possible for a channel to be hijacked. What I suspect is going on is that the PSIP information that your tuner retains in the on-board memory is getting scrambled and is re-mapping the new data over existing channels. I assume you did a power off, but if not, unplug the tuner from AC power, leave it off for a minute and then plug it back in to the wall. Also check your owners manual on how to perform a "memory clear". Perform a channel scan, and I believe that should correct things. IT IS important to note, FOX, and WTOL both went to single channel streams for broadcast, thus this could cause problems in your tuner module. You could also by chance be getting stations from Indiana.

check what channels you should get on the web at http://www.antennaweb.org/aw/Address.aspx

You should get something like this...
* yellow - uhf WLMB-DT 40.1 IND TOLEDO OH 42° 6.6 5
* yellow - uhf WUPW-DT 36.1 FOX TOLEDO OH 97° 33.6 46
* red - uhf WTOL-DT 11.1 CBS TOLEDO OH 95° 36.9 17
* red - uhf WGTE-DT 30.1 PBS TOLEDO OH 97° 34.2 29
* red - uhf WNWO-DT 24.1 NBC Toledo OH 95° 38.1 49
* violet - uhf WBGU-DT 27.1 PBS BOWLING GREEN OH 171° 38.0 56
Note:
The above listing is a conservative prediction of stations received. Depending on the specifics of your installation, you may be able to receive stations that do not appear in this list.

Also, the guys at FOX tend to be helpful. Somewhere in this list of posts is an e-mail address of the guy from FOX. I believe it was sdcrum@foxtoledo.com If you still cannot get them, try sending him an e-mail..

hope this helps...
post #607 of 1953 Old 01-24-2007, 07:25 AM

Has anyone else had this problem: I set my Buckeye Moto 6412 to tape Veronica Mars on channel 605 (CW HD). Almost every time, it tapes the channel 5 (non-HD) showing of the episode and does not tape the HD version. This is the only show/channel I've had this problem with, and it is driving me nuts! Any ideas?
post #608 of 1953 Old 01-24-2007, 01:08 PM

I had that happen with a show before. I basically deleted the series recording and set it up again, making sure the showing I use to set up the recording is the 605 one and not the channel 5 showing. Then go into the additional options and make sure it says This Channel Only.

Even if you are sure you did it like that the first time, it wouldn't hurt to start from scratch. Then to verify, to into the DVR section of the menu and check Future Recordings to make sure the show is scheduled to record on the right channel.
post #609 of 1953 Old 01-31-2007, 07:52 PM

Quote:

Videditor, you appear to have substantial knowledge of BCS and the TV Guide feature. I hope you won't mind a question: I have a new Panasonic with a CableCard and the TV Guide service. It has been connected to Buckeye's system since 12-26-06. Everything is correct in the TV Guide setup but it still does not show some of the HD channels at the top end such as 660. Some of the lower channels are missing also. It is not a matter of having them turned "on" or "off" in the guide settings - they don't show up at all - anywhere. Any ideas?

Jerry,
I have an answer for you, it's quite lengthy would you private message me so I can send it directly to you.
Vid Editor
post #610 of 1953 Old 01-31-2007, 08:32 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 12
Toledo OTA viewers:

I was checking my Toledo OTA reception tonight, and noticed WTOL-DT has eliminated it's normal SD subchannels and has 3 HD mirrors.

Is this normal, or are they doing something different, maybe for the Super Bowl?

No SD subchannels would mean all the bandwidth is for HD, and would improve image quality big time.

Any ideas?

'Better Living Through Modern, Expensive, Electronic Devices'

post #611 of 1953 Old 02-01-2007, 11:35 AM

Please see the post from 12-26-06, 10:54 PM...
post #612 of 1953 Old 02-02-2007, 07:01 AM

I read that this Saturday's UFC PPV is going to be offered for the first time in HD. Does anyone know if Buckeye is offering this? I couldn't find anything on their website. Also, do you know if it will be 4x3 or 16x9?
post #613 of 1953 Old 02-03-2007, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MV400 View Post

It is true sub channels take bandwidth, BUT, with a bandwidth mamagment device, this is not the case. I suspect broadcasters will use the bandwidth for other things like wireless data applications...

I guess my point was, I would rather we get the most out of HDTV because a TV station has to take away quality from the main channel to make money doing some sort of over the air data broadcast thing.....

In the end, I think we are loosing out here.... What if rather than a weather map, 36.2 Fox could show Cleveland football instead of the Lions all the time...

Several factors here... One being that broadcast stations don't know how to sell ad time on sub channels (yet) compared to cable ad sales, who sell many networks and TV is a business not a federal channel. On second thought that could be debated. So station owners who just spent a ton of cash for HDTV transmissions need to re-coop, but they are in uncharted waters with advertisers and rates on secondary channels. Then the secondary channels went from local inserts to Weather Plus type (National feed with local breaks), they lost the instant local touch.
I think WTVG is the best at using secondary channels. I have seen many basketball games that I normally would not see. Though they do have a "family" relationship with ESPN, so those games are provided by ESPN Plus. Not sure we will ever see an NFL game on a secondary channel. There are just so many, and I mean many, restrictions for broadcast/cablecasting. And each league has it's own set of rules along with each network. My thoughts are the secondary channels will end up being used for something we don't know anything about yet. In the meantime, these channels will never be consistant in what they carry. So I'l take the full HD power.
VidEditor
post #614 of 1953 Old 02-03-2007, 08:00 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by MV400 View Post

Please see the post from 12-26-06, 10:54 PM...

Thanks. The difference between watching WWJ-DT CBS Detroit and WTOL-DT CBS Toledo has always been dramatic during live sports.

For the Super Bowl tomorrow, WTOL-DT viewers are in for a treat.

'Better Living Through Modern, Expensive, Electronic Devices'

post #615 of 1953 Old 02-04-2007, 01:35 PM

How much are you guys paying for your HD services with Buckeye? I'm moving in the next month and I'm trying to figure a budget. I tried looking on the website but I just got more confused. Is it cheaper to get broadband and HD/Digital as a package? Sorry for all the questions. Thanks folks!

XBL Gamer Tag : RocketKnight73 / xFRiT0 BANDiT0x
Fanboys = 30 year old men still living in their parents basements..Or dudes that have ZERO chance of gettin' some...
post #616 of 1953 Old 02-04-2007, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketknight73 View Post

How much are you guys paying for your HD services with Buckeye? I'm moving in the next month and I'm trying to figure a budget. I tried looking on the website but I just got more confused. Is it cheaper to get broadband and HD/Digital as a package? Sorry for all the questions. Thanks folks!

Your best bet is to have your phone, Internet and cable all from Buckeye - you then qualify for their "bundled" pricing starting at around $99/month. There are many options that will affect the prcing. I say "best bet" with some trepidation. My phone and Internet were out for 6 days last month while Buckeye tried to track down the problem. Turns out some moron in my area was hijacking cable and his/her illegal connection was allowing an electrical "ingress" to the Buckeye fibe optic system knocking out phone and Internet to many in my area. Still, 6 days without phone and Internet service is a long time. This past Friday, it started happening again. Turned out to be the cable modem - again. I've been back with Buckeye for about a year now and am on my 4th modem. Those things must be manufactured junk. All in all, I'm pretty happy with Buckeye. Their basic telephone service is second to none around here. ANd they have convenient locations throughout the area where you can pick up/exchange equipment. Still, that 6 days last month really made me question if having all of my eggs in their basket is a good thing. By the way, welcome to the area!
post #617 of 1953 Old 02-05-2007, 09:25 PM

A few months ago when I worked there I could have rattled off the prices no problem....but basically you add an HD box for 12.95 monthly or a DVR box for 17.95 monthly. Then you have the option of adding the HD plus pack for 10.95/mo which gives you the extra things like Discovery, INHD, HDNet, ect. Also, if you have a premium channel like HBO, Showtime, Cinemax or Starz you get the HD version as well.

I am pretty happy with Buckeye so far. They are missing some things that I'd like to see (the movie channel HD, HD content on demand) but they have a good HD line up compared to other cable companies. Hopefully they do something to increase their HD content and quality as the dish companies start to really focus on delivering more HD at a higher quality.
post #618 of 1953 Old 02-08-2007, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Cage View Post

I had that happen with a show before. I basically deleted the series recording and set it up again, making sure the showing I use to set up the recording is the 605 one and not the channel 5 showing. Then go into the additional options and make sure it says This Channel Only.

Even if you are sure you did it like that the first time, it wouldn't hurt to start from scratch. Then to verify, to into the DVR section of the menu and check Future Recordings to make sure the show is scheduled to record on the right channel.

John - thanks for the tip! I deleted and recreated the Series Recording, and it has taped the correct channel the last two weeks (knock on wood...lol).

Thanks again!
post #619 of 1953 Old 02-11-2007, 04:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 287 Post(s)
Liked: 165
Does anyone know if Time Warner Bowling Green carries the Cleveland Indians home games in HD? We don't have STO HD as a channel option here but do they show it on INHD or something?
post #620 of 1953 Old 02-12-2007, 01:06 AM

I don't believe they do. But your best bet is to check their website. I believe it was referred to as Time Warner Western Ohio. That served the Bowling Green area and the other communities nearby that has TWC as their provider.

Fanboys = 30 year old men still living in their parents basements..Or dudes that have ZERO chance of gettin' some...
post #621 of 1953 Old 02-12-2007, 01:14 AM

Quote:

Your best bet is to have your phone, Internet and cable all from Buckeye - you then qualify for their "bundled" pricing starting at around $99/month. There are many options that will affect the prcing. I say "best bet" with some trepidation. My phone and Internet were out for 6 days last month while Buckeye tried to track down the problem. Turns out some moron in my area was hijacking cable and his/her illegal connection was allowing an electrical "ingress" to the Buckeye fibe optic system knocking out phone and Internet to many in my area. Still, 6 days without phone and Internet service is a long time. This past Friday, it started happening again. Turned out to be the cable modem - again. I've been back with Buckeye for about a year now and am on my 4th modem. Those things must be manufactured junk. All in all, I'm pretty happy with Buckeye. Their basic telephone service is second to none around here. ANd they have convenient locations throughout the area where you can pick up/exchange equipment. Still, that 6 days last month really made me question if having all of my eggs in their basket is a good thing. By the way, welcome to the area!

First of all thanks for your help! I might wait to add HD until football season starts up again and just go with OTA HD for a while. Unless Buckeye starts carrying FOX sports Detroit HD. I know they started showing a lot of Tigers games in HD last year. If that happens then I will be forced to get it when baseball starts in a couple of months. Oh and I'm from Toledo I just spent the last four years living in BG but thanks for the welcome. GO ROCKETS !

post #622 of 1953 Old 02-12-2007, 12:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I don't believe they do. But your best bet is to check their website. I believe it was referred to as Time Warner Western Ohio. That served the Bowling Green area and the other communities nearby that has TWC as their provider.

From their website...

Quote:

HD Variety Channels

750 Discovery HD Theater Offers an enthralling library of programs about science and technology, nature and wildlife, world culture and more.
751 TNT in HD Offers the TNT drama network, with its original movies, dramatic programming, and more in HD.

*Requires subscription to a digital package.
752 Sports Time Ohio HD Watch the Cleveland Indians all season long on Sports Time Ohio

Quote:

HD Variety Channels
755 Discovery High Definition Theater
756 Turner Network Television High Definition
757 SportsTime Ohio HD

Obviously their list is incorrect/conflicting or outdated. We don't have STO HD but rather Fox Sports Ohio HD on channel 757. Maybe they show the Indians games on that channel since there likely won't be any HD content on that channel at that time frame. They took away INHD2 and didn't replace it so I am basically paying $7 for one channel, ESPN HD. Where is ESPN2 HD, MTV HD, or Universal HD????
post #623 of 1953 Old 02-13-2007, 02:47 AM

Did Buckeye have INHD and INHD2? Or do they just broadcast INHD?

post #624 of 1953 Old 02-13-2007, 05:34 AM

Quote:

Did Buckeye have INHD and INHD2? Or do they just broadcast INHD?

Only INHD - though a channel scan will still get you INHD2 - there's just no programming behind it!
post #625 of 1953 Old 02-13-2007, 06:01 AM
AVS Special Member

INHD2 was taken off the air at the end of 2006. They supposedly combined the two channels.

It's not just a hobby, it's an obsession...
post #626 of 1953 Old 02-13-2007, 04:35 PM

Ah...I see. Thanks for the answers guys.

post #627 of 1953 Old 02-13-2007, 05:39 PM

Anybody know what is going on with fox 36? I watch through a directv HR10-250 HD tivo receiver on sub channel 36-1. No signal, even when i bypass the receiver and got direct to tv with off air antennae.

What's up?

20Fan
Ohio State Buckeyes- GO BUCKS !
My Aluminum frame build
post #628 of 1953 Old 02-13-2007, 07:28 PM
AVS Special Member

I don't know. I DVR'd American Idol. All I got was an hour of test pattern and static.

It's not just a hobby, it's an obsession...
post #629 of 1953 Old 02-13-2007, 07:57 PM
AVS Special Member

I just put it on Fox, they are showing a picture of downtown Toledo? Went to watch American Idol DVR and it didn't tape.
post #630 of 1953 Old 02-13-2007, 08:47 PM
AVS Special Member

CBS Digital was out for the beginning of Letterman tonight as well. It's this damn weather!
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page