Cincinnati, OH - HDTV - Page 480 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #14371 of 14372 Old Yesterday, 07:33 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Here’s my TVFool http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=29&q=id%3dec2f385689757 b

With Dayton and Cincy at about 200° apart I had 2 antenna A/B to try to get everything. I started with just a 71” from Radio Shack that did one or the other pretty well, but not both. It would pick up Cincy off of the back, but not well enough. I added an RCA ANT751R for Cincy, but still had dropouts and weak signals. After searching for a bi-directional antenna, I ended up making the Stealth Hawk. It was an easy build and pretty much free (already had everything I needed) and does as well if not better than the 2 antenna combined. I get pretty much 80% or better on everything I had before. And now Iget channel 25.1 (broadcast on 47) at about 30%. WDYC (36) WKOI (39) & WCVN(24) are 0-10%. But, I don’t get WOTH (20), WBQC (25) or WRGT (30).

Looking at the TVFool it seems I should be getting these(and better reception on 47), but can’t seem to bring them in regardless of where I’m aiming. I never got any of them with the other antenna either (or even knew they existed) so maybe it’s something between me and the broadcasts that’s keeping them out, but I get 9 & 12 @ 100% and it seems at least 47, 25 & 36 are in the same place.

Any suggestions would be helpful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14372 of 14372 Old Today, 10:33 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Hovey View Post
Here’s my TVFool http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=29&q=id%3dec2f385689757 b

With Dayton and Cincy at about 200° apart I had 2 antenna A/B to try to get everything. I started with just a 71” from Radio Shack that did one or the other pretty well, but not both. It would pick up Cincy off of the back, but not well enough. I added an RCA ANT751R for Cincy, but still had dropouts and weak signals. After searching for a bi-directional antenna, I ended up making the Stealth Hawk. It was an easy build and pretty much free (already had everything I needed) and does as well if not better than the 2 antenna combined. I get pretty much 80% or better on everything I had before. And now Iget channel 25.1 (broadcast on 47) at about 30%. WDYC (36) WKOI (39) & WCVN(24) are 0-10%. But, I don’t get WOTH (20), WBQC (25) or WRGT (30).

Looking at the TVFool it seems I should be getting these(and better reception on 47), but can’t seem to bring them in regardless of where I’m aiming. I never got any of them with the other antenna either (or even knew they existed) so maybe it’s something between me and the broadcasts that’s keeping them out, but I get 9 & 12 @ 100% and it seems at least 47, 25 & 36 are in the same place.

Any suggestions would be helpful.
Looks like you're close enough to the Cincy stations that they should be fairly easy to get. I'm guessing you're using the antenna indoors, not outdoors?
Dayton stations probably aren't going to be possible with any antenna used indoors. I've got an old style CM4228 and a 91XG antenna mounted on the roof. With either antenna pointed SW I get
Cincy channels fine and Dayton off the back side. I only have the #4228 hooked up now here in Clermont County. Long story short.....get the antenna outside if at all possible.

OTA and old C band 8' dish in Goshen, 47" Vizio 3D Tv with Philips 3D Dvd player, Gateway 3.6Ghz - 2Tb computer for home theatre setup
Old style CM4228 and 91XG antennas

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page