AVS Club Gold
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Marina Del Rey, CA, USA
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Just got back to LA from a 2-week family event, having noticed four days ago that I could no longer connect remotely to my PC. I imagined it might have finally been the MAXX upgrade, and they'd restarted my Netgear CMD31T modem. It's a bit fussy and never has been able to restart properly on their command. I always need to pull the power cord myself and recycle it manually that way.
Anyway, sure enough the modem was in its typical unusable state when I got home, and when I recycled it sure enough I was now performing at 50/5... which I believe is the maximum TWC's provisioned this modem for under MAXX even though I have been paying for Extreme (which was 30/5 in the old world).
So, I finally broke open the carton for the SB6141 I'd bought many months ago earlier in the year when I foolishly thought MAXX was truly imminent. Swapped the SB6141 for the CMD31T, phoned support to get the new MAC address activated, downgraded my service from Extreme back to Turbo (which is now 100/10 with the SB6141, which is plenty good for my needs given that I'd been seeing only 30/5 for years... and also saves me $10/month).
I also confirmed that it was on 10/24 that my 90292 area was upgraded to MAXX, which agrees with my experience while away.