87Likes

post #9151 of 9160 Old 09-09-2014, 07:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by danki6x View Post
Locked up my DVR and other box with cable card errors. A power plug pull and restart fixed them. Wife called and they would not give a wait time and said to do this in a phone message they had going, so lots of reboots did not work. /Dan (This is in City of Orange)
I don't have a DVR STB, but noticed that the last two 'updates' made it Much more difficult to escape the On Demand menu hell. The Exit key no longer works, only selecting a channel in the PG Does. No other changes noted.

Disgusted TWC non-DVR subscriber. Dish & DirecTV - almost identical expensive tiers. AT&T U-verse - Sorry, Not Available except to Upscale demographic areas.
SetTopBox: SA 4250HDC Navigator: ODN version 7.3.0_29
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9152 of 9160 Old 09-15-2014, 04:23 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Looks like my Xbox is ready for the lineup change even though it isn't happening until Wednesday/Thursday for me

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
post #9153 of 9160 Old 09-15-2014, 10:38 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaCHooKa Man View Post
Looks like my Xbox is ready for the lineup change even though it isn't happening until Wednesday/Thursday for me

The 400 series of HD channels will be going away with the new line-up. You can view your new line-up by going to zap2it.com and entering your ZIP code, look for the (Rebuild) listings for your area.
post #9154 of 9160 Old 09-15-2014, 04:54 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPDICKEY View Post
The 400 series of HD channels will be going away with the new line-up. You can view your new line-up by going to zap2it.com and entering your ZIP code, look for the (Rebuild) listings for your area.
I know. I'm just saying that my Xbox is already ready for them. Although it did mess up all my voice commands since it now changes channels based on the new listings instead of the old ones. At least I only have to deal with it for a few more days.

|
|
|
|
post #9155 of 9160 Old Yesterday, 03:16 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaCHooKa Man View Post
I know. I'm just saying that my Xbox is already ready for them. Although it did mess up all my voice commands since it now changes channels based on the new listings instead of the old ones. At least I only have to deal with it for a few more days.
The problem is the picture showed the old listings (CBS HD 402). So CBS is in the 1200's now on your XBOX with all the other local channels? That will be the new lineup. /Dan
post #9156 of 9160 Old Yesterday, 10:02 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 41
And TWC still keeps pissing people off! I'm very happy with my TWC cable (Internet only) connection at 300/20 in W. Los Angeles. So happy that I talked my girlfriend to changing from her crappy Verizon DSL (3.0mbps max download at $35/month) to TWC's standard internet for the same price (and much faster speed). She's not into this stuff and happy with the status quo. Took some convincing to have her accept the change.

Last Friday, we go to TWC's website and subscribe. She had cable TV years ago, so the line is still there from the pole to her house. It's just disconnected at the pole (which is in the alley). The website verified her address. No installation charges since we're using our own modem and don't need a technician (I'm giving her my Motorols 6141 since I have the new ultra fast modem from TWC rental). They ran a credit check and all is fine.

Sunday morning, we get an e-mail that we need to call them with our modem MAC address. I call, but they don't have us on file. They ask for a few more days. Monday and Tuesday we get more e-mails asking us to call. So I call tonight and they say there is a hold on this account because we didn't have cable services within the last year. This means a technician needs to come out and we'll be charged $15. Huh??? You already verified the address at time of sign up - why didn't the website mention this? And the cable line is fine! A tech just needs to connect it at the pole. They say that they need $15 for a tech to come out and connect from the pole. Ok...this is ridiculous. Even if we had subscribed within the last year, a tech would still need to come by and connect at the pole because they always disconnect from the pole when you stop your service (at least they're supposed to).

Nope. They won't do it. They need an additional $15 to schedule a tech to come out.

You know, it's really not the money. It's only $15. But I just feel ripped off. It's like a bait and switch tactic. This pisses me off. Forget it. Cancel it. We'll stick to crappy Verizon at my girlfriend's house. This really sucks. Just venting.

BTW, I've had crappy customer service from Verizon as well. Big corporations are just bots....there is no logic, just a set of rules guided with broken programs on super computers. The humans answering the phones have no power. "Hal" controls everything.
phildaant likes this.

Oppo BDP-105 Blu-Ray
Spectron Premiere MKII 7 Channel Class D Amp (500w x 7)
2 Anthony Gallo Reference SA Amps
5 Anthony Gallo Reference 3.5 Speakers
Sunfire Super JR Subwoofer
Sony Z2 Series laptop as dedicated HTPC
post #9157 of 9160 Old Yesterday, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardV View Post
they always disconnect from the pole when you stop your service (at least they're supposed to).
Don't know why they would charge for an install if they were having a free install promotion.

However, they won't be disconnecting from the pole anymore now that the systems are all-digital and all-scrambled.
phildaant likes this.
post #9158 of 9160 Old Yesterday, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPDICKEY View Post
Don't know why they would charge for an install if they were having a free install promotion.

However, they won't be disconnecting from the pole anymore now that the systems are all-digital and all-scrambled.
Don't think it was a promotion. Just an every day thing that if you have your own modem and don't need a technician's help, they won't charge for install.

At my apartment building, I took over another unit to turn into an office a few months ago. I subscribed to TWC internet for this new unit. They actually disconnected the cable line from the building box. They didn't charge me any install fees since the tech didn't have to come into the unit, he just needed to connect the unit at the box. I guess their new rule is that if the unit didn't have cable for the last 12 months, a tech is mandatory. But their computer did this check when we signed up and didn't mention any thing. It accepted the order. So maybe the customer service guy in the Phillipines didn't know the rules?

Oh...and this is all being handled through a 3rd party company. When I called TWC direct (888-tw-cable), they said I have to call the (855) number which is a 3rd party company that handles all sales who signed up through their website.
phildaant likes this.

Oppo BDP-105 Blu-Ray
post #9159 of 9160 Old Yesterday, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardV View Post
Don't think it was a promotion. Just an every day thing that if you have your own modem and don't need a technician's help, they won't charge for install.
Free installation is always a promotion, not an "every day thing." The regular practice is to charge the rate card, unless you qualify for the promotion. Like I said, I don't know why your girlfriend didn't qualify for a free installation, it could have been the status of her old account. And orders placed online are subject to acceptance by the company, which means they can change things, and notify you before they charge you something different than shown online.
phildaant likes this.
post #9160 of 9160 Old Yesterday, 10:50 PM

I see things a little differently. If they ask for and take down your credit card number, set up monthly recurring fees, and run a credit check on you, then they've accepted the terms they have offered. There was no mention that there would be installation fees (even though you don't need a technician) if you haven't had cable within the last 12 months. And on their website they qualify you by asking for your address and doing an online check. They should have let us know of all fees BEFORE they collect personal information, financial information, and run your credit. They basically asked for more money after everything was done.
phildaant likes this.

Oppo BDP-105 Blu-Ray
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page