post #9181 of 9185 Old Today, 03:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPDICKEY View Post
The SD feeds of the above are Pacific time zone. The HD versions are Eastern time. That may change when HD versions of the Pacific feed are offered.
So there could be a possibility of 3 channels each for Sundance and IFC then? lol...

Last edited by fleaman; Today at 03:40 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9182 of 9185 Old Today, 03:50 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleaman View Post
So there could be a possibility of 3 channels each for Sundance and IFC then? lol...

Where do you get 3? They probably don't provide a SD version of the east coast feed, just the HD one. I think its great that they provide more programming options like both west and east feeds of channels. Of course this will go away when west HD feeds come online, which happened to channels like USA HD, and BBC America HD.

I remember reading that TWC kept the 2-99 the same in each market for several reasons, one is that some systems still have analog services going on 2-99 and basic only customers without digital set top boxes. The national line-up gets overlayed in those systems, the analog only subs don't know the difference. The national lineup with 100+ has everything, including off-airs in the 1200 block for consistency nationwide. So the duplication between the 2-99 and the 100+ is understandable.

Auto-switching means they don't have to allocated numbers for separate SD and HD feeds in most cases. For example here in LA, east HD and west SD feeds of some services where a west HD doesn't exist both appear. Or The Weather Channel SD and HD, where the Local On The 8's only appears on the SD feed, so both are maintained.
phildaant likes this.
post #9183 of 9185 Old Today, 04:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPDICKEY View Post
Where do you get 3? They probably don't provide a SD version of the east coast feed, just the HD one. I think its great that they provide more programming options like both west and east feeds of channels. Of course this will go away when west HD feeds come online, which happened to channels like USA HD, and BBC America HD.
It was the 'could' and 'possibly' thing I mentioned. If they ad a west coast HD feed but leave the east coast HD feed, then 3 channels each (including the SD channel).
post #9184 of 9185 Old Today, 05:14 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleaman View Post
It was the 'could' and 'possibly' thing I mentioned. If they ad a west coast HD feed but leave the east coast HD feed, then 3 channels each (including the SD channel).
Still wouldn't have three numbers, if they did do and east/west feeds in HD, you wouldn't be able to see the SD feeds listed.

However, they haven't left two HD feeds of any basic channel when a west coast was introduced, lately it was BBC America. They just do that for the premiums like HBO and Showtime East and West. So its not likely your scenario would happen.
post #9185 of 9185 Old Today, 05:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Does anyone know what the limit of boxes is? I ordered 2 additional Digital Adapters this morning through online chat and they told me I could pick them up at any TWC store. I went to the store today and they pulled them out but then checked my account and said I had too many boxes so they'd have to send a technician out to install them. I currently have 3 HD boxes, 1 HD DVR and 4 Digital Adapters. I already had a signal amplifier installed a while back so I don't know why they need to install it themselves.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page