post #23461 of 23464 Old 05-25-2014, 04:33 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Music View Post

I just got a call from TWC saying that some kind of digital changes are coming soon. They mentioned some kind of digital adapter is needed. I already have a tuning adapter for my Tivo S3 HD. Are they the same thing? Do they do the same thing?

Please advise,
Ben Music

http://www.timewarnercable.com/en/residential-home/support/topics/tv/digital-adapters.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #23462 of 23464 Old 05-26-2014, 11:46 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Music View Post

I just got a call from TWC saying that some kind of digital changes are coming soon. They mentioned some kind of digital adapter is needed. I already have a tuning adapter for my Tivo S3 HD. Are they the same thing? Do they do the same thing?

Please advise,
Ben Music
They'll be scrambling many of the channels. So if you don't have a TWC box or DVR they won't work. They will provide free adapter but I'm not sure how that works and I believe it's only free for 12 or 18 months.

The letter I saw indicated some channels (probably the locals) will still be available to TVs and other devices that can decode the Clear QAM signal. However the channels and frequency may be moving so you'll need to rescan for channels after the system updates.

I'm using a "Simple TV" DVR and hope all the local channels (and sub channels) are still in the clear.
post #23463 of 23464 Old 06-26-2014, 02:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Just wanted to publicly thank TWC for my $12 monthly increase in my bill! If I just didn't have all these trees....

post #23464 of 23464 Old 07-03-2014, 06:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Late responding here, but about the TWC DTA scrambling:

I only have analog expanded basic here right now, and sure enough, channels like WVPX/23 are only displaying the "get a DTA" static message with a white screen.

I did a clear QAM scan and all the missing channels are there digitally, including Retro TV affiliates WAOH-LP/29 and WIVM-LD/39. (Yes, last I checked, I can now get WIVM via clear QAM in Akron.)

The mess is that there's no PSIP for any of these channels. I believe WAOH is on 97.1 and WIVM is on 90.63, but that's just from memory since I haven't looked in some time.

WVPX has PSIP as usual as WVPX HD, since it always had it since they added the HD feed.

I get scattered local access channels, including for Stow, Silver Lake and Doylestown.

Again, this is all clear QAM only. The only channel I haven't been able to find in this mess is the Akron Public Schools on 15. 15 doesn't have that static message on analog, and I'm sure APS 15 is in the clear QAM scan somewhere...I just haven't gotten to most of the non-labeled channels to check yet.

It is correct that the DTA is only free for a year.
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page