Nashville, TN - Comcast - Page 122 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #3631 of 3802 Old 05-02-2012, 12:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 24
I will say that even though their cable is sub par for what I and most thinks it should be, their phone service is probably their best feature. I have had it for I believe 3 years without a problem from it.

Because of their cable and a couple other issues I am considering switching but I'm hesitant because I have hear other services are even worse.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3632 of 3802 Old 05-03-2012, 09:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 29
We've had the triple-play for over 5 years and for us everything has worked really good with very few 'down' times.

"..where you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

post #3633 of 3802 Old 05-12-2012, 07:32 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by janryAVS View Post

I would call Comcast support and ask about this except everytime I call them I have to (1) spend an extra 10 minutes trying to convince them the number I'm calling from is indeed the one associated with the account and has been for 16 years, (2) hold for 5 minutes for them to fix their account information so the next time I call the phone number will be right (but it never is), (3) unplug the set-top box for 5 minutes and restart it and my TiVo to prove to them the problem isn't on my end, (4) get transferred to someone else that wants to go through the same ordeal as (1)-(3), (5) get disconnnected, and finally (6) sit though a sales pitch for triple play (like I want their phone service when they can't even get cable right).

I notice the schedule in the guide for CSSHD just shows "off-air", what do they even use that channel for, is there no full time HD feed of CSS?
post #3634 of 3802 Old 05-13-2012, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_N_T View Post

I notice the schedule in the guide for CSSHD just shows "off-air", what do they even use that channel for, is there no full time HD feed of CSS?

Hmmm! My TiVo has guide for it. I would have sworn the cable box did also. At least, I believe it did. I wish the Tivo didn't if they are going to have it off the air.

The only time I recall the channel being used is during college football season and then, only when they show live games.
post #3635 of 3802 Old 05-20-2012, 10:21 AM

Anybody know when the Nashville Comcast system is going to get all the Game HD(GMHD) channels for MLB Extra Innings? They are available as I see on the iNDemand Revised 2012 MLB Innings Schedule that it shows HD channels all the way up to GMHD09, except for GMHD01 and GameHD02, the rest are not carried here in Nashville on Comcast.
post #3636 of 3802 Old 05-26-2012, 08:04 AM

Anybody else see the WatchESPN commercial, it shows you being able to watch ESPN and Xfinity is one of the providers that it is available from, but that commercial is pretty much false. Because when you try and use the WatchESPN app it does not show Xfinity as one of the providers that the content is available from and when you try to watch anything but live events at WatchESPN.com it says the same thing, that Xfinity is not one of the providers that you watch something like Sportscenter with, it is only available with Time Warner,Bright House, Verizon FIOS or Verizon Broadband. Very frustrating that ESPN themselves are providing misleading information.On a note, I have an android, so I can't attest to whether it works or not on an iOS device.

EDIT: I just found a link through the Xfinity website that allows me to use the WatchESPN function to watch the live ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU streams, although it makes no sense to me why it will work here but when I go to the WatchESPN website it tells me that Xfinity is not an available provider, someone to needs to fix that as it appears to be in error, also it seems like they just haven't added Xfinity to the list of providers for the WatchESPN on Android only
post #3637 of 3802 Old 05-26-2012, 08:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Anybody else see the WatchESPN commercial, it shows you being able to watch ESPN and Xfinity is one of the providers that it is available from, but that commercial is pretty much false. Because when you try and use the WatchESPN app it does not show Xfinity as one of the providers that the content is available from and when you try to watch anything but live events at WatchESPN.com it says the same thing, that Xfinity is not one of the providers that you watch something like Sportscenter with, it is only available with Time Warner,Bright House, Verizon FIOS or Verizon Broadband. Very frustrating that ESPN themselves are providing misleading information.On a note, I have an android, so I can't attest to whether it works or not on an iOS device.

Haven't tried the app but you can watch ESPN on any device you have an internet connection w/Xfinity. I watched ESPN 'live' on my work computer the day this became available (a few weeks ago).

post #3638 of 3802 Old 05-26-2012, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janryAVS View Post

Hmmm! My TiVo has guide for it. I would have sworn the cable box did also. At least, I believe it did. I wish the Tivo didn't if they are going to have it off the air.

The only time I recall the channel being used is during college football season and then, only when they show live games.

Now looks like CSSHD is live full-time, there is a football program currently airing and I see a full-time schedule on channel 1671, it does go "off-air" during the middle of the night, presumably when there is no programming whatsoever.
post #3639 of 3802 Old 05-26-2012, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wryker View Post

Haven't tried the app but you can watch ESPN on any device you have an internet connection w/Xfinity. I watched ESPN 'live' on my work computer the day this became available (a few weeks ago).

DOH! I didn't see that they list comcast at the watchespn website now, my bad
post #3640 of 3802 Old 06-01-2012, 07:38 AM

Liked: 13
Can someone tell me what new box Comcast is replacing the DCX3400-M boxes with? My hard drive died on the DCX3400 (service menu showed temp of 491F) and the Comcast guy installing it this morning told my wife that this new box is in very high demand. He said it had a bigger hard drive, but was smaller than the DCX3400. She said he just told her it was the MOCA. What brand and model would this be?
post #3641 of 3802 Old 06-03-2012, 05:00 PM

Quote:

Now looks like CSSHD is live full-time, there is a football program currently airing and I see a full-time schedule on channel 1671, it does go "off-air" during the middle of the night, presumably when there is no programming whatsoever.

I've checed 1671 several times since your post and it has been black everytime.
post #3642 of 3802 Old 06-06-2012, 08:33 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke32 View Post

Can someone tell me what new box Comcast is replacing the DCX3400-M boxes with? My hard drive died on the DCX3400 (service menu showed temp of 491F) and the Comcast guy installing it this morning told my wife that this new box is in very high demand. He said it had a bigger hard drive, but was smaller than the DCX3400. She said he just told her it was the MOCA. What brand and model would this be?

I am curious what the current Nashville Comcast rental HD DVR is. Storage in HD hours or in gb? Dual tuner or single? Rents for $17 a month?

Considering another HD Tivo and cable card, but want to know what the rental box is first.

Thanks
post #3643 of 3802 Old 06-06-2012, 09:16 AM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwynne View Post

I am curious what the current Nashville Comcast rental HD DVR is. Storage in HD hours or in gb? Dual tuner or single? Rents for $17 a month?
Considering another HD Tivo and cable card, but want to know what the rental box is first.
Thanks

The new box is the Motorola DCX 3501 with the 500gb HD, dual tuner. Not sure if Comcast has enabled the option, but there is an eSATA port to add your own external HD to expand the storage capacity.
post #3644 of 3802 Old 06-07-2012, 03:46 PM
Advanced Member

I have an HD Tivo with an M cablecard that has been working for years on limited basic. I upgraded to digital preferred package and after several calls and a re-pair I got more SD channels - but no additional HD channels (locals in HD only). Not all SD channels listed in the pack are working, but most seem to be. IIt is likely that I still have a trap on the pole from the analog cable days, if that matters. On the missing SD and HD channels the Tivo shows 100% signal strength, so it is authorization?

Are the HD channels included with the preferred pack? There is an extra HD fee ($10) but that is for an HD cable box, I thought. If I added an HD DVR to my account (for a 2nd room) for $17 (?) would that get me HD access? I know folks with HD channels and no extra fees but I have been told by some reps the HD is extra, others say included...

Thanks
post #3645 of 3802 Old 06-07-2012, 04:37 PM
AVS Special Member

You need to pay for the HD package if you want the non-local stations in HD. We have the expensive triple play package that comes w/the HD package. Otherwise you're stuck w/just the locals and all others in digital. You should get all the SD stations though.

post #3646 of 3802 Old 06-08-2012, 09:55 AM
Advanced Member

So if I run by Comcast and pick up a Motorola DCX 3501 they would add $27 a month to my bill ($10 HD fee plus $17 DVR rental) ? Or would it just be $17? Would I then get HD on my cablecard TiVo too?
post #3647 of 3802 Old 06-08-2012, 11:36 AM
Advanced Member

On a related note, did Comcast close the Hermitage location? It shows up on a Google search still but is not shown on CC's locator. You also can't call the local locations any more, I the numbers I tried roll to some nationwide call center now.
post #3648 of 3802 Old 06-08-2012, 01:53 PM
Advanced Member

They were out of 3501 boxes when my wife got there, so they gave her a 500gb dual tuner 3400. Pretty much the same?
post #3649 of 3802 Old 06-09-2012, 09:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

So if I run by Comcast and pick up a Motorola DCX 3501 they would add $27 a month to my bill ($10 HD fee plus $17 DVR rental) ? Or would it just be $17? Would I then get HD on my cablecard TiVo too?

Their pricing is insanely difficult to follow (and they change it all the time): you will pay a fee for the DVR and the HD fee. $17/month seems high for their box though. Yes, once you get the HD "package" all the HD stations will be on your TiVo. smile.gif
We have 2 HD Tivo's.

post #3650 of 3802 Old 06-10-2012, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janryAVS View Post

I've checed 1671 several times since your post and it has been black everytime.

It was there for a short time and gone again, I have no idea whats going on.
post #3651 of 3802 Old 06-11-2012, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_N_T View Post

It was there for a short time and gone again, I have no idea whats going on.
I i have a feeling they only have it active for live events. That would be OK with me if the guide reflected it. It's annoying to set the DVR only to find nothing has been recorded.
post #3652 of 3802 Old 06-12-2012, 09:57 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

They were out of 3501 boxes when my wife got there, so they gave her a 500gb dual tuner 3400. Pretty much the same?

They told us wrong, they gave us a 250gb 3400 :-( Now we have to go through the hassle of trying to find the right box and swapping it out...
post #3653 of 3802 Old 07-09-2012, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janryAVS View Post

I i have a feeling they only have it active for live events. That would be OK with me if the guide reflected it. It's annoying to set the DVR only to find nothing has been recorded.

Nope, it was the full CSS HD feed, but they took it down again for some unknown reason.
post #3654 of 3802 Old 07-11-2012, 08:30 AM

Anyone else see a Verizon FIOS commercial last night on MYTV WUXP TV 30 w/ Craig Robinson from the Office? I didn't think Nashville had FIOS, which is why I found that very strange? Maybe it ran it error? I have no idea, but I did see it and I was watching tv with other people who saw it as well.
post #3655 of 3802 Old 07-11-2012, 08:49 AM
AVS Special Member

^^ Nashville will never get FIOS (unfortunately). It might have been a national ad spot.

post #3656 of 3802 Old 07-12-2012, 04:57 AM

Is the Anyroom DVR available in Nashville? Where you can record on one DVR but watch the recording on up to 3 other DVRs in your home.

If yes, does anyone have it, and does it work well?
post #3657 of 3802 Old 07-28-2012, 09:13 AM

If you have a digital box there is a dedicated search function for the 2012 Summer Olympics to show all the channels that events are currently airing on, also there are two special "feed" channels for basketball and soccer and also a 3D feed channel from NBC.
post #3658 of 3802 Old 08-29-2012, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_N_T View Post

Nope, it was the full CSS HD feed, but they took it down again for some unknown reason.

There has never been a fulltime CSS HD in Nashville. The channel is only used to show HD versions of select games.
post #3659 of 3802 Old 08-30-2012, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice1138 View Post

There has never been a fulltime CSS HD in Nashville. The channel is only used to show HD versions of select games.

Thank you for clearing that up.

Do you know why Comcast has shows in the guide data for 1671 when the channel is actually black? is there a way the customer can tell which programs will actually air on 1671?
post #3660 of 3802 Old 09-01-2012, 05:37 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Check your bill under the 'News from Comcast' section it probably states this:

Your area will be previewing CSS HD full time on HD Digital Starter
Channel 1671 starting August 31st, 2012, and officially launching on
October 14th, 2012.

I live in Knoxville and have family members living in Nashville and they said there bill stated the above. Knoxville has had the full time HD feed up for about 5 days now and its on the same channel 1671, we also just had our duplicated HD channel numbers below 1000 removed recently.

They have been promoting the launch on there website also:
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page