AVS Forum banner

New York, NY - TWC

3M views 27K replies 1K participants last post by  G1Ravage 
#1 ·
Well, in that other thread (that discussed the 3100 -> 3510 transition) a bunch of folks were saying we should do this, so here it is!

I haven't called yet to try to swap my box out. Reports from some about marginal PQ improvements are making me stay put for the moment...

Maybe I'll try to get one for my bedroom to replace the SD box in there...

TM

#17,822 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berk32 /forum/post/15485568

There's also a difference in the types of tv snow... if you want to hear more

Do tell?

#17,824 ·
I have my 8300HDC set to record Hannity & Colmes every night as I don't get to watch until later in the evening. For at least the past month or so while fast-forward through the commercials I will often lose the picture. This only happens with the FoxNews channel.

Anyone else having a similar issue? Is it a conspiracy
??

#17,825 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by realdeal1115 /forum/post/15490897

I have my 8300HDC set to record Hannity & Colmes every night as I don't get to watch until later in the evening. For at least the past month or so while fast-forward through the commercials I will often lose the picture. This only happens with the FoxNews channel.

Anyone else having a similar issue? Is it a conspiracy
??

Yes... The liberals want Neocon Sean Hanity head in a silver plate.. LOL....

#17,828 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee7n /forum/post/15486682

Do they have any actual HD content?

The studio stuff, while at 4:3 sure looks like the resolution of HD. I think they do have some 16:9 HD field cams...

Some of the news from the local channels use 16:9 SD field cams, so it's all over the lot.

Undoubtedly, the transition will be slow and gradual. I'm actually noticing a lot more 16:9 commercials this past month than in past years.

#17,829 ·
Hi everyone

I've been reading through these posts trying to see if I can find my issue but nothing seems to fit.

I live in lower manhattan and have recently upgraded to the HD DVR box.

In the past 3 months I've had to exchange the box 4 times.

The sound comes in and out on HD stations and and many channels are grayed out. (TBS, Comedy Central, National Geographic)

I can't imagine that its the box when the same issue keeps happening.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I've used both the regular cabels and hdmi.

Thanks

#17,831 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcl7 /forum/post/15495434

Hi everyone

I've been reading through these posts trying to see if I can find my issue but nothing seems to fit.

I live in lower manhattan and have recently upgraded to the HD DVR box.

In the past 3 months I've had to exchange the box 4 times.

The sound comes in and out on HD stations and and many channels are grayed out. (TBS, Comedy Central, National Geographic)

I can't imagine that its the box when the same issue keeps happening.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I've used both the regular cabels and hdmi.

Thanks

have you called TWC about this? Sounds like your signal could be weak.

#17,833 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcl7 /forum/post/15495568

I have. They just keep giving me new boxes. Its getting really frustrating.

Step one, for the first visiting service tech, should have been measuring the signal levels at several frequency bands (STB input) to ensure they're adequate. Keep bugging them and request a supervisor visit if necessary. -- John

#17,834 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berk32 /forum/post/15495540

have you called TWC about this? Sounds like your signal could be weak.

Correct. These are the classic symptoms of a signal that is not strong enough for the digital cable box. It could be as simple as a bad splitter, a bad connector, or wires in your home that need to be re-run. Also, if you are running your own splitter in your home it could be the cause of this if it's not a 1 gigahertz splitter.

#17,836 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott_bernstein /forum/post/15496065

Correct. These are the classic symptoms of a signal that is not strong enough for the digital cable box. It could be as simple as a bad splitter, a bad connector, or wires in your home that need to be re-run. Also, if you are running your own splitter in your home it could be the cause of this if it's not a 1 gigahertz splitter.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

#17,837 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by king of k1ngs /forum/post/15496186

quick question for you guys: i just wanted to know is MTV HD available right now on TWC in Manhattan? I know that Palladia HD is being added here in southern manhattan on Feb 4th but i'd much rather have MTV HD? Thanks for the help in advance

as of now - just PalladiaHD.

but with the new TWC-Viacom deal that was reached on New Years Eve/Day, I figure we'll see the others (MTV, VH-1, Nickelodeon) soon.

#17,840 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.