Lubbock, TX - HDTV - Page 42 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 5Likes

post #1231 of 1243 Old 06-16-2016, 01:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Exclamation

I'm sure some of you may have heard the news already. Katz Broadcasting signed a major deal with Nexstar Broadcasting, Mission Broadcasting and White Knight Broadcasting for Bounce TV, Laff, Grit and Escape.

At the moment, Ramar Communications has Laff and Escape on KMYL-LD, Raycom Media has Grit on KCBD-DT and DTV America has Bounce TV on KNKC-LD. I'm guessing when the contracts expire these will move over to KLBK and KAMC.

Nothing has been said at work about us picking up these digital networks. I'll talk with the engineers and see what I can find out.

Here is more on the deal: http://www.broadcastingcable.com/new...markets/157330
Twobytwo likes this.

Last edited by tvfan2011; 06-16-2016 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Corrected some typos...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1232 of 1243 Old 06-17-2016, 10:32 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvfan2011 View Post
I'm sure some of you may have heard the news already. Katz Broadcasting signed a major deal with Nexstar Broadcasting, Mission Broadcasting and White Knight Broadcasting for Bounce TV, Laff, Grit and Escape.

At the moment, Ramar Communications has Laff and Escape on KMYL-LD, Raycom Media has Grit on KCBD-DT and DTV America has Bounce TV on KNKC-LD. I'm guessing when the contracts expire these will move over to KLBK and KAMC.

Nothing has been said at work about us picking up these digital networks. I'll talk with the engineers and see what I can find out.

Very interesting! Anxious to hear what you find out! Thx!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #1233 of 1243 Old 06-19-2016, 02:21 PM

Quote:

I asked one of the engineers about this Friday. All I was told was that it's suppose happen sometime in September.
post #1234 of 1243 Old 06-23-2016, 06:53 AM

Lightbulb

Quote:

Our chief engineer gave everyone a brief update during our recent employee meeting. He said equipment is on the way so we can add a .2 and .3 channel to the KLBK and KAMC signals. He said we're getting Bounce TV back, along with Laff, Grit and Escape. The plan is for them to be up and running around September 1. There was no mention as to which channel is getting which digital network.

Now the question is what will be happening to the KCBD 11.3, KMYL 14.2 & 14.3 and KNKC 29.5 channels? It would be nice to see Antenna TV, Cozi TV, Decades or Comet show up in Lubbock.

Last edited by tvfan2011; 06-23-2016 at 08:50 AM.
post #1235 of 1243 Old 06-24-2016, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Our chief engineer gave everyone a brief update during our recent employee meeting. He said equipment is on the way so we can add a .2 and .3 channel to the KLBK and KAMC signals. He said we're getting Bounce TV back, along with Laff, Grit and Escape. The plan is for them to be up and running around September 1. There was no mention as to which channel is getting which digital network.

Now the question is what will be happening to the KCBD 11.3, KMYL 14.2 & 14.3 and KNKC 29.5 channels? It would be nice to see Antenna TV, Cozi TV, Decades or Comet show up in Lubbock.

Thx for the update! I agree with your choice of new additions as well! I've watched them in other markets and would like to see them in Lubbock!

post #1236 of 1243 Old 06-25-2016, 02:11 PM

I'm not sure if anyone has ever mentioned this before on here but the FETV channel on AT&T Uverse (578) and on Dish Network (82) simulcasts a good bit of Cozi TV during the day.

I'd rather have our own affiliate here in Lubbock though.
post #1237 of 1243 Old 08-16-2016, 04:41 PM

Quote:

Any news/updates on this?

post #1238 of 1243 Old 08-17-2016, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelucky1 View Post

The last update was the diginets should be up by September 1, if not sooner. I still don't know if we're getting all four of them or just certain ones.

Our next monthly staff meeting is this afternoon. Hopefully the chief engineer will give us an update and I'll have more to share.
post #1239 of 1243 Old 08-17-2016, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelucky1 View Post

Quote:
The last update was the diginets should be up by September 1, if not sooner. I still don't know if we're getting all four of them or just certain ones.

Our next monthly staff meeting is this afternoon. Hopefully the chief engineer will give us an update and I'll have more to share.
The diginets should be up on KAMC and KLBK on September 1, maybe a bit sooner. The general manager said we're getting all four diginets. Two will go on KLBK and two on KAMC. There was no mention as to which diginets are going on which station. We'll all have to wait and see.
post #1240 of 1243 Old 08-17-2016, 06:51 PM

Quote:
The diginets should be up on KAMC and KLBK on September 1, maybe a bit sooner. The general manager said we're getting all four diginets. Two will go on KLBK and two on KAMC. There was no mention as to which diginets are going on which station. We'll all have to wait and see.

Sweet thx for the update!

post #1241 of 1243 Old 08-19-2016, 06:47 PM

The KAMC and KLBK diginets are up as of 8:00 Friday evening. Unless any changes are made here is the lineup so far:

13.1 CBS
13.2 Laff

28.1 ABC
28.2 Escape
28.3 Bounce TV

Note:
Ramar still has Laff on 14.2 and Escape on 14.3 as of Friday evening. DTV America still has Bounce TV on 29.5 as well. These may change over the weekend or next week.

Also Grit is still on 11.3 this evening. I'm not sure if Raycom is keeping it or it will show up on 13.3 eventually.
post #1242 of 1243 Old 08-19-2016, 07:22 PM

Quote:
The KAMC and KLBK diginets are up as of 8:00 Friday evening. Unless any changes are made here is the lineup so far:

13.1 CBS

13.2 Laff

28.1 ABC

28.2 Escape

28.3 Bounce TV

Note:

Ramar still has Laff on 14.2 and Escape on 14.3 as of Friday evening. DTV America still has Bounce TV on 29.5 as well. These may change over the weekend or next week.

Also Grit is still on 11.3 this evening. I'm not sure if Raycom is keeping it or it will show up on 13.3 eventually.

Nice! Thx for the update!

post #1243 of 1243 Old Today, 01:13 PM

Here are the official announcements for the diginets on KLBK and KAMC. These were posted on their website Monday afternoon.

Nexstar's KLBK to Bring Local Viewers More Exciting Programming With Launch Of New Channel
http://www.everythinglubbock.com/new...of-new-channel

KAMC to Bring Lubbock Viewers More Exciting Programming With Launch Of 2 New Channels
http://www.everythinglubbock.com/new...2-new-channels
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception