AVS Forum banner

Los Angeles, CA - TWC/Spectrum

1M views 10K replies 712 participants last post by  fleaman 
#1 ·

Welcome to the Time Warner Cable Southern California local thread.

Map of the TWC So Cal service region is at the bottom of this first post.

Many find the following links helpful.

Channel Lineups

Features by TV Plan

Pricing Guides

Programming Alerts

Cable Users FAQ

Forums

Cable Cards & Tuning Adapters

CableCARD Technical Support Desk 866.606.5889 hours: Monday – Friday 5:00 am to 8:00 pm (PDT) Saturday – Sunday 7:00 am to 8:00 pm (PDT)

Road Runner HSI Forum FAQ

Time Warner Cable's Los Angeles WiFi Network Grows to 12K Hotspots

In the greater Los Angeles area there are now more than 12,000 wifi hotspots including the Nixon Library, Hollywood Casting & Film, Santa Monica/West LA, Brea, Downtown, San Fernando Valley, Manhattan Beach and the I-10 Corridor.

Here’s a pretty cool interactive map that will show you exactly where you can get WiFi access – just enter your address and click “Go.”

Also consider downloading the TWC WiFi Finder app for free on Google Play or

This is all part of a larger venture called “CableWiFi” launched in May 2012 and includes Time Warner Cable, Bright House Networks, Cablevision, Comcast and Cox Communications. You can read the official announcement here .

The number of WiFi hotspots is expanding into several additional cities in the future. You’ll see on the map the network has both indoor and outdoor hotspots located in high-traffic locations such as shopping districts, cafés, malls, sports and concert arenas, restaurants, parks and beaches. Learn more about our robust wi-fi presence in L.A. here .

Untangled (Corporate Blog) a look behind the scenes at America's second largest cable company

When you have a suggestion or unresolved situation bring it to the company's attention by email, phone, letter or Live Chat support .

You are not alone

Digital Adapters

A digital adapter is a small device that allows digital television signals to be displayed on your analog TV.

Starting on or about 10/8/13 in Los Angeles, 10/15/13 in San Diego and 10/29/13 for Desert Cities, Yucca Valley, Barstow and Banning, CA some designated channels will be delivered in digital format only. This will not affect any TVs currently connected to a digital set-top box. If you want to view these channels on additional direct-connect analog TVs or similar devices request a Digital Adapter.  The quickest and easiest way to order your equipment is online at Go Digital . If you order an Easy Setup Kit, it is directly mailed to your home at no cost. You may also call toll-free 1-855-TWC-DIGITAL (1-855-892-3444) or visit any payment center location to pick up the equipment or arrange for an installation for an additional charge.

Espanol

On July 31, 2006 Time Warner Cable (TWC) replaced Adelphia and Comcast and serves about 1.9 million subscribers in Los Angeles. This thread merged Adelphia L.A. with TWC L.A. and former Comcast L.A. joined our topic going forward. Adelphia topics remain at the beginning and TWC L.A. posts are at the tail end of this thread.

TWCLA Regional Map

See less See more
Reactions: phildaant
#227 ·
johnty - I had the pixelation problem after the install, as well. I made them come out and swap the box and the new box worked fine. Definitely worth a shot.

fourizonly - the s-video signal will be noticebly better than the composite signal. the box might also have digical audio out.

#228 ·
I just was Checking my HD channels and all of a sudden there is a channel 939!!!Its ESPN HD but Programming says To Be Announced and the black screen says NOT AUTHORIZED ESPN D For Ordering Information Press OK

DO i have to buy it?Or will it come in the package?>

#229 ·

Quote:
Originally posted by H3at
I just was Checking my HD channels and all of a sudden there is a channel 939!!!Its ESPN HD but Programming says To Be Announced and the black screen says NOT AUTHORIZED ESPN D For Ordering Information Press OK

DO i have to buy it?Or will it come in the package?>

press Ok, if they're going to charge you, they will have to let you know and you'll have to confirm it.

#230 ·
Sweet! Ch 939, ESPN HD, is now here on Adelphia in Redondo Beach. Unfortuneately I'm also "not authorized", and pressing "OK" does nothing. Hopefully they'll have it enabled by tomorrow!

#231 ·
939 also appears in Yorba Linda, but I get the same "Not Authorized". This is similar to what happened on Superbowl Sunday with CBS. The channel physically appeared but had no content. Shortly afterwards, it disappeared for a few weeks I believe before it actually came on with content. I am also doing a scan with my built in tuner (look for earlier posts for an explanation) to see if the content is actually there and how it looks.

Jason

#236 ·
ESPN HD launched on Adelphia in Los Angeles on July 30th but requires an additional nominal subscription. I called (888) 683-1000 tonight and the box was authorized before I could hang up the phone.

#237 ·
I'm getting "Not Authorized" for ESPNHD here in Santa Monica as well. I called Adelphia but the line just goes to busy.

bgooch - wish I knew what number your were calling - anytime I call it's at least 15->20 minutes on hold before I actually speak with someone.

Are they charging additional for ESPN HD on top of the premium I'm already paying for HD/HBOHD/SHOHD??

#238 ·

Quote:
Originally posted by bgooch
ESPN HD launched on Adelphia in Los Angeles on July 30th but requires an additional nominal subscription.

Thanks for the info. How much $$$ are we talking here? And I agree with scotes, it should just be part of the regular HD package....

#242 ·
Yeah, I've had HBO-HD and SHO-HD since March. The rep on the phone said "as far as Adelphia is concerned EPSN-HD is covered under the basic HD package, but ESPN has decided that they need to charge on an a-la-carte basis" or some nonsense like that....

#245 ·
Charging extra for ESPNHD ticks me off a bit even though it's only $1.50 and add to that it's not always HD. And when I spoke with Adelphia this morning they gave me conflicting info to what they gave pg_rider - I would think Santa Monica and Redondo both fall under Adelphia SoCal.

#246 ·
I'm too lazy to stay on the line with them for 20 minutes, but it seems like they're charging for it? The only thing they regularly show on ESPNHD in HD is Sportscenter and frankly, I wouldn't pay 25 cents a month to see that in HD. I guess I'll just hold out till football season. That's the only way they'll get me to toss in a few bucks to subscribe.

cyclones22

#249 ·

Quote:
Originally posted by cyclones22
The only thing they regularly show on ESPNHD in HD is Sportscenter and frankly, I wouldn't pay 25 cents a month to see that in HD.

I am pretty sure the topic of ESPNHD having a limited amount of actual HD and the fact that it's upconverted SD is pretty sucky (at least that's my opinion after checking it out this weekend). I fully agree it's ridiculous to charge extra for such a limited amount. Does anybody know offhand (I know I know I should just do a search) if other cable systems are charging extra for it?