Los Angeles, CA - TWC - Page 326 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 414Likes

post #9751 of 9753 Old 07-21-2016, 06:32 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Alexander View Post
You should pay the $750 HowardV.
Oh I will be...one way or another.

Oppo BDP-105 Blu-Ray
Spectron Premiere MKII 7 Channel Class D Amp (500w x 7)
2 Anthony Gallo Reference SA Amps
5 Anthony Gallo Reference 3.5 Speakers
Sunfire Super JR Subwoofer
Sony Z2 Series laptop as dedicated HTPC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9752 of 9753 Old 07-22-2016, 09:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Found out something interesting last night concerning the TWC TV streaming app. I'm using a Roku 4 to stream to a PJ setup where I have no cable box, and subscribe to HBO and Starz right now, and when using the TWC streaming app on it, most of the "premium" channels such as HBO,Starz, are ALL in HD! Meaning all of the HBO channels in the lineup are in HD, and even say so on the channel guide. On the cable box, usually there are only 1 or 2 HD channels for HBO, Starz, while the rest are SD, and window boxed. Not sure why it is that way, even called TWC this morning to ask why, and the rep really did not know. Anyone else know about this? and why? I'm in Orange County.

Last edited by Blasst; 07-22-2016 at 09:34 AM.
post #9753 of 9753 Old Today, 08:05 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blasst View Post
Found out something interesting last night concerning the TWC TV streaming app. I'm using a Roku 4 to stream to a PJ setup where I have no cable box, and subscribe to HBO and Starz right now, and when using the TWC streaming app on it, most of the "premium" channels such as HBO,Starz, are ALL in HD! Meaning all of the HBO channels in the lineup are in HD, and even say so on the channel guide. On the cable box, usually there are only 1 or 2 HD channels for HBO, Starz, while the rest are SD, and window boxed. Not sure why it is that way, even called TWC this morning to ask why, and the rep really did not know. Anyone else know about this? and why? I'm in Orange County.
Streaming content comes from a central location that feeds TWC customers using Roku nationally. On the cable box, it is broadcast from a regional headend and the amount of channel is dictated by your local headend and plant. The amount of channels via Roku app can theoretically be limitless while via cable box there are limitations.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page