Lubbock, TX - HDTV - Page 41 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

post #1201 of 1208 Old 11-08-2015, 08:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Looks like God's Learning Channel is having some financial problems. KPTB-DT 16-1 is off the air right now. It doesn't even show up on a rescan. I'm guessing their station down in Snyder, KPCB-DT 17-1, might be off air as well.

Found this on the GLC Facebook page tonight:

"URGENT! GLC has disconnected from the SES-1 satellite. This means that we cannot broadcast to several of our markets. We GREATLY need your financial support to finalize our complete transition to the Galaxy 19! Viewers in those areas will appreciate your support!"

Last edited by tvfan2011; 11-08-2015 at 08:20 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1202 of 1208 Old 12-10-2015, 12:06 PM

A couple of updates:

KPTB-DT 16-1 is still off the air. God's Learning Channel has been posted updates on their website and asking for donations to upgrade their full power stations over to the Galaxy 19 satellite.

DTV America has apparently dropped Azteca TV from KNKC-LD 29-2 sometime in the last day or two. The good news is they've replaced it with GetTV ( http://www.get.tv), some movie channel that looks like Turner Classic Movies. I'm not sure what becomes of Azteca TV, not that I ever watched it. DTV America has bought or is buying most of the construction permits in Lubbock so they may end up moving it to one of them in the future.

KCBD: I noticed on KCBD's Facebook page the other day one of their anchors (Karen McCay) replied to a comment about their signal strength. It pretty much said they hope to be on a new tower and back at full power by March.

Merry Christmas!
Twobytwo likes this.
post #1203 of 1208 Old 12-11-2015, 10:45 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvfan2011 View Post
A couple of updates:

KPTB-DT 16-1 is still off the air. God's Learning Channel has been posted updates on their website and asking for donations to upgrade their full power stations over to the Galaxy 19 satellite.

DTV America has apparently dropped Azteca TV from KNKC-LD 29-2 sometime in the last day or two. The good news is they've replaced it with GetTV ( http://www.get.tv), some movie channel that looks like Turner Classic Movies. I'm not sure what becomes of Azteca TV, not that I ever watched it. DTV America has bought or is buying most of the construction permits in Lubbock so they may end up moving it to one of them in the future.

KCBD: I noticed on KCBD's Facebook page the other day one of their anchors (Karen McCay) replied to a comment about their signal strength. It pretty much said they hope to be on a new tower and back at full power by March.

Merry Christmas!

Yay GetTV! Thx for update!
post #1204 of 1208 Old 12-14-2015, 10:37 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
TVFAN,Thanks for the update on 29.2.
FWIW ch44-ENLACE seems to be off the air. Cant really find out any info since their websie is in Spanish. I used to recieve the channel when I would go thru the channels at my job that is close to the airport.
post #1205 of 1208 Old 12-21-2015, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twobytwo View Post
TVFAN,Thanks for the update on 29.2.
FWIW ch44-ENLACE seems to be off the air. Cant really find out any info since their websie is in Spanish. I used to recieve the channel when I would go thru the channels at my job that is close to the airport.
I'm not sure what is going on with Enlace.
post #1206 of 1208 Old 01-30-2016, 03:42 PM

Bounce TV is (or will be) back on the air on KNKC-LD 29.4 here in Lubbock. Both the Bounce TV and RabbitEars.info websites are reporting this information. I'm not sure if DTV America has turned on 29.4 yet. I will have to do a rescan this evening and see what comes up.

Last edited by tvfan2011; 01-30-2016 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Corrected typos...
post #1207 of 1208 Old 01-31-2016, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvfan2011 View Post
Bounce TV is (or will be) back on the air on KNKC-LD 29.4 here in Lubbock. Both the Bounce TV and RabbitEars.info websites are reporting this information. I'm not sure if DTV America has turned on 29.4 yet. I will have to do a rescan this evening and see what comes up.
As of Saturday night/Sunday morning, 29.4 does not show up when you run a rescan. Maybe they will turn it on Monday or sometime this week.
post #1208 of 1208 Old Yesterday, 11:23 AM

The call letters for K21KW-D have been changed to KDKW-LD, according to the RabbitEars.info website today. The station is licensed to J.B. Salazar but is supposedly operated by DTV America.

The station is silent right now but is suppose to be a MundoMax affiliate.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception