Los Angeles, CA - TWC - Page 16 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 260Likes

post #451 of 9475 Old 12-15-2004, 12:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I finally got program info for CinemaxHD (premium, don't subscribe), DiscoveryHD, and some additional crappy local channel (20). However, it still won't let me access DiscoveryHD... hopefully it will be ironed out today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 9475 Old 12-15-2004, 02:44 PM

Discovery HD & Cinemax HD

My bill indicated these channels would be added on Dec. 15. A few days ago, I noticed the channels were appearing in the guide with no program info. Today, there is program info, but when I select the channel, it says not available, click to order. So, I assume this is the same message that eyecannon got, and hopefully by tonight it will appear. I got no information about any TBS HD, and I never heard of that channel; I have heard of TNT HD, but there was no message from adelphia in my bill about that. So any news on those channels would be good to hear.

markt
post #453 of 9475 Old 12-15-2004, 06:49 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Just called Adelphia's 24 hr customer svc number to have Discovery HD enabled and according to "Carlos" it's "not in their system". Curious, considering there's a message on my TV to CALL ADELPHIA TO ORDER THIS CHANNEL!!!!! Maybe I'll try back in an hour...

LSA One Monitors, LSA LCR Center, LSA On Wall surrounds, dual Hsu VTF-3 subs, Denon AVR-X4000, Adcom GFA-6000 amp, UTurn Orbit turntable, Samsung UN75HU8550
post #454 of 9475 Old 12-15-2004, 06:58 PM

I called about adding DiscoveryHD and I was told that it was not extra, but part of the normal HD package. She told me that they are working on getting the channel up and that I should have it soon.

octavian
post #455 of 9475 Old 12-16-2004, 11:26 AM

Moxi outage & Discovery HD

Last night, Moxi went out. I could only watch what I had already recorded; none of the live tv channels were coming in. Same this morning. When I called the rep said it was a problem with Moxi boxes in my area (Valley) and they hope to fix it soon. Anyone else have this? I hit reset, uplugged, hit menu & ok on the box -- nothing worked.

Discovery HD came in last night, just in time for that Chopper show. Wife was less than thrilled. THis morning, something called Sunrise Earth or something, with two minute shots of nature scenes -- might be the most boring thing ever on tv.

markt
post #456 of 9475 Old 12-16-2004, 12:46 PM

As of this morning, no new HD channels in Seal Beach.

Anyone else in OC have them?
post #457 of 9475 Old 12-16-2004, 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by markt170
Moxi outage & Discovery HD

Last night, Moxi went out. I could only watch what I had already recorded; none of the live tv channels were coming in. Same this morning. When I called the rep said it was a problem with Moxi boxes in my area (Valley) and they hope to fix it soon. Anyone else have this? I hit reset, uplugged, hit menu & ok on the box -- nothing worked.

Discovery HD came in last night, just in time for that Chopper show. Wife was less than thrilled. THis morning, something called Sunrise Earth or something, with two minute shots of nature scenes -- might be the most boring thing ever on tv.

Service to my Moxi was out from 3pm yesterday until this morning. I called CS and they said it was a systemwide problem, and they credited me for my service for the day (woo hoo $3!) DiscoveryHD is still not working though...

West LA btw
post #458 of 9475 Old 12-16-2004, 01:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
I wonder if this was just a L.A. problem. Mine was ok last night here in Ventura County. Just FYI.

No new HD channels as of last night either.

Jim
post #459 of 9475 Old 12-16-2004, 02:05 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Moxie working normally in Echo Park (Eagle Rock headend). BTW my call was routed to a Adelphia CS in Fla who said Discovery HD should be available next spring according to a supervisor who had just spoken to the marketing department. When asked if I could speak with the Ontario call center my call was transferred out west who confirmed the SoCal launch of the 2 HD channels was scheduled for yesterday but could not offer any other info.
post #460 of 9475 Old 12-16-2004, 03:24 PM

My Discovery HD started working yesterday too. Woo hoo.... (Sarcasm) What a bore-fest that channel is. I'll get as much use out of that one as i do PBS. It seems like all they are offering is "novelty" channels, like some fish swimming just to show of HD. But, nothing really worth watching. Hopefully they will step it up and offer some InHD, TNT-HD, or something.

-Ryan
post #461 of 9475 Old 12-16-2004, 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by SCLlama
My Discovery HD started working yesterday too. Woo hoo.... (Sarcasm) What a bore-fest that channel is. I'll get as much use out of that one as i do PBS. It seems like all they are offering is "novelty" channels, like some fish swimming just to show of HD. But, nothing really worth watching. Hopefully they will step it up and offer some InHD, TNT-HD, or something.

-Ryan

You're crazy, PBS and Discovery are the two best HD channels!
post #462 of 9475 Old 12-16-2004, 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Eyecannon
You're crazy, PBS and Discovery are the two best HD channels!

Then i guess i'm crazy Honestly I've watched it (pbs) once for some live performance of an orchestra. The only other time is when guests want to see what HD looks like, because it always looks good. But content wise, there is almost nothing a 20 year old like me can sit through just to watch something pretty looking. That's just my opinion though, obviously.

-Ryan
post #463 of 9475 Old 12-16-2004, 08:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Originally posted by SCLlama
Then i guess i'm crazy Honestly I've watched it (pbs) once for some live performance of an orchestra. The only other time is when guests want to see what HD looks like, because it always looks good. But content wise, there is almost nothing a 20 year old like me can sit through just to watch something pretty looking. That's just my opinion though, obviously.

-Ryan

Soundstage and Austin City Lights on PBS-HD have had some great rock concerts on.

Jim
post #464 of 9475 Old 12-16-2004, 10:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 19
Quote:

originally posted by jasonvr
Where did you see this information? Did it show up as a channel on your cable box?

Discovery-HD is coming in now (Los Feliz, Eagle Rock office). Where I got TBS-HD I haven't a clue. I think I saw "TBA" -- as in "To Be Announced" -- and my brain thought TBS (I know, dumb, but it was after a long day at work...).
post #465 of 9475 Old 12-16-2004, 10:54 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Called Adelphia again and was told that Discovery HD was "still under testing" and that it would come on automatically very soon, no charge...

LSA One Monitors, LSA LCR Center, LSA On Wall surrounds, dual Hsu VTF-3 subs, Denon AVR-X4000, Adcom GFA-6000 amp, UTurn Orbit turntable, Samsung UN75HU8550
post #466 of 9475 Old 12-17-2004, 12:55 AM

Moxi is back in action as promised. Down for about a day, it just came back. Hopefully such outages will be infrequent. Also, it saved what I had recorded and what I had scheduled to record. I did not have to hit reset button or do anything.

Discover HD is really . . . . . oh, sorry, I dozed off for a second -- too much Discovery HD. Yawn. Wifey likey though, so it makes the whole HD thing more usable for her, which is nice.

markt
post #467 of 9475 Old 12-17-2004, 04:09 AM

Can someone please post the exact channel #(ex.110-4) of Discovery HD in eagle rock/los feliz for those of us with quam-tuners?I assume it's being sent clear and not encrypted?I can't find it.

We have clearance, Clarence.
post #468 of 9475 Old 12-17-2004, 11:10 AM

Anybody in Santa Monica getting D-HD or Cinemax-HD yet? I called them on the 15th and they said it's good to go but the channels have not shown up yet on my Moxi.
post #469 of 9475 Old 12-17-2004, 01:47 PM

I've had Adelphia and Moxi down in Hermosa Beach for about 3 months now, but the DVI connection has never worked (sometimes picture will come up for a second, then disappear). Is this because of the current software version on the box, or should I request a new one from Adelphia?
post #470 of 9475 Old 12-17-2004, 02:13 PM

I live in Santa Monica and I still havent seen either of these 2 channels added to my system, according to my bill they were suppose to be added on December 15th. Any word on when these two channels will be avaliable.
post #471 of 9475 Old 12-17-2004, 03:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Originally posted by sundraghan
I've had Adelphia and Moxi down in Hermosa Beach for about 3 months now, but the DVI connection has never worked (sometimes picture will come up for a second, then disappear). Is this because of the current software version on the box, or should I request a new one from Adelphia?

DVI will not be turned on till next year sometime. That's what Moxiguy has said in the past. It won't do any good to exchange your box at this point.
We'll get it one of these days...
Jim
post #472 of 9475 Old 12-17-2004, 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by sundraghan

The DVI port is not enable yet on the MOXI, we are waiting a new software release the first quarter of the 2005 with this feature. meanwhile you can use the component video plugs.

TRADE
post #473 of 9475 Old 12-17-2004, 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Valuepac
I live in Santa Monica and I still havent seen either of these 2 channels added to my system, according to my bill they were suppose to be added on December 15th. Any word on when these two channels will be avaliable.

I think that is an Adelphia bummer, I have HDTV and Moxi boxes and the new channels did not appear in none of them.

TRADE
post #474 of 9475 Old 12-17-2004, 04:42 PM
AVS Special Member

RE: the 2 new channels:

This may or may not help, but, while Discovery-HD was turned on (Cinemax-HD is an extra subscription, I guess), I didn't get channel programming for the two until I reset the Moxi.

BTW: the PQ on the Discovery channel is phenomenal. Easily the best of any HD station that I'm getting from Adelphia. I now know more about snakes than I thought I ever would...
post #475 of 9475 Old 12-17-2004, 05:24 PM

I just email adelphia those who are on a 750 mhz system such as Santa Monica does not have the proper bandwidth to handle discovery HD and cinemax HD, they will not be added on to our channels.
post #476 of 9475 Old 12-17-2004, 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by bruce73
RE: the 2 new channels:

This may or may not help, but, while Discovery-HD was turned on (Cinemax-HD is an extra subscription, I guess), I didn't get channel programming for the two until I reset the Moxi.

BTW: the PQ on the Discovery channel is phenomenal. Easily the best of any HD station that I'm getting from Adelphia. I now know more about snakes than I thought I ever would...

My DiscoveryHD was turned on as well here in West LA
post #477 of 9475 Old 12-17-2004, 07:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Nothing new added here in Ventura County. We had a power outage earlier thet rebooted the Moxi box and the Motorola 6200. I was hoping the new channels might show up after that but no luck.

Jim
post #478 of 9475 Old 12-18-2004, 12:57 AM

Discovery HD and Ciinemax HD now on in Diamond Bar. Rides looks excellent in HD.
post #479 of 9475 Old 12-18-2004, 07:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Anyone know what Cinemax HD runs per month?
post #480 of 9475 Old 12-18-2004, 09:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:

Originally posted by alaindelon
Can someone please post the exact channel #(ex.110-4) of Discovery HD in eagle rock/los feliz for those of us with quam-tuners?I assume it's being sent clear and not encrypted?I can't find it.

My TV is scanning right now. I'll post the nyumbers it finds and hope it coordinates to your system. (West LA)

UPDATE: Scan complete NO new channels.

Joe in West Los Angeles, CA
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception