Toledo, OH - HDTV - Page 57 - AVS Forum
First ... 55  56  57 58  59  ... Last
Local HDTV Info and Reception > Toledo, OH - HDTV
Gamereviewgod's Avatar Gamereviewgod 08:26 AM 05-27-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by sitlet View Post

FYI, History HD routinely upscales SD content, so that could be why it looks bad.

Not in the case of Pawn Stars. Their older stuff would be, but not the new.

Gamereviewgod's Avatar Gamereviewgod 05:34 PM 05-28-2010
Called Buckeye about that supposed upgrade to the menus and was told the the entire process was simply not ready. Things kept crashing when they tried to launch it. It is still in the works, but there is no confirmed date.

Oh, and the whole home DVR thing didn't work out either apparently. Server compatibility issues I was told. They are now testing a different one. Joy.
skatingrocker17's Avatar skatingrocker17 09:21 PM 05-28-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by sitlet View Post

FYI, History HD routinely upscales SD content, so that could be why it looks bad.

Even the stuff that is upscaled, like Modern Marvels from like 2002 doesn't look horrible. I would say it's better than standard definition even if the aspect ratio is incorrect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elph31337 View Post

Did anyone else on TimeWarner in the Perrysburg/Waterville area just lose all of the local HD channels (ClearQAM)? All I have now are the music channels, some movie preview channel and Military TV.

Isn't there an FCC mandate that the locals are carried in the clear?

If others are having the same issue, does anyone know who to call?

I did a auto scan for channels on one of my TVs and got no digital channels at all, not even the local radar channels. I know another one of my TVs has digital channels (without a STB) over cable, well it did last time I checked which was probably a month ago. Anyway maybe Time Warner did take them away or it could also be because of a weak signal. The channels in my room are pretty fuzzy, especially on a 42" LCD.
Charlie Kocis's Avatar Charlie Kocis 10:52 PM 05-30-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamereviewgod View Post

Called Buckeye about that supposed upgrade to the menus and was told the the entire process was simply not ready. Things kept crashing when they tried to launch it. It is still in the works, but there is no confirmed date.

Oh, and the whole home DVR thing didn't work out either apparently. Server compatibility issues I was told. They are now testing a different one. Joy.

Wasn't the big switch to SDV supposed to happen on Tuesday? If they can't even get a guide software update to take then I doubt we'll have SDV by the end of the year. This is just plain embarrassing for BCS.
Gamereviewgod's Avatar Gamereviewgod 11:37 PM 06-05-2010
Everyone in this thread okay after the storms tonight? Currently waiting on the second batch of storms, but the first one really did some terrible stuff to a lot of counties. Hopefully this next batch is weaker.
Star56's Avatar Star56 03:53 AM 06-06-2010
In Sylvania we were on the upper fringe of the worse stuff. The people in Delta got really hit.
skatingrocker17's Avatar skatingrocker17 09:06 PM 06-16-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by MV400 View Post

Hi all,

As we all know we had some severe weather this past weekend during the NASCAR race. We are required to show severe weather information and the only way to do that at the moment was with a SD 4:3 image. Because the FOX network HD stuff is essentially a MPEG-2 pass through, it looks better and doesn't suffer from conversion artifacts. BUT during severe weather, putting things on the air at the local station is a problem. Fox broadcasting is aware of the need for severe weather information in HD and is working to address the issue. I have seen their prototype system in action and it will be nice to have the best of both worlds.

Stay Tuned,
Take Care,

Steve Pietras
Fox Toledo

I just noticed that the local news on Fox is broadcasted in Dolby Digital 5.1 as well as Seinfeld. I thought this was pretty strange.
jashansen's Avatar jashansen 08:07 AM 07-02-2010
Buckeye launched iN DEMAND PPV HD on Channel 508 today. Big events like UFC, WWE, and Boxing will now be available in High Definition. The first event is coming up this weekend, on July 3rd -- UFC 116, Lesnar vs. Carwin! At this time, pricing for HD events will be the same as the standard definition event.
Gamereviewgod's Avatar Gamereviewgod 08:37 AM 07-03-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jashansen View Post

Buckeye launched iN DEMAND PPV HD on Channel 508 today. Big events like UFC, WWE, and Boxing will now be available in High Definition. The first event is coming up this weekend, on July 3rd -- UFC 116, Lesnar vs. Carwin! At this time, pricing for HD events will be the same as the standard definition event.

About time. Maybe the lack a price increase is to make up for how long it took.
Charlie Kocis's Avatar Charlie Kocis 02:50 PM 07-04-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamereviewgod View Post

About time. Maybe the lack a price increase is to make up for how long it took.

I doubt it. They probably just forgot. I wouldn't give Buckeye that much credit.
skatingrocker17's Avatar skatingrocker17 08:31 PM 07-05-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jashansen View Post

Buckeye never had that? Too bad Lesnar one (edit, won haha) but the good news is WTVG is now broadcasting the news in HD, but only in studio.
Gamereviewgod's Avatar Gamereviewgod 09:04 PM 07-05-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by skatingrocker17 View Post

Buckeye never had that? Too bad Lesnar one but the good news is WTVG is now broadcasting the news in HD, but only in studio.

Nope. I've called them multiple times asking when it was going to happen and never got a firm answer. Guess they got everything sorted out.

Will say that is looked decent enough. Some obvious artifacting with fast motion and flashing camera bulbs, but it's cable after all.
1kHztone's Avatar 1kHztone 09:11 PM 08-11-2010
Anyone know if WTOL killed off News 11 Now on 11.2? I'm looking where it should be on the new TW Napoleon lineup (992) and all I'm seeing is an SD feed of 11.1.
GregGH's Avatar GregGH 07:32 AM 08-13-2010
Hi
I am a Canadian in Kingsville-Leamington area across the lake. Can anyone clarify some points?
-we see a signal change on some toledo stations with a better signal in the afternoon and a weaker signal in the evening - are the stations changing their distribution pattern ( can you point me to the web site that shows the patterns - had it a while back but bad bookmarks get me again )
-ch24 all but impossible to get - to at least the hardest of bunch (or so it seems)

We have a directional antenna and rotor and like to watch Toledo ( also get Cleveland & Detroit very well) - since you guys keep sending us the 'good' storms. I think we might be the only part of Canada that still talks in Fahrenheit ( thanks to Toledo weather ) and not Celsius for temperature.

Saw something mentioning Toledo as #73 in USA - if you add us 'missing Cdn viewers' but we could get to at least #72 ..:-)

Thanks for any help offered

Greg H
Trip in VA's Avatar Trip in VA 07:36 AM 08-13-2010
My website has that information if you expand out the Technical Data for each station. http://www.rabbitears.info/market.php?mktid=90

- Trip
skatingrocker17's Avatar skatingrocker17 03:59 PM 08-13-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregGH View Post

Hi
I am a Canadian in Kingsville-Leamington area across the lake. Can anyone clarify some points?
-we see a signal change on some toledo stations with a better signal in the afternoon and a weaker signal in the evening - are the stations changing their distribution pattern ( can you point me to the web site that shows the patterns - had it a while back but bad bookmarks get me again )
-ch24 all but impossible to get - to at least the hardest of bunch (or so it seems)

We have a directional antenna and rotor and like to watch Toledo ( also get Cleveland & Detroit very well) - since you guys keep sending us the 'good' storms. I think we might be the only part of Canada that still talks in Fahrenheit ( thanks to Toledo weather ) and not Celsius for temperature.

Saw something mentioning Toledo as #73 in USA - if you add us 'missing Cdn viewers' but we could get to at least #72 ..:-)

Greg H

You must have a nice antenna. Even though we have DirecTV I've tried to pick up stations from Toledo and I found it really difficult, I'm only about 25 miles from Toledo and I could barley get any stations, I think the one I actually picked up was WNWO, which is my least favorite. I was able to get Fox Fort Fayne which is almost 100 miles away. If you can at least get WTVG and WTOL then you're good to go.
itsthemultipath!'s Avatar itsthemultipath! 10:18 PM 08-13-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregGH View Post

Hi

Greg H

WNWO (virtual 24/RF 49) is highly directional, and very weak toward SW Ontario. Relatively low power to start with (59 kW max), it is so directional as to be equal to less than 2 kW in some directions.

In the Toledo area, only 11 and 13 are omnidirectional.
1kHztone's Avatar 1kHztone 08:56 PM 08-14-2010
Speaking of 24, they're showing the Lions preseason game in HD tonight. Figured they'd the last station in town to show anything other than network content in HD. And yes, it's a satellite feed, not just simply a pickup of WWJ's signal; they were 2 seconds late to a break and a slate popped up.
burdhunter1's Avatar burdhunter1 07:42 PM 08-15-2010
I think 11-1 and 13-1 went to a vhf band ? why would they do that, i have been fighting bad signals and i live in portage township,
go Browns! any ideas on a vhf loop.
1kHztone's Avatar 1kHztone 04:43 PM 08-16-2010
If anyone's curious, here's the new TWC-Waterville HD Local lineup:

1003 WGTE PBS HD
1004 WT05 The CW HD
1007 WUPW FOX HD
1010 WNWO NBC HD
1011 WTOL CBS HD
1013 WTVG ABC HD

Browsing using my USB Tuner stick, I've found the following unencrypted channels (my software doesn't provide exact channel numbers, sorry):

WT05
WTOL (11.1 & 11.2)
WTVG (13.1)
WNWO (24.1, 24.2 & 24.3)
WGTE (30.1, 30.2, 30.3)
WUPW (36.1)
TCM
MTV2
CSPAN2
All Music Choice Channels

Not bad considering the last time I tried it a few months back, only 11.1 & 11.2 were viewable (all the rest of the locals were audio only).
itsthemultipath!'s Avatar itsthemultipath! 08:06 PM 08-16-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdhunter1 View Post

I think 11-1 and 13-1 went to a vhf band ? why would they do that

1) both stations already had good omnidirectional antennas for the VHF channels atop their towers.

2) VHF allows maximum allowed power (and even larger "theoretical coverage") with a smaller, solid-state transmitters, so less of their money goes to the power company.

3) Many of their fringe viewers already have VHF-capable antennas aimed their way.
schwa73's Avatar schwa73 04:48 AM 08-19-2010
Are Buckeye's clocks incorrect for anyone else? Both my cableboxes are about 15 minutes slow. Both say 6:33 a.m. when it is really 6:48 a.m.

Not only annoying, but it totally screws up the guides, planned DVR recordings, etc.

Can this be fixed?
Charlie Kocis's Avatar Charlie Kocis 08:29 AM 08-19-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa73 View Post

Are Buckeye's clocks incorrect for anyone else? Both my cableboxes are about 15 minutes slow. Both say 6:33 a.m. when it is really 6:48 a.m.

Not only annoying, but it totally screws up the guides, planned DVR recordings, etc.

Can this be fixed?

That was odd. I noticed it slowly caught up to actual time at around 7:20.
Ken H's Avatar Ken H 10:28 AM 08-19-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa73 View Post

Can this be fixed?

Only by them.
enzytebob's Avatar enzytebob 01:44 PM 08-30-2010
Cross-posting in all contiguous markets with a VHF 13:

For anybody interested, WSYX is coming in loud and clear on UHF Channel 48 as of about noon today. VHF 13.2 is carrying a blank message telling people to re-scan.

The geek in me wonders if fringe reception of WTVG will improve once WSYX VHF 13 goes dark.
skatingrocker17's Avatar skatingrocker17 06:53 PM 08-31-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by enzytebob View Post

Cross-posting in all contiguous markets with a VHF 13:

For anybody interested, WSYX is coming in loud and clear on UHF Channel 48 as of about noon today. VHF 13.2 is carrying a blank message telling people to re-scan.

The geek in me wonders if fringe reception of WTVG will improve once WSYX VHF 13 goes dark.

Where are you located?
enzytebob's Avatar enzytebob 08:11 PM 08-31-2010
Quote:

Where are you located?

I'm in Columbus, but curious about comments from your neck of the woods.
skatingrocker17's Avatar skatingrocker17 06:19 PM 09-02-2010
Quote:

Where are you located?

My sister uses an antenna at her house and she is about to get Fox Fort Wayne and of course all of the Toledo locals but none from Columbus. I have a small antenna that I've messed around with and I find it hard to pick up Toledo locals and I'm not even 30 miles away from Toledo but I have DirecTV so it's not really a problem. I'd like to be able to receive Columbus locals though but when I had cable we got MyTV Cleveland and The CW Detroit for some reason, even CBC Windsor.
enzytebob's Avatar enzytebob 07:02 PM 09-02-2010
WSYX will be turning Channel 13 off very soon. Perhaps you will be able to get Channel 13 in Toledo once they do that because our Channel 13 won't be interfering with your Channel 13?

WSYX programming is now on Channel 48. Here's how Channel 13 looks until they turn it off:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zpgo_a9yAqM
skatingrocker17's Avatar skatingrocker17 10:20 PM 09-04-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by enzytebob View Post

WSYX will be turning Channel 13 off very soon. Perhaps you will be able to get Channel 13 in Toledo once they do that because our Channel 13 won't be interfering with your Channel 13?

WSYX programming is now on Channel 48. Here's how Channel 13 looks until they turn it off:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zpgo_a9yAqM

That makes sense but I also find that WTOL channel 11 is also pretty difficult to receive but again I was using a small antenna.
First ... 55  56  57 58  59  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop