Forum Jump: 
 117Likes

post #631 of 9248 Old 01-26-2005, 06:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Adelphia came by about 4:30. I could tell he really had no clue what to try. He fooled around and checked signal strength and all connections. Tried to trigger updates and all failed. I showed him the prinout and he read it and said "I'll go get a different box out of the truck". Installed new box. Same thing... Reboots and trys to trigger things again and all fail. He calls his office and tells somebody there whats going on. They do something there and "BAM" everything starts updating. He says there you go and is gone.
At least it works for now........

Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 9248 Old 01-26-2005, 07:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Originally posted by motoman
He says there you go and is gone.

Well, there you go.
I've had a Moto 6200 and a Moxi now for several weeks with absolutely NO problems whatsoever.

Of course they were installed by a lead tech AND a supervisor.
I guess it depends on who they send out to your abode.
post #633 of 9248 Old 01-27-2005, 11:34 AM
bwb

Liked: 10
It looks, I mean sounds, like a new problem is beginning to appear that I believe is either Adelphia or Moxi related. I'm using a optical audio connection from my Moxi into my receiver (Yamaha 2400) that is properly connected and securely fastened.

Last week once or twice I had no sound on all channels, but by simply changing channels two or three times the sound returned. No problem whatsoever with my OTA HD reception/sound. Last night while watching Alias (with sound) I was simultaneously recording West Wing. When I went to view West Wing I happened to change the channel to 904 before going into recorded programs and 904 had no sound. More importantly, the entire hour of recorded West Wing had no sound. Back to 904 and still no sound. Changed channels two or three times and the sound came back, but obviously not on the recorded material.

Anybody else have this problem?

bwb
post #634 of 9248 Old 01-27-2005, 12:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I often can get no sound on 904. (NBC-D) Adelphia is of no help and apparently no new Moxi software until March. I'm already shopping satillite. I'm aiming to be Adelphia Free by mid March.

Joe in West Los Angeles, CA
post #635 of 9248 Old 01-28-2005, 12:28 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Rivals team up for Adelphia bid
By James Politi and Aline van Duyn in New York
Published: January 25 2005 22:09 | Last updated: January 25 2005 23:24

Comcast and Time Warner are planning to submit only a joint bid for all of Adelphia's cable assets after ruling out separate bids for other parts of the company's network.

Bids for Adelphia the fifth-largest US cable company, which collapsed into bankruptcy in one of America's biggest corporate scandals are due next Monday. Creditors have set a minimum price tag of $17.5bn, making its sale potentially one of the biggest transactions to take place this quarter. People who are familiar with the auction indicated that Comcast and Time Warner concluded recently that it would not make sense for them to make separate bids for parts of Adelphia's assets, as this could undermine their chances of winning the whole company.

They are betting that the company would rather sell the whole thing, said one person involved in the process.

In putting forward a joint bid, Comcast and Time Warner are likely to face competition from private equity firms and cable entrepreneurs. Kohlberg Kravis Roberts, Providence Equity Partners and JPMorgan Partners have been exploring a bid for parts of the business, as well as a joint bid for all of Adelphia. However, the size of such an offer means it is not at all clear whether one will be made.

The most likely scenario is that Comcast and Time Warner will be competing against a combination of separate bids for each of the seven clusters of assets into which Adelphia was split last year. If they were outbid, the two cable giants would probably be offered a second chance to purchase some of the assets they are most interested in. If the difference is small, it is hard to imagine that they wouldn't get another bite at the apple, said one person close to the situation.

Comcast is the largest US cable operator, with 22m subscribers. Time Warner wants to increase the size of its cable business. It is the second-largest cable operator, with 11m subscribers, but behind satellite operator DirecTV, which has 13.5m customers.

The rivals have joined forces on the Adelphia bid as a tax-efficient way of unwinding Comcast's 21 per cent stake in Time Warner Cable. Comcast, which gained the stake following acquisitions, has to dispose of it for regulatory reasons by the end of 2007. Adelphia's assets, which stretch from California to Pennsylvania and New York, are potentially attractive to many groups. Comcast, for example, could get its hands on the lucrative Los Angeles market, while Time Warner could consolidate its position on the East Coast.

Adelphia declined to comment, as did representatives of each of the potential bidders.

Find this article at:
http://news.ft.com/cms/s/adb243b0-6f...cl=,s01=1.html
post #636 of 9248 Old 01-28-2005, 05:33 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Time Warner, Comcast Mull Adelphia Plans
By Kenneth Li, Reuters Business News

NEW YORK, Jan. 28 Time Warner Inc. and Comcast Corp. were hard at work this week trying to decide how they would divvy up Adelphia Communications Corp.'s cable systems if they win a bid for the bankrupt cable company's assets, a source familiar with the matter said on Friday.
The two companies are expected to submit a joint bid by Monday for the assets, currently valued at $17.5 billion. But first they need to hash out how they would split up Adelphia's (ADELQ.PK) systems, which serve such lucrative markets as Los Angeles and Florida.
The discussions, most recently held on Wednesday in Philadelphia, have presented an opportunity for Comcast (CMCSA.O) CEO Brian Roberts to secure broader distribution for a small but growing collection of the company's cable networks, the source said.
For Time Warner (TWX.N), grabbing Adelphia's L.A. systems, in what is considered the second-largest media market, is critical. Comcast already controls 22 of the top 25 media markets in the United States, including Chicago, Philadelphia, San Francisco and Boston.
''Time Warner sees control of the New York and L.A. market as the Boardwalk and Park Place of the U.S. media market, and as strategically critical to maintaining its negotiating leverage,'' Craig Moffett, an analyst at Sanford C. Bernstein, said.
Which system and who gets them remains an ongoing issue, the source said.
Analysts said the lynchpin to the deal could be the lucrative and high-profile Los Angeles market, which is viewed as a prize for either company.
''The ego prize is L.A.,'' Moffett said.
Time Warner and Comcast declined to comment.
The bid for the assets is seen as a way to unwind Comcast's 21 percent ownership of Time Warner Cable, which is itself worth about $5 billion.
An asset swap could save the companies an estimated $1 billion in tax bills, said Moffett.
ICING ON THE CAKE
''If it's icing on top of the cake, then it could be a source of incremental value that makes a material difference,'' Moffett said of the programming distribution discussions.
Comcast owns a small handful of cable networks that include The Golf Channel, E! Entertainment Television, Outdoor Life Network and G4techTV.
Distribution of the upcoming video-on-demand movies network formed by MGM, Sony Corp (6758.T) and Comcast were not yet discussed.
Analysts were surprised the discussions over an estimated $17.5 billion bid for Adelphia could be held up over what some say are a nominal amount of subscribers to Comcast's small cable programming portfolio.
Raising the issue on a deal of this magnitude bespeaks Comcast's ambitions to grow its media programming base. Roberts has underscored his commitment to add or create more networks, despite a thwarted hostile bid for Walt Disney Co. bid last year.
Since then, the company has vowed to expand its content ownership through smaller deals including a $300 million purchase of a cable channel devoted to video games and another to help finance a joint venture with MGM and Sony for more movies programming.
But ''Content is only one of a number of agenda items'' on Roberts' mind, Moffett said.
post #637 of 9248 Old 01-29-2005, 10:47 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Joint Bid for Adelphia Expected
An offer from Comcast and Time Warner is likely to be the only proposal for the entire cable company.
By Sallie Hofmeister, Times Staff Writer
http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...30,print.story
January 29, 2005

The nation's two largest cable TV providers have finalized a joint bid for Adelphia Communications Corp., the only offer likely to be submitted for the entire company by Monday's deadline, according to people close to the situation.

Terms of the offer by Time Warner Inc. and Comcast Corp. were not disclosed. But industry executives said they expected the amount to be far short of the $17.5 billion demanded by bondholders of Adelphia, which remains in Chapter 11 bankruptcy.

Adelphia filed for protection from creditors in June 2002, after the ouster of founder John Rigas amid an accounting scandal. The 80-year-old executive and his son Timothy were convicted last July of looting the firm and cheating investors out of billions of dollars. They await sentencing.

The company put itself up for sale in April as part of a plan to emerge from bankruptcy. Investment bankers for Adelphia, the largest cable operator in Southern California, had tried to stoke a bidding war by breaking the company into seven clusters, enabling small entities to potentially bid on the pieces.

They also tried to interest a group of private equity firms to jointly bid against Time Warner and Comcast for the whole company. But no competing offer had materialized by Friday because of the price.

"For a financial bidder, it's a difficult pill to swallow," said Craig Moffett, an analyst at Sanford C. Bernstein & Co.

Analysts said bidders with cable holdings could justify paying a higher price because of the savings they could achieve by eliminating redundancies in overhead and extracting volume discounts from programmers and other suppliers.

Industry executives expect a Time Warner-Comcast bid to be in the neighborhood of $14 billion to $15 billion. With cable shares trading at historic lows, that figure is close to Adelphia's value based on Wall Street yardsticks.

At the close of 2003, Adelphia owed creditors $20.2 billion, according to a recent Securities and Exchange Commission filing in which the company restated financial results for 2001, 2002 and 2003.

Since Adelphia went on the block, cable values have plummeted because of investor concerns over competition from satellite TV and phone providers. Cable stocks declined 4% last year, compared with gains of 1% for satellite stocks, 9% for entertainment stocks and 9% for the Standard & Poor's 500, according to Tom Eagan, an analyst at Oppenheimer & Co.

Adelphia has lost more subscribers to satellite than any other major cable operator, with more than 1 million defecting since the accounting scandal came to light in early 2002, Eagan said.

With dwindling resources, Adelphia was forced to delay rolling out such advanced services as high-speed Internet access that have helped other cable companies stave off customer defections.

Cable executives involved in the bidding process say the subscriber losses could encourage creditors to back off their $17.5-billion price out of fear that Adelphia could lose more customers.

"Adelphia better hurry up because value is slipping away," said analyst Moffett, who estimated that loss at $350 million for the last quarter of 2004.

Adelphia executives privately acknowledge that its reputation has been tarnished by the scandal but say that with its cable systems now 85%-upgraded for new services, the company is in better shape to keep its remaining 5.2 million customers.

Comcast and Time Warner are bidding jointly for Adelphia to help them undo an earlier relationship that has presented complications for both.

In 2002, Comcast inherited a 21% stake in Time Warner Cable as part of its acquisition of AT&T Broadband. At the time, federal regulators approved the purchase on the condition that Comcast dispose of the Time Warner holdings by 2007.

Comcast has the right to force Time Warner to buy the 21% stake in May. But Comcast has insisted on receiving subscribers from Time Warner rather than cash on which it would have to pay taxes.

Time Warner, for its part, has balked at giving up subscribers to its competitor. Comcast already serves about 21 million subscribers, about twice as many as Time Warner. By buying Adelphia, Time Warner could gain subscribers and be in a stronger position to relinquish some of them to Comcast.
post #638 of 9248 Old 01-30-2005, 09:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Is anyone else without NBC-DT this morning. I've been up since 6AM and there's no channel 904 or 81.1 (ATSC). Analog is fine.

post #639 of 9248 Old 01-30-2005, 10:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Originally posted by joe221
Is anyone else without NBC-DT this morning. I've been up since 6AM and there's no channel 904 or 81.1 (ATSC). Analog is fine.

Nothing here either. Checked my 6200 box and the Moxi. Have it on OTA KNBC-DT.

Jim
post #640 of 9248 Old 01-30-2005, 11:03 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 77
I'm in Manhattan Beach, moving from DirecTiVo(SD) to Adelphia(Moxi and HD)........

This thread scares me......hope I am making the right decision. I think I will try DirecTV's customer retention department one more time tomorrow.

-curtis

Owner of
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Volunteer Mod at the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Like all things on the Internet, do your research, as forums have a good amount of misinformation.

post #641 of 9248 Old 01-30-2005, 03:44 PM
bwb

No NBC-DT (904) or ESPN HD (939) here in Fullerton.

I called Adelphia at 3pm - according them no reports of wide spread outage or problems. They insisted the only thing they could do was schedule a service call for next week.

bwb
post #642 of 9248 Old 01-30-2005, 05:13 PM

Same problem in Seal Beach--no 904 or 939.

I called Adelphia, and they said it is a system problem
post #643 of 9248 Old 01-30-2005, 05:47 PM
AVS Special Member

They are back on here as of about 3:00pm.
Jim
post #644 of 9248 Old 01-30-2005, 06:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Originally posted by cschang
I'm in Manhattan Beach, moving from DirecTiVo(SD) to Adelphia(Moxi and HD)........

This thread scares me......hope I am making the right decision. I think I will try DirecTV's customer retention department one more time tomorrow.

Good idea! Good luck. Only bad thing is the $1000 TiVo!

post #645 of 9248 Old 01-30-2005, 06:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Originally posted by motoman
They are back on here as of about 3:00pm.
Jim

Mine came back too in the afternoon. Not the first time this has happened.

post #646 of 9248 Old 01-30-2005, 06:27 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Can you guys post how often stuff like this happens in a week or month?

-curtis

Owner of

Volunteer Mod at the

Like all things on the Internet, do your research, as forums have a good amount of misinformation.

post #647 of 9248 Old 01-30-2005, 06:31 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Originally posted by joe221
Good idea! Good luck. Only bad thing is the $1000 TiVo!

Thanks Joe.....we'll see what they are willing to do.

Going to be tough to beat all of Adelphia's incentives. Might just have to weigh the problems vs cost savings.....but hard to gauge since folks with problems are more vocal.

-curtis

Owner of

Volunteer Mod at the

post #648 of 9248 Old 01-31-2005, 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by cschang

I don't know if I have a mispersception, to reading the Business sections seems that DirectTV has a very struggle time and not good forecasts in the future, meanwhile the cable industry is more including the new technologies and merging companies.

The Adelphia So Cal customers maybe not are very happy with the service, but we expect that new buyers (Comcast and TimeWarner) improve the service and give more products to us. Of course I don't think that decrease the rates but if we have a improvement in the service I will happy.

TRADE
post #649 of 9248 Old 01-31-2005, 09:39 AM
AVS Addicted Member

The only thing I am interpreting is the satisfaction level of customers.

-curtis

Owner of

Volunteer Mod at the

post #650 of 9248 Old 01-31-2005, 10:30 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Just talked to DirecTV's customer retention.

The best they can do is a $20 credit to my bill for 6 months, free upgrade and installation of the HD dish, and then another $100 credit for the HD*TiVo upon activation. So essentially $800 up front costs.

Adelphia's deal is the Moxi, plus $400 credit spread out over 15 months....no costs up front. For the first 15 months, the monthly cost is roughly 40% less as well.....not an apples to apples channel line comparison, but close enough.

-curtis

Owner of

Volunteer Mod at the

post #651 of 9248 Old 01-31-2005, 12:53 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

KKR and Providence plan to mount joint bid for Adelphia
By James Politi in New York
Published: January 31 2005 02:00 | Last updated: January 31 2005 02:00

Kohlberg Kravis Roberts and Providence Equity Partners, the US private equity groups, are planning to make a joint bid for all of Adelphia, the bankrupt cable company.

The move, if successful, would represent the largest leveraged buy-out for 16 years.

Adelphia, whose creditors say should be sold for at least $17.5bn, set a deadline of today for offers, either for the whole company or for each of seven clusters of assets.

Time Warner and Comcast, the US cable giants, are also expected to put forward a joint bid for the whole company - and are seen as the frontrunners to eventually clinch a deal.

But the decision by KKR and Providence to press ahead with their own plans to bid for all of Adelphia could dash hopes at Time Warner and Comcast that they might face no competition in the auction.

Because of the size and complexity of the offer, KKR and Providence did not make any firm decision whether to bid for the whole company until very recently, according to people familiar with the matter.

Even yesterday, the insiders cautioned, the situation surrounding the KKR/Providence bid was "very fluid, more so than in normal auctions". A successful acquisition by the two private equity groups would be the largest leveraged buy-out since KKR bought RJR Nabisco in 1989.

The two companies worked together last year to become part owners of PanAmSat, the satellite operator that is already considering an initial public offering. JPMorgan Partners, the private equity arm of the US investment bank, was considering joining KKR and Providence in their bid for Adelphia, but ultimately decided not to participate.

A host of other private equity groups and cable entrepreneurs are separately expected to place bids for parts of Adelphia's assets, which stretch from Los Angeles to Pennsylvania and New York.

Comcast is the largest US cable operator, with 22m subscribers. Time Warner wants to increase the size of its cable business. It is the second-largest cable operator, with 11m subscribers, behind satellite operator DirecTV, which has 13.5m customers.

The rivals have joined forces on the Adelphia bid as a tax-efficient way of unwinding Comcast's 21 per cent stake in Time Warner Cable. Comcast - which gained the stake in the process of making acquisitions - has to dispose of it for regulatory reasons by the end of 2007.

KKR, Providence and JPMorgan Partners all declined to comment last night.

Find this article at:
http://news.ft.com/cms/s/6aa9bd60-73...acl=,s01=1.htm
post #652 of 9248 Old 02-02-2005, 10:52 AM

KKR was the same infamous company that makes the NABISCO's OPA and later sell the parts of the corporation to the best bidder.

Really I will prefer than other Cable company takes Adelphia instead the sharks of Wall Street.

TRADE
post #653 of 9248 Old 02-02-2005, 03:51 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

January 26, 2005

Dear Subscriber,

At Adelphia, we are committed to providing you with the highest quality cable television service at the best possible price. With that commitment in mind, we are currently in the process of retiering and repricing our Broadcast Basic cable service. As of March 2005, Adelphia will offer a new standardized, low-cost Broadcast Basic tier throughout the City of Los Angeles, which will provide even more programming options to you, our customer.

As of March 2005, a more limited Broadcast Basic service in the amount of $12.00 per month (exclusive of all applicable franchise fees and taxes) will be offered in your service area. At the same time, we will be moving certain programming networks previously included in our Broadcast Basic Service to our Expanded Basic service. The combined price for these two service levels (which we call Adelphia Classic Cable) will remain unchanged at $46.51.
For those of you who are currently Broadcast Basic only customers, you may wish to subscribe to additional services in order to continue to view some services you currently receive on the Broadcast Basic tier. The following changes to your channel line-up will occur on March 15, 2005:

Broadcast Basic Tier Changes Current Location New Location
A&E 71 71 (Expanded Basic)
BET 61 61 (Expanded Basic)
CNN 46 46 (Expanded Basic)
Comedy Central 62 62 (Expanded Basic)
Court TV 74 74 (Expanded Basic)
E! Entertainment Television 56 56 (Expanded Basic)
ESPN 39 39 (Expanded Basic)
Food Network 55 55 (Expanded Basic)
Fox Sports Net 41 41 (Expanded Basic)
Fox Sports Net 2 42 42 (Expanded Basic)
fX 60 60 (Expanded Basic
Lifetime 53 53 (Expanded Basic)
MSNBC 49 49 (Expanded Basic)
MTV 37 67 Expanded Basic)
National Geographic 73 37
Nickelodeon 63 63 (Expanded Basic)
TLC 69 69 (Expanded Basic)
USA Network 58 58 (Expanded Basic)
VH-1 38 73 (Expanded Basic)
Discovery Channel 67 31 (Broadcast Basic)
TBS 52 38 (Broadcast Basic)
Current Location 38 (Broadcast Basic)
New Location
Oxygen 132 52 (Expanded Basic)

For your convenience, we have enclosed a revised channel lineup and rate cards. We encourage you to review the revised programming line-ups for Broadcast Basic and Expanded Basic. If you are a current Broadcast Basic only tier customer and wish to maintain that new tier containing the reduced number of channels (as now being modified), you need do nothing further. If you are a Broadcast Basic only tier customer and want to upgrade your subscription level, to include the channels being removed from the old Broadcast Basic tier, you need to contact us at your earliest convenience.
Finally, you may be aware that you have been receiving a credit of $2.26 on your monthly bill. This credit was the result of a rate dispute between Adelphia and the City of Los Angeles regarding our Broadcast Basic service. We have now entered into an Agreement with the City that discontinues the need for this credit. Effective with your April 2005 bill, -one month after the changes described above occur - the monthly credit will be discontinued.
If you have any questions, Adelphia's Customer Service Representatives are on call 24 hours a day, seven days a week at 1-866-222-5389 to assist you. You may also visit us at www.adell2hiasocal.com.

We thank you for being a valued Adelphia customer.

Any issues regarding this notice, which cannot be resolved by Adelphia, may be reported to:
City of Los Angeles - Information Technology Agency 120 S. San Pedro St., Los Angeles, CA 90012 Telephone: 3-1-1- "One Call to City Hall" 866-452-2489 Fax Number: 213-847-4330 TDD: 213-485-5034 http://www.Iacity.org
post #654 of 9248 Old 02-04-2005, 12:32 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Stay tuned. This is the passion-ridden and hard-to-measure world of cable deal-making. Things could get very interesting.

http://www.fool.com/News/mft/2005/mft05020307.htm
post #655 of 9248 Old 02-04-2005, 12:22 PM

I finally got fed up with ESPN HD dropping out I decided to cancel it for a bit or at least until "March Madness" starts up. I save a whole $1.50, oh boy i'm rich!! Now PBS~HD channel 928, in Fullerton, is starting to dropout. All I get is the black screen of death with a blue box filled with white lettering stating the all to obvious that I'm sure you've all seen.

Here's another pic I'll share with you:

I just got the BMC 9012 installed a couple of weex back and the technician who installed it, if u can call him that, said of all the Motorola BMC/Moxi installs he'd done that he never saw one that didnt list the "HomeNET" IP address. It says unavailable, he said he'd get back to me on that or his boss would, but low & behold no1 ever did. The same overview @ the bottom states "Last Software Update~ERROR~" doesn't sound encouraging either. But apart from all of this clutter, it WORX, so I guess I should stop snibblin'.

My wife luvs this DVR thing, she has diabetes & makes alot of stops to the bathroom so she never misses a thing. To pause live TV & record HD programming is a kick. Just can't w8 for them to make the DVI / Firewire / USB ports active.

Also I've noticed that other markets in Adelphia's portfolio have a tier called HD PLUS which features alot more HD channel programming. C'mon SoCal Adelphia get with the program already!!!

All we have currently in Fullerton is:

902 CBS KCBS (HD) High Definition TV
904 NBC KNBC (HD) High Definition TV
907 ABC KABC (HD) High Definition TV
911 FOX KTTV (HD) High Definition TV
928 PBS KCET (HD) High Definition TV
939 ESPN HD ESPN HD High Definition TV
961 HBO HD HBO HD High Definition TV
971 SHO HD Showtime HD High Definition TV

For an example, here's Pittsburg or somewhere in PA's HDTV line-up:

704 WTAE HD WTAE HD Broadcast HD (High Definition)
713 WQED HD WQED (High Definition) Broadcast HD (High Definition)
725 KDKA HD KDKA High Definition Broadcast HD (High Definition)
748 WPXI HD WPXI HD Broadcast HD (High Definition)
750 HD HBO High Definition HBO HBO HD (High Definition)
751 HD SHOWTIME High Definition Showtime Showtime HD (High Definition)
752 HD STARZ Starz High Definition Starz HD (High Definition)
753 HD CINEMAX HD CINEMAX Cinemax HD (High Definition)
770 HD NET HD NET HD PLUS TIER
771 HDN MOVIES HD NET MOVIES HD PLUS TIER
772 ESPN HD ESPN High Definition HD PLUS TIER
774 INHD1 iNDemand HD HD PLUS TIER
775 INHD2 iNDemand HD 2 HD PLUS TIER
776 DISC HD Discovery High Definition HD PLUS TIER
777 NFL HD NFL Network High Definition HD PLUS TIER

Peace........................................GO PATS !!!!!! Sorry PITTS, my wife's fav. team, she's still pissed!!
post #656 of 9248 Old 02-04-2005, 12:48 PM
AVS Special Member

I didn't have channel 928 PBS-HD last night either. Probably a system problem. It wasn't available on my Moxi or my 6200 box.
Jim
post #657 of 9248 Old 02-04-2005, 12:59 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Yeah....it was a system problem for most of the day. I got Moxi installed yesterday.

Incidently, do any of you Adelphia Moxi (HD) have issues with HD channels when they do not have HD programs playing? I get a "shaking" screen and blackouts, especially when there is some kind of dialog box or the Moxi menu.

-curtis

Owner of

Volunteer Mod at the

post #658 of 9248 Old 02-04-2005, 11:38 PM

I must say adelphia cable SD content doesn't look half as good as Dish looked on our plasma. I am also noticing some lack of detail in HDTV channels. Things seem become "snowy" if that makes any sense. Anyone else experiencing this problem?
post #659 of 9248 Old 02-05-2005, 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by bwb
No NBC-DT (904) or ESPN HD (939) here in Fullerton.

I called Adelphia at 3pm - according them no reports of wide spread outage or problems. They insisted the only thing they could do was schedule a service call for next week.

bwb

I had 904 (NBC-HD) lock up last week (again, NBC-HD goes in & out frequently, no other channels). I called c/s and they said "no reported problems..." They tried to reset it from their end, no luck, so they scheduled a service call. About 1/2 hr later, it kicked in. I called to cancel the svc call, but the rep talked me into having them come out & check anyway. Unfortunatly I was at work, only my wife was there for the call. He replaced my Monster Cable from the wall to the box w/ their own "magic cable", said it would work better==yeah sure==. He also said that it was "probably caused by overheating, there isn't enough circulation in the rack" Amazing how that only affects NBC...
So today ESPN-HD locks up. First time for that channel...

I think it's got to be their equipment somewhere that can't handle the bandwidth. Now FOX is starting to pixelate pretty good, if it locks up for my Super Bowl party I'm gonna have a cow.

It would be nice if they read some of these posts, eh?
post #660 of 9248 Old 02-05-2005, 04:34 AM

Yes it's true, I used to be a DirecTV user and the SD was alot better signal quality. I'm not sure what the "snowy effect" is your experiencing in HD, im not seeing that here on my end.

We have a DVR/HD box, the BMC 9012 / MOXI unit and the SD seems to be even worse than my old STB, which just had the HD capability only, not DVR. I've read in other posts here in the AVS realm that the new MOXI unit has lack luster "VIDEO Compression" and I'm starting to think this is the case. I was starting to trip that it was my new Sammy HDTV, but that is not the case. It simply exploits all the anomalies to a greater degree than my old SONY. Alledgedly MOXI is coming out with a new software vers. 3.2 in March. Does adelphia "PUSH" the software upgrades to us? I tried to trigger an upd8 via the UI onboard the BMC unit with no success.

Here's a nice MOXI link 4 u if u haven't already found it yourself:

http://www.digeo.com/
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page