Cleveland, OH - TWC - Page 784 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

Old 05-30-2015, 07:10 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Wow this box is fast nothing to report as I just got it installed and took the kids swimming but it boots and operates so stinking fast even the tech saw it as well and liked how quick it was. Also i know my signal always g
Toed the line but with this box j had to have a amp installed (I am too far off the road). This box is well worth cost!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2015, 07:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Sorry about cables I put it in a side room with plans on moving it to theater/main room

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-04-2015, 07:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
WEWS 5.3 "LAFF" was on an unlabeled QAM channel, but just yesterday, started with a 5.3 label. I didn't even have to rescan channels.
Old 06-04-2015, 05:49 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So for those wanting a report about the "Enhanced DVR"...

I rushed out and grabbed one of these after work today once I discovered that they had become available. The press release from 5/27 states that they're available for "Central Ohio" but a quick conversation with @TWCHelp on Twitter revealed that the entire midwest can get them now.

The box is the Cisco 9865HDC. It's lightning, lightning fast. It boots up fast. It runs fast. The new UI is available as a feature that you have to turn on in the menus. It's definitely built off of the same platform as the previous UI (which is still available to use on the box) but it's laid out more sensibly. I've gotten most of my shows set to record again, but it appears to be reliant on the web platform (think iOS app, twctv.com, etc.) in order to work properly. My account is still updating to reflect the new MAC address and new box, so right now all the shows I've set to record have not shown up in my series manager. Once it's reporting to the web platform, I'll check back to make sure everything is working properly.

Other than that, there's not much to say. 1 TB of space and six tuners... totally worth the +$10 TWC will charge you to convert to one of these if you're a heavy usage household.

Time Warner Cable NEO
Old Today, 02:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Is it just me or has anyone else experienced a huge increase in sound volume everytime a TWC promo commercial comes on? It happens every time on any station (I'm talking on the HD tier). It is at least 8-10 clicks higher than what I have my sound bar is set at before the commercial starts. It's a real pain. Just wondering.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement