389Likes
post #9661 of 9661 Unread Today, 03:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPDICKEY View Post
After losing many channels in the 200 and 300 range, all on SDV service the night of March 26. I called up local TWC support yesterday and today who said they were getting many calls from the WLA area about the problem and referred me to CableCard support.

After talking to a rep the morning of March 27, and a after a couple of reboots of the TA unplugging the power and USB, we found my tuning adapter, connected to a TiVo Premier, was not locking onto the proper downstream channel viewing the TA settings pages.

He also knows of several in the WLA area who are having the same problem. A couple of TWC departments are working on it. Most likely ones who manage the downstream frequencies, and another who works with the channel mapping data stream. They said they might call me back later today for some more trouble shooting.
I had a conversation with someone from the engineering dept. who told me that LA is a Motorola area, while SPas/SanMarino is a Scientific Atlanta area. What difference technically does that make between the two systems? I recently had some trouble with my tuning adapter and Tivo box, but after unplugging both and plugging them back in, the problem seemed to clear up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page