New York, NY - TWC - Page 892 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 9Likes

Old 12-30-2015, 06:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Sounds like a signal problem - you should have them send out a tech.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnellKrell View Post
My computer is so old that it wouldn't recognize if there were a slowdown - it's always slow.

But, what I am experiencing has to do with TV reception.

On a few cable channels the picture will freeze and eventually go to black, then reappear.

I've switched to other channels immediately and no problem. So, I assume it's not my HDTV.

This only happens on some cable networks, not ABC, CBS, NBC or Fox.

Could this be a headend problem, or am I getting a weak signal?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2016, 12:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Looks my old Samsung box is starting to crap out on me. Does anyone know what the latest available HD box is? Any improvements for us?

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built, and it is terrific." - Michael Caine, on Jaws the Revenge
Old 02-14-2016, 05:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalfreakNYC View Post
Looks my old Samsung box is starting to crap out on me. Does anyone know what the latest available HD box is? Any improvements for us?
Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built, and it is terrific." - Michael Caine, on Jaws the Revenge
Old 02-14-2016, 09:16 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Since your area already has Maxx, you should be able to get the Cisco 9800 series boxes if they're offered there. Try any TWC store or office and ask.
Old 02-14-2016, 10:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbclev View Post
Since your area already has Maxx, you should be able to get the Cisco 9800 series boxes if they're offered there. Try any TWC store or office and ask.
What benefit does the Cisco have? Isn't that the more expensive one? Does it improve PQ/compression at all?

Old 02-15-2016, 08:08 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
What benefit does the Cisco have? Isn't that the more expensive one? Does it improve PQ/compression at all?
I'll attach a PDF file about the 9800 series, but the big thing is that it can handle H.264 compression.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Cisco Explorer 9800 Multi-Screen Gateway Series.pdf (375.8 KB, 34 views)
Old 02-19-2016, 01:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbclev View Post
I'll attach a PDF file about the 9800 series, but the big thing is that it can handle H.264 compression.
I went to TWC today and they gave me a Cisco 8742. Clearly not the same thing. PQ looks exactly the same.

I'm really starting to think that it's just the compression that they put on it. Is it worth me going to track down the enhanced DVR's?

Last edited by DigitalfreakNYC; 02-19-2016 at 01:58 PM.
Old 03-13-2016, 10:45 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
3/2/16

In addition, from time to time we make certain changes in the services that we offer in order to better serve our customers. The following changes are planned:
FX may no longer be carried on channel 10, but will continue to be carried on channel 108.
On or about March 7, 2016, in Manhattan, we will launch MNN HD on ch. 1993. MNN HD will be part of our Starter TV service offering.
On or about March 15, 2016 WGN America may be repositioned from our Starter TV service offering to our Standard TV service offering.
On or about March 31, 2016 Time Warner Cable Noticias NY1 will change from our Variety Pass service offering to our Starter TV service offering.
On or about April 5, 2016 we will launch BUZZR on ch. 1265. BUZZR will be part of our Starter TV service offering.
Starting on April 8, 2016 and ending on April 10, 2016 a free preview of STARZ will be provided to all TV customers with a digital set-top box, and may contain PG, PG-13, TV-14, TV-MA and R rated programs. To block this preview and for Parental Control information, visit twc.com or call 1-800-TWCABLE. Restrictions may apply.
On or about April 12, 2016 we will cease carriage of Al Jazeera America.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

taboola here