Ft.Wayne tower work 9-5-03 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 09-05-2003, 05:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
AS of today three of the digital tower antennas are up on the top of the masts. WISE-TV digital 19 analog33 has a crew working on new guy lines and have the gin pole ready to be lifted to the top. The new antenna is still on a crate in the parking lot. WISE digital 19 has the side mounted antenna about 400 feet up and is running 500 watts into it. I just completed an antenna installation eight miles north and used a C.M. 4228. I was amazed to receive dt. 19,36,40-1,40-2. Fox dt 36 is only 200feet on the tower. They are only pushing around 100watts into the short antenna. I live 1 mile east and with a 4228 antenna fox dt 36 will not lock in. WPTA-TV dt 24 is not transmitting as of now. The tower work is done and the hybrid antenna has been in place for over a month. Thats it for now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-05-2003, 07:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I read a post about two weeks ago that WPTA-DT 24 was planning to sign on Sept. 30. Does anyone know if that's still the plan? Thanks.

Steve
post #3 of 3 Old 09-05-2003, 08:43 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I did e-mail WPTA on 9-4 and of course no reply. The new four feed antenna on the top of the tower looks impressive. I sure hope it works well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page