post #9451 of 9455 Unread Today, 03:58 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardV View Post
Thanks Phil. I just like the SB6183 due to it's smaller size. Guess I'll have to buy my own, but not sure if I want to pay about $150.
Buy it now for $129.

Personally, I decided 100/10 was just fine for my needs. That meant I could go with a lesser expensive SB6141, and drop my +$20/month Internet speed premium over Standard (for new Ultimate 200, previously named Extreme which is what I'd been getting to provide 30/5) down one level to just +$10/month premium over Standard (for new Ultimate 100, previously named Turbo which had previously provided 20/2 or something like that).
phildaant likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9452 of 9455 Unread Today, 05:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Yes, it's a misunderstanding and I accept your apology. I'm gonna take a wild guess here, but I think you meant to reply to "nyctveng", not me.

Believe me, lazy employees, excessive corporate greed, and shady business practices by monopolies don't turn me on either. I've learned to live with an off air antenna, but I still "need" the internet. So TWC has to stay on my payroll.
yes, holl_ands & nyctveng sound very much like the mouthpieces of cable TV monopolies or their PR shills. I know I shoudl have checked the names but I went by the avatar. Sorry. Last day b4 long weekend and I don't even want to work for things I really like to do. It was a crazy year in 2014 for me.
phildaant likes this.
post #9453 of 9455 Unread Today, 05:48 PM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSperber View Post
Buy it now for $129.

Personally, I decided 100/10 was just fine for my needs. That meant I could go with a lesser expensive SB6141....
Ya, $129 + 10% california tax! My local Best Buy has in stock and I'm sure they won't be discounting it on Black Friday. I'm still debating the idea. I had the SB6141 (still in my closet), but I decided to go for the higher speed just because of the 20Mbs upload. For downloading, 300 is way overkill for my needs. I upload some family videos to YouTube in HD and the faster uploads are fantastic.
phildaant likes this.

Oppo BDP-105 Blu-Ray
Spectron Premiere MKII 7 Channel Class D Amp (500w x 7)
2 Anthony Gallo Reference SA Amps
5 Anthony Gallo Reference 3.5 Speakers
Sunfire Super JR Subwoofer
Sony Z2 Series laptop as dedicated HTPC
post #9454 of 9455 Unread Today, 05:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 373 Post(s)
Liked: 123
Lightbulb

Quote:
Ya, $129 + 10% california tax! My local Best Buy has in stock and I'm sure they won't be discounting it on Black Friday. I'm still debating the idea. I had the SB6141 (still in my closet), but I decided to go for the higher speed just because of the 20Mbs upload. For downloading, 300 is way overkill for my needs. I upload some family videos to YouTube in HD and the faster uploads are fantastic.
Pricematch Amazon's price at Best Buy.
post #9455 of 9455 Unread Today, 05:53 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Yes, it's a misunderstanding and I accept your apology. I'm gonna take a wild guess here, but I think you meant to reply to "nyctveng", not me.

Believe me, lazy employees, excessive corporate greed, and shady business practices by monopolies don't turn me on either. I've learned to live with an off air antenna, but I still "need" the internet. So TWC has to stay on my payroll.
Up until last week, I was a happy camper with my 14.99/mo naked internet from TWC. I had the DOCSIS 3.0 modem from my days with cox in San Diego and my trusty router and I was set.

Last week my Mother-in-law got a surgery (83 years old) and came to live with us till the end of her days. It is very hard for me to explain watching TV on a computer to an old person. FOr my sanity, I decided to shell out extra 10 bucks a month (plus junk fees to feed the FCC fat cats of course) and found myself in the middle of this quandary all of a sudden.

As an old DIRECTV employee, I already hated the cable companies and now I am realizing why, once again. Monopolies are never good for the customer.

Oh by the way, I wish I was in your shoes, with the antenna reception of TV signals. In the high desert, there is no such thing. Antennaweb.com lists 4 channels with medium to low signal for where I am but I tried 3 different flat indoor antennas to no signal availability in the last month. So, like it or not, I have to pay for cable if someone in my household wants to watch live TV. I am happy with netflix, hulu+ and an occasional torrent of a TV show I missed everywhere otherwise.
phildaant likes this.
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception