Los Angeles, CA - TWC - Page 301 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 26Likes

post #9001 of 9002 Old Yesterday, 01:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I've had occasional problems in getting the TA to work when I've had to restart the Tivo, so that has given some insight into the channels using SDV. At the very least one is BBC America since we're big Dr. Who fans we found that missing when the TA was not authorized properly.

Here's another question for the group: We're a Moto system and they are issuing the (I think Technicolor/Thomson built) "DCI401TWC2 as the adapter when you request one with HDMI out. Seems to work fine and remote was programmable to command both an ancient Sharp 15" CRT set (analog in) and an early Westinghouse LCD (HDMI in). However, in one or two cases I'd like to use the DTA with an older Tivo that has analog inputs and uses an IR blaster to change channels. I've got that sort of setup in one room but use the standard (non-DVR) Moto STB with a 2nd Gen Tivo and the analog outputs since it is a secondary viewing venue and HD isn't required. However, since it is a full scale STB I can still use the IR blaster to change channels.

Opps! For the office setup where I just use another Gen. 2 Tivo with analog RF in I suspect I'll soon be facing the "black screen of no channel death". Could rent an STB but I'm cheap and don't want to. Could use the DTA, but the Tivo won't be able to talk to it via IR. I'm sure there are ways around that but maybe someone here has already figured this out. Otherwise, the four old analog Tivos go on E-Bay or maybe WeakKnees will take them in trade for a used HD Tivo.

Any thoughts from TWC consumers on this? THANKS!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9002 of 9002 Old Yesterday, 01:36 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blasst View Post
Just set up with the new TW modem. Will report my findings and thoughts in a few days.
Is that actually 300/20??

Where are you located?

And do you know what the brand/model is of that TW modem? Is it a modem+router, or just a modem? If just a modem, what router are you using with it?
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page