Lubbock, TX - HDTV - Page 41 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!


Forum Jump: 
 3Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1201 of 1223 Old 11-08-2015, 07:12 PM
Member
 
tvfan2011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Lubbock, Texas
Posts: 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Looks like God's Learning Channel is having some financial problems. KPTB-DT 16-1 is off the air right now. It doesn't even show up on a rescan. I'm guessing their station down in Snyder, KPCB-DT 17-1, might be off air as well.

Found this on the GLC Facebook page tonight:

"URGENT! GLC has disconnected from the SES-1 satellite. This means that we cannot broadcast to several of our markets. We GREATLY need your financial support to finalize our complete transition to the Galaxy 19! Viewers in those areas will appreciate your support!"

Last edited by tvfan2011; 11-08-2015 at 07:20 PM.
tvfan2011 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1202 of 1223 Old 12-10-2015, 11:06 AM
Member
 
tvfan2011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Lubbock, Texas
Posts: 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 12
A couple of updates:

KPTB-DT 16-1 is still off the air. God's Learning Channel has been posted updates on their website and asking for donations to upgrade their full power stations over to the Galaxy 19 satellite.

DTV America has apparently dropped Azteca TV from KNKC-LD 29-2 sometime in the last day or two. The good news is they've replaced it with GetTV ( http://www.get.tv), some movie channel that looks like Turner Classic Movies. I'm not sure what becomes of Azteca TV, not that I ever watched it. DTV America has bought or is buying most of the construction permits in Lubbock so they may end up moving it to one of them in the future.

KCBD: I noticed on KCBD's Facebook page the other day one of their anchors (Karen McCay) replied to a comment about their signal strength. It pretty much said they hope to be on a new tower and back at full power by March.

Merry Christmas!
Twobytwo likes this.
tvfan2011 is offline  
post #1203 of 1223 Old 12-11-2015, 09:45 AM
Member
 
thelucky1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 160
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvfan2011 View Post
A couple of updates:

KPTB-DT 16-1 is still off the air. God's Learning Channel has been posted updates on their website and asking for donations to upgrade their full power stations over to the Galaxy 19 satellite.

DTV America has apparently dropped Azteca TV from KNKC-LD 29-2 sometime in the last day or two. The good news is they've replaced it with GetTV ( http://www.get.tv), some movie channel that looks like Turner Classic Movies. I'm not sure what becomes of Azteca TV, not that I ever watched it. DTV America has bought or is buying most of the construction permits in Lubbock so they may end up moving it to one of them in the future.

KCBD: I noticed on KCBD's Facebook page the other day one of their anchors (Karen McCay) replied to a comment about their signal strength. It pretty much said they hope to be on a new tower and back at full power by March.

Merry Christmas!

Yay GetTV! Thx for update!
thelucky1 is online now  
post #1204 of 1223 Old 12-14-2015, 09:37 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0
TVFAN,Thanks for the update on 29.2.
FWIW ch44-ENLACE seems to be off the air. Cant really find out any info since their websie is in Spanish. I used to recieve the channel when I would go thru the channels at my job that is close to the airport.
Twobytwo is offline  
post #1205 of 1223 Old 12-21-2015, 10:20 AM
Member
 
tvfan2011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Lubbock, Texas
Posts: 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twobytwo View Post
TVFAN,Thanks for the update on 29.2.
FWIW ch44-ENLACE seems to be off the air. Cant really find out any info since their websie is in Spanish. I used to recieve the channel when I would go thru the channels at my job that is close to the airport.
I'm not sure what is going on with Enlace.
tvfan2011 is offline  
post #1206 of 1223 Old 01-30-2016, 02:42 PM
Member
 
tvfan2011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Lubbock, Texas
Posts: 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Bounce TV is (or will be) back on the air on KNKC-LD 29.4 here in Lubbock. Both the Bounce TV and RabbitEars.info websites are reporting this information. I'm not sure if DTV America has turned on 29.4 yet. I will have to do a rescan this evening and see what comes up.

Last edited by tvfan2011; 01-30-2016 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Corrected typos...
tvfan2011 is offline  
post #1207 of 1223 Old 01-31-2016, 01:19 PM
Member
 
tvfan2011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Lubbock, Texas
Posts: 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvfan2011 View Post
Bounce TV is (or will be) back on the air on KNKC-LD 29.4 here in Lubbock. Both the Bounce TV and RabbitEars.info websites are reporting this information. I'm not sure if DTV America has turned on 29.4 yet. I will have to do a rescan this evening and see what comes up.
As of Saturday night/Sunday morning, 29.4 does not show up when you run a rescan. Maybe they will turn it on Monday or sometime this week.
tvfan2011 is offline  
post #1208 of 1223 Old 02-01-2016, 10:23 AM
Member
 
tvfan2011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Lubbock, Texas
Posts: 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 12
The call letters for K21KW-D have been changed to KDKW-LD, according to the RabbitEars.info website today. The station is licensed to J.B. Salazar but is supposedly operated by DTV America.

The station is silent right now but is suppose to be a MundoMax affiliate.
tvfan2011 is offline  
post #1209 of 1223 Old 02-10-2016, 08:09 AM
Member
 
tvfan2011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Lubbock, Texas
Posts: 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvfan2011 View Post
Bounce TV is (or will be) back on the air on KNKC-LD 29.4 here in Lubbock. Both the Bounce TV and RabbitEars.info websites are reporting this information. I'm not sure if DTV America has turned on 29.4 yet. I will have to do a rescan this evening and see what comes up.
Still no Bounce TV on KNKC 29.4 at this time. A rescan only picks up 29.1 - 29.3 right now.
tvfan2011 is offline  
post #1210 of 1223 Old 02-22-2016, 12:39 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Bounce TV is now ( Monday 22nd at 2:30) operating on 29-4. There is a LIQUIDATION CHANNEL on 29-5. At this time jewelry is being featured. I dont know if different things will be sold later.
Twobytwo is offline  
post #1211 of 1223 Old 02-22-2016, 07:58 PM
Member
 
thelucky1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 160
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twobytwo View Post
Bounce TV is now ( Monday 22nd at 2:30) operating on 29-4. There is a LIQUIDATION CHANNEL on 29-5. At this time jewelry is being featured. I dont know if different things will be sold later.

As always thx for the update although I personally didn't care for Bounce TV the first time it was carried in the market by Nexstar.

I am curious why Nexstar dropped Bounce TV and has never replaced it with anything!!! Come on Nexstar get in the subnet game in Lubbock like you have done in your other markets!!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thelucky1 is online now  
post #1212 of 1223 Old 02-23-2016, 09:04 AM
Member
 
tvfan2011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Lubbock, Texas
Posts: 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twobytwo View Post
Bounce TV is now ( Monday 22nd at 2:30) operating on 29-4. There is a LIQUIDATION CHANNEL on 29-5. At this time jewelry is being featured. I dont know if different things will be sold later.
Thanks for the update Twobytwo! The last time I did a re-scan was over the weekend only 29.1-29.3 were showing up then. DTV America has Antenna TV on some of their stations. I wish they would add it here in Lubbock.

Last edited by tvfan2011; 02-23-2016 at 09:32 AM.
tvfan2011 is offline  
post #1213 of 1223 Old 02-23-2016, 09:31 AM
Member
 
tvfan2011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Lubbock, Texas
Posts: 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelucky1 View Post
I am curious why Nexstar dropped Bounce TV and has never replaced it with anything!!! Come on Nexstar get in the subnet game in Lubbock like you have done in your other markets!!!
They have never explained to us why we dropped Bounce TV. If I were guessing it was probably a financial/ratings decision. They dropped it in Abilene and Wichita Falls at the same time as well.

The only Nexstar stations around here (not counting the ones under the "Mission Broadcasting" umbrella) that have subnets are KAMR in Amarillo, KFDX in Wichita Falls and KTAB in Abilene. KAMR and KFDX carry the low powered MyNetworkTV stations on their .2 channels. KTAB has Telemundo on their .2 station.
tvfan2011 is offline  
post #1214 of 1223 Old 03-01-2016, 04:45 PM
Member
 
thelucky1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 160
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Any news on KCBD's new tower?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thelucky1 is online now  
post #1215 of 1223 Old 03-09-2016, 01:48 PM
Member
 
tvfan2011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Lubbock, Texas
Posts: 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Looks like the FCC has given DTV America a new construction permit to move KDKW-LD (formerly K21KW-D) to the same tower that KNKC-LD broadcasts from near 58th and Magnolia in southeast Lubbock.

KDKW-LD did a construction permit for a tower near East 29th Street and Alcove Avenue on the east side of the city.

KDKW-LD is suppose to be a MundoMax affiliate.

More information: http://licensing.fcc.gov/cgi-bin/ws....lity_id=183154
tvfan2011 is offline  
post #1216 of 1223 Old 04-03-2016, 02:20 PM
Member
 
tvfan2011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Lubbock, Texas
Posts: 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 12
God's Learning Channel (KPTB-DT 16.1) is back on the air in Lubbock. It showed back up when I did a rescan last night.

They've got a note on their Facebook page mentioning the return:

"GLC is now broadcasting in the Lubbock & Midland/ Odessa Areas! We're now broadcasting "on-air" in the Lubbock & Midland/ Odessa areas of West Texas! This means that if you normally watch us by antenna, your signal is now restored! This also means that a few cable systems in these areas might have our restored signal, as well! Thank you for your prayers and financial contributions, but we ask that you continue to give and keep those prayers coming! We still have 3 additional markets in Texas and New Mexico that need parts and labor in order to re-enable our broadcasting capabilities."

Last edited by tvfan2011; 04-03-2016 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Added comments from GLC Facebook page.
tvfan2011 is offline  
post #1217 of 1223 Old 04-11-2016, 03:17 PM
Member
 
tvfan2011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Lubbock, Texas
Posts: 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelucky1 View Post
Any news on KCBD's new tower?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The NTSB finally released the factual report on the plane crash and the Lubbock media all picked it up today. KCBD's article on the story made some mention of the tower status at the end of the news article.

http://www.kcbd.com/story/31695044/n...ower-guy-wires
tvfan2011 is offline  
post #1218 of 1223 Old 04-11-2016, 05:53 PM
Member
 
thelucky1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 160
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Regarding the KCBD tower: Tower construction is underway and if weather cooperates...they hope to have it operating around mid-May.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thelucky1 is online now  
post #1219 of 1223 Old 04-25-2016, 10:48 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0
There is a new station on 48.4 Display is showing it as "LBB MKT". Been watching it for about 10 minutes and all that is showing is Info commercials. 48.1 changed display from "METV" to "KLBBLD1". Wonder if more changes are in store?
Twobytwo is offline  
post #1220 of 1223 Old 04-25-2016, 03:03 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelucky1 View Post
Regarding the KCBD tower: Tower construction is underway and if weather cooperates...they hope to have it operating around mid-May.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Was driving near KCBD & saw the new tower with antenna on top. Flag flying from the antenna so it is topped out. Didn't see any transmission line inside yet, but lots of activity from the tower crew around the new transmitter building which is located east of the studio building & old tower site. Should be on track for mid-May.
thelucky1 likes this.
RaiderDeluxe is offline  
post #1221 of 1223 Old 04-26-2016, 07:32 AM
Member
 
tvfan2011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Lubbock, Texas
Posts: 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twobytwo View Post
There is a new station on 48.4 Display is showing it as "LBB MKT". Been watching it for about 10 minutes and all that is showing is Info commercials. 48.1 changed display from "METV" to "KLBBLD1". Wonder if more changes are in store?
I really hope they are not going to waste good bandwidth for a channel that only shows infomercials. They popped up a legal identification over the beginning of a infomercial at the top of the hour. It said KUPT-LD Albuquerque and underneath it KLBB-LD Lubbock.

I would still like to see Antenna TV or Cozi TV here in Lubbock. Hopefully DTV America will fill their absence here in Lubbock.
tvfan2011 is offline  
post #1222 of 1223 Old 04-26-2016, 05:05 PM
Member
 
thelucky1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 160
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvfan2011 View Post
I really hope they are not going to waste good bandwidth for a channel that only shows infomercials.


I would still like to see Antenna TV or Cozi TV here in Lubbock.


I agree!
thelucky1 is online now  
post #1223 of 1223 Old Today, 02:55 PM
Member
 
thelucky1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 160
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 23
KCBD is now broadcasting from its new tower and antenna.

Viewers are encouraged to rescan their televisions for OTA!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thelucky1 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

taboola here
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off