301Likes

post #9541 of 9546 Old 12-19-2014, 05:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by phildaant View Post
What about other sport channels like NBA League Pass? During its free time on TWC, only 1 channel was in HD and others were in SD.
No idea. What is available streamed on the Roku is the same channels package I get as a subscriber, and I don't (nor will I ever) pay to subscribe to any sports package.

I'm already being ripped off by TW for plenty of sports channels in which I have no interest whatsoever, the Dodgers being at the top of that list.
phildaant and sted like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9542 of 9546 Old Yesterday, 05:37 PM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by phildaant View Post
Why are so many Orange County systems getting rid of the public access channels? This is very bad news.

Also, CSPAN has an HD feed. We have to pay for all these sports channels, yet a feed like CSPAN that is very inexpensive can't get an HD spot on Time Warner.

And we wonder why the American public is so ill informed on most issues and has such a low participation rate in voting. Unless it is about Paris Hilton or Kim Kardashian, count on the public being ill informed.
phildaant likes this.
post #9543 of 9546 Old Yesterday, 05:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 403 Post(s)
Liked: 128
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sted View Post
Why are so many Orange County systems getting rid of the public access channels? This is very bad news...
That is what I'd like to know!
post #9544 of 9546 Old Today, 02:05 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Effective Jan. 1, the cable company (TWC) – which has a major Charlotte administrative office and serves about 50 percent of local households – will charge subscribers a new $2.75-per-month fee for sports programming. Other changes include a 9-month-old broadcasting TV surcharge increasing from $2.25 to $2.75 per month, and an $8-per-month Internet modem lease, up from $5.99.

Subscribers who pay for HBO movie channels selectively on an “a la carte” basis will see those rates increase on their bills from $14.99 to $16.99. Customers who get those channels as part of a package deal will not be charged more.

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...#storylink=cpy

Oh well.
phildaant likes this.

Arvy
post #9545 of 9546 Old Today, 02:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 403 Post(s)
Liked: 128
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvy View Post
Effective Jan. 1, the cable company (TWC) – which has a major Charlotte administrative office and serves about 50 percent of local households – will charge subscribers a new $2.75-per-month fee for sports programming. Other changes include a 9-month-old broadcasting TV surcharge increasing from $2.25 to $2.75 per month, and an $8-per-month Internet modem lease, up from $5.99.

Subscribers who pay for HBO movie channels selectively on an “a la carte” basis will see those rates increase on their bills from $14.99 to $16.99. Customers who get those channels as part of a package deal will not be charged more.

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...#storylink=cpy

Oh well.
Ouch. Does that mean this will go to everyone like L.A.?
post #9546 of 9546 Old Today, 03:06 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvy View Post
... and an $8-per-month Internet modem lease, up from $5.99.
Imagine that. It was only a few years back that I decided to buy my own modem to save what was then just a $3/month monthly rental for the Internet side of my phone/internet Arris telephony DOCSIS 2.0 modem.

And now it's going up to $8/month for a DOCSIS 3.0 modem, which is a 33% rate increase for something that was only recently priced at $6/month. And a 167% increase over the original $3/month price just a few years ago when they first started charging for the internet modem hardware.

Makes it that much easier to cost-justify buying your own modem.

Last edited by DSperber; Today at 03:09 AM.
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page