6Likes

post #26671 of 26696 Old 01-21-2015, 08:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 20
January 21, 2015

The previously announced cease carriage of Live Well has been postponed.
The previously announced move of College Football has been postponed.
The previously announced change of Pivot will now occur on January 29, 2015. As a reminder, Pivot will be added to our Variety Pass service offering.
On or about January 30, 2015 WGN America will change from our Starter TV service offering to our Standard TV service offering.
On or about February 19, 2015 we will cease carriage of MLS Direct Kick.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #26672 of 26696 Old 01-26-2015, 09:21 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyone else seeing NY1 only being broadcasted in SD? I'm in Park Slope/Windsor Terrace area.
post #26673 of 26696 Old 01-27-2015, 04:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 214 Post(s)
Liked: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR_in_NYC View Post
Anyone else seeing NY1 only being broadcasted in SD? I'm in Park Slope/Windsor Terrace area.
Mine is in HD. Try rebooting.
post #26674 of 26696 Old 01-27-2015, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos_E View Post
Mine is in HD. Try rebooting.
Rebooted my STB, by going to the diag screen and rebooting it there. NY1 still is in SD, guess I'll need to call them.
post #26675 of 26696 Old 01-27-2015, 08:23 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR_in_NYC View Post
Rebooted my STB, by going to the diag screen and rebooting it there. NY1 still is in SD, guess I'll need to call them.
There must be a technical problem with the HD that they are purposely mapping 1 to the SD. NY1 is having higher than average viewership due to winter storm Juno so many viewers that never watched before may have wiring or other problems that wasn't realized til yesterday and flooded the call centers with complaints.
post #26676 of 26696 Old 02-01-2015, 01:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 242
My channels look like SD of lately, don't know what's going on but the local ch seem a little soft. I've been too lazy to see what's the issue until today

I'm using a Tivo premium, with one of those digital boxes attached to it.

Very annoying.

Thanks

Djoel
post #26677 of 26696 Old 02-04-2015, 07:18 AM
AVS Special Member

February 4, 2015

The previously announced cease carriage of MLS Direct Kick will not occur.
The previously announced change effecting WGN America will now occur on or about February 27, 2015. As a reminder WGN America will change from our Starter TV service offering to our Standard TV service offering.
On or about March 1, 2015 InDemand 3 will move from ch. 662 to ch. 1842.
post #26678 of 26696 Old 02-10-2015, 01:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 11
What HD channels are we missing at this point? I feel like it's been a very long time since we got any new ones.

(BTW, my box just updated)

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built, and it is terrific." - Michael Caine, on Jaws the Revenge
post #26679 of 26696 Old 02-10-2015, 06:26 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalfreakNYC View Post
What HD channels are we missing at this point? I feel like it's been a very long time since we got any new ones.

(BTW, my box just updated)
This is what I have for Time Warner Cable NYC. If anyone can correct what I have here, please do. It's hard keeping track of what is actually HD with Time Warner's new lineups.

Here's what Time Warner Cable carries in SD in NY, but does not have in HD.

BabyFirst TV HD - An HD feed is supposed to be launching for Bright House Networks soon.
Daystar HD
Fox Sports 2 HD
FXM HD - Time Warner carries this in HD out west, but not on the East Coast for whatever reason. This, and FS2, are probably the biggest missing channels with SD carriage.
Great American Country HD
INSP HD - I know TWC added this in HD throughout NY State, but what I have here does not show it for NYC.
Jewelry TV HD - TWC has this in HD in the Carolinas.
Music Choice HD - The only provider to carry these in HD is Cox.
Pac 12 Regional Channels HD - Some of the programming notices say these are in HD, depending on the region. I know Albany once claimed to be getting them in HD.
Pivot HD
SEC Network Alternate HD
TBN HD

There's a ton of international channels with HD equivalents, but for the most part, only Charter carries those.

As for channels not carried by TWC NYC carried in other TWC markets, you have RFD TV HD and Sportsman Channel HD. The only other things carried that TWC has anywhere in HD are carried on a very regional basis like Longhorn Network HD (TX only) and AXS.TV and HDNet Movies (only carried on former Insight systems in KY and OH).
post #26680 of 26696 Old 02-11-2015, 06:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by oriolesmagic View Post
This is what I have for Time Warner Cable NYC. If anyone can correct what I have here, please do. It's hard keeping track of what is actually HD with Time Warner's new lineups.
Spoiler!

As for channels not carried by TWC NYC carried in other TWC markets, you have RFD TV HD and Sportsman Channel HD. The only other things carried that TWC has anywhere in HD are carried on a very regional basis like Longhorn Network HD (TX only) and AXS.TV and HDNet Movies (only carried on former Insight systems in KY and OH).
Wow. Thank you for that list! Doesn't seem like we're missing much of anything important, though I'd really LOVE HDNet and AXS back

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built, and it is terrific." - Michael Caine, on Jaws the Revenge
post #26681 of 26696 Old 02-11-2015, 10:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Here's what Time Warner Cable carries in SD in NY, but does not have in HD.

BabyFirst TV HD - An HD feed is supposed to be launching for Bright House Networks soon.
Daystar HD
Fox Sports 2 HD
FXM HD - Time Warner carries this in HD out west, but not on the East Coast for whatever reason. This, and FS2, are probably the biggest missing channels with SD carriage.
Great American Country HD
INSP HD - I know TWC added this in HD throughout NY State, but what I have here does not show it for NYC.
Jewelry TV HD - TWC has this in HD in the Carolinas.
Music Choice HD - The only provider to carry these in HD is Cox.
Pac 12 Regional Channels HD - Some of the programming notices say these are in HD, depending on the region. I know Albany once claimed to be getting them in HD.
Pivot HD
SEC Network Alternate HD
TBN HD

There's a ton of international channels with HD equivalents, but for the most part, only Charter carries those.

We have the Pac 12 alternates in HD
post #26682 of 26696 Old 02-12-2015, 08:09 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berk32 View Post
We have the Pac 12 alternates in HD
What about INSP on 461?
post #26683 of 26696 Old 02-12-2015, 08:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
What about INSP on 461?
nope - I checked everything on the list
post #26684 of 26696 Old 02-19-2015, 09:34 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just noticed that at some point, recently, my Cisco 8640HDC was updated from ODN version 7.3.0.29 to ODN version 7.3.1.6. What's new and improved in this version?
post #26685 of 26696 Old 02-23-2015, 07:19 AM

Hello all,
Hoping you can give me some help.

Is anyone from Glendale, Middle Village Queens haveing constant video and audio breakups.

I am in Glendale and know people by me and in Middle Village having the exact same issues.

My problem is getting TWC to recognize this as a area problem and not a visit to me to check my
cable box. I know others have called but I am still getting no where with them.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Ronnie
post #26686 of 26696 Old 02-23-2015, 07:30 AM
Advanced Member

You and your neighbors must book a service call for the level 1 tech to determine if the problem is within your home or an area problem. For the people that called, what was the resolution?

A majority of service calls in the industry especially in 100% all digital systems is video and audio breakup or slow internet speeds. Even though the problem is common, the cause is usually something in the customer's premises and that is for techs to determine. Outages or widespread problems are determined by call volume in a given area within a short time span. The phone reps while mostly not too technical will laugh at any customers calling to tell them what the problem is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronster515 View Post
Hello all,
Hoping you can give me some help.

Is anyone from Glendale, Middle Village Queens haveing constant video and audio breakups.

I am in Glendale and know people by me and in Middle Village having the exact same issues.

My problem is getting TWC to recognize this as a area problem and not a visit to me to check my
cable box. I know others have called but I am still getting no where with them.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Ronnie
post #26687 of 26696 Old 02-23-2015, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyctveng View Post
You and your neighbors must book a service call for the level 1 tech to determine if the problem is within your home or an area problem. For the people that called, what was the resolution?

A majority of service calls in the industry especially in 100% all digital systems is video and audio breakup or slow internet speeds. Even though the problem is common, the cause is usually something in the customer's premises and that is for techs to determine. Outages or widespread problems are determined by call volume in a given area within a short time span. The phone reps while mostly not too technical will laugh at any customers calling to tell them what the problem is.
No one wants to waste there time with a service call knowing that it is stupid due to others having the same issues.

It is really a shame that it has come to this.

I personally think that there are not to many that have TWC in the area anymore. See so many dishes and FIOS trucks
doing installs.

Ronnie

Well if anyone is having the issue please make the call and let them know.
post #26688 of 26696 Old 02-23-2015, 08:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
No one wants to waste there time with a service call knowing that it is stupid due to others having the same issues.

It is really a shame that it has come to this.

I personally think that there are not to many that have TWC in the area anymore. See so many dishes and FIOS trucks
doing installs.

Ronnie

Well if anyone is having the issue please make the call and let them know.
Others may have the same issue but the cause is likely in or close to your home. Neighbors and others on this board calling with their specific problem won't likely solve your individual issue. Perhaps you should consider switching to another provider if indeed TWC is providing bad service in your area.....or just book a service call. They provide 1 hour windows now for that. Good luck.
post #26689 of 26696 Old 02-23-2015, 08:07 AM

Dont know if you or anyone else is familier with the area but I am by Atlas Park Mall in Glendale and others
with the same issue are by Our Lady of Hope in Middle Village.

This is a very large span of an area.

Ronnie
post #26690 of 26696 Old 02-23-2015, 08:25 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Dont know if you or anyone else is familier with the area but I am by Atlas Park Mall in Glendale and others
with the same issue are by Our Lady of Hope in Middle Village.

This is a very large span of an area.

Ronnie
So say you have a bad connector in your house causing issues. How will someone else that happens to be in your area with say a bad splitter on the side of his house fix your problem?
post #26691 of 26696 Old 02-23-2015, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyctveng View Post
So say you have a bad connector in your house causing issues. How will someone else that happens to be in your area with say a bad splitter on the side of his house fix your problem?
I am saying that this is a problem in a hub that feeds the area.

I know that when we get internet speed upgrades it goes by hub area and MV & Glendale are on the same hub.

Ronnie
post #26692 of 26696 Old 02-23-2015, 08:38 AM

nyctveng are you a TWC tech?

Ronnie
post #26693 of 26696 Old 02-26-2015, 12:03 AM
AVS Special Member

February 25, 2015

On February 24, 2015 we ceased carriage of Bounce TV.
The previously announced change effecting WGN America will now occur on or about February 27, 2015. As a reminder WGN America will change from our Starter TV service offering to our Standard TV service offering.
The previously announced change effecting InDemand 3 will now occur on April 1, 2015.
Starting on April 10, 2015 and ending on April 13, 2015 a free preview of HBO/MAX will be provided to Internet Only and Digital TV customers in select areas. May contain PG, PG-13, TV-14, TVMA and R rated programs. To block preview and for parental controls information visit twc.com or call 1-800-TWCABLE.
post #26694 of 26696 Old Yesterday, 07:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 15
FiOS is finally available, so I pulled the trigger. I'll see if the TV quality is that much better. Overall, pretty happy with the TWC Signature service, but I really need the faster uplink speed so I didn't have much of a choice.

Will report back after next Saturday install.

hsb
Carlos_E likes this.

Thanks,
Hansang
post #26695 of 26696 Old Yesterday, 10:36 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 4
have not seen twc hd. how does twc hd compare to directv hd picture quality is it even a fair comparison. I was mulling getting their triple play as their maxx internet speed is decent bargain wise. Im paying 27 a month for 50/5.
post #26696 of 26696 Old Today, 05:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by uhfyagi View Post
have not seen twc hd. how does twc hd compare to directv hd picture quality is it even a fair comparison. I was mulling getting their triple play as their maxx internet speed is decent bargain wise. Im paying 27 a month for 50/5.
I think TWC's HD is just fine. But people tell me FiOS is *that* much better. We'll see in a week. As for DirecTV, I *think*TWC is better. But I don't know that I would be able to tell the difference in a blind test. (no pun intended)

hsb

Thanks,
Hansang
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception