Cincinnati, OH - HDTV - Page 487 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 50Likes

post #14581 of 14598 Old 05-22-2015, 06:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I read where the Decades Network goes live on May 25th. The programming list on wikipedia looked really pretty good. Appreciate all Elliott's efforts in giving us more to watch too.
microbob and robmadden1 like this.

KU 36" dish / C band 8' dish no longer hooked up, 47" Vizio 3D Tv with Philips 3D Dvd player, Gateway 3.6Ghz - 2Tb computer for home theatre setup
Old style CM4228 and 91XG antennas for OTA.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14582 of 14598 Old 05-23-2015, 06:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkrp View Post
Rick, are they still around, from what you report they have been off the air in Vegas for weeks, they have always been if'y. But you know Vegas is in the wild wild west, any thing goes!
Elliott
The local rumor is that a link in the system somewhere is the problem. The diginets has not aired in several weeks, but is expected to return once repairs are in place. Of course Vegas is shaking things up with yesterday's 4.8 earthquake. We now have 72 sub-channels operating from 22 stations in this Sin City of the Wild West ( if they were all on at the same time).

Wanting a strong FCC to say no to the Wireless lobby. Keep the tv broadcast band for ota television broadcasters.
post #14583 of 14598 Old 05-23-2015, 11:26 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 227 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Send a message via AIM to Trip in VA Send a message via Yahoo to Trip in VA
Quote:
Rick, are they still around, from what you report they have been off the air in Vegas for weeks, they have always been if'y. But you know Vegas is in the wild wild west, any thing goes!
Elliott
Still running in DC.

- Trip

N4MJC

Comments are my own and not that of the FCC (my employer) or anyone else.

RabbitEars

"Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand..." - Rush "Witch Hunt"

post #14584 of 14598 Old 05-24-2015, 07:39 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmyhdtv View Post
I read where the Decades Network goes live on May 25th. The programming list on wikipedia looked really pretty good. Appreciate all Elliott's efforts in giving us more to watch too.
Here is part of there press releases,

"Beginning Monday, May 25th, our binge programming will move to weekends and Decades will begin! Decades is a new network where entertainment and history come together. Each day it will feature the original series “Through the Decades,” hosted by Bill Kurtis. Each day viewers explore a daily time capsule focusing on moments in time or historical themes, and how television dealt with significant events. A collection of films and television programs relating to those events and themes will complete the day’s programming. Each day will feature a different collection of programs. We’ll release schedules here and on decades.com shortly. Stay tuned, and thanks for being a part of our launch!"

Starting tomorrow on WOTH channel 20.2.
luvmyhdtv likes this.
post #14585 of 14598 Old 05-25-2015, 11:24 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
there is a lot of Networks out there, we even talked to a few, but Cincinnati DMA has less that 2% Hispanic in population. Don't thing we could find advertiser to support the programing. For a city our size there is no Hispanic radio,.
I know that the city has a low hispanic population, but north and south of the city are larger populations. Finding advertisers is always a chore though. Not to take away from your point, but WOXY 97.7 (Licensed to Mason) is a Spanish language station serving the Cincinnati area for 5 years.
There used to be an AM Spanish station in NKY (I think 1160) but they had such limited range that they couldn't reach the scattered community.
Still. Thanks for at least looking into it.

Last edited by TNGTony; 05-25-2015 at 11:28 AM.
post #14586 of 14598 Old 05-29-2015, 07:09 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Antenna TV will not ever be on one of my station, period.
And there will not room for them on one of the other local station with all the new Netlets emerging.

There will be more choices on both 20 and 25 eleven in all, BUT no Antenna TV.
did hell freeze over? AntennaTV coming to WOTH on 6/1 on 20-3

you were the first to correctly pick our new Network, Antenna TV, official it will start June 1st.
luvmyhdtv likes this.
post #14587 of 14598 Old 05-29-2015, 08:10 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Wow.. I'm shocked. Never thought Antenna TV would ever be available on WOTH. Congratulations on getting this channel. 20/25 really have a great lineup with all the best diginets currently available.

-----------
Robert
post #14588 of 14598 Old 05-30-2015, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclehonkey View Post
did hell freeze over? AntennaTV coming to WOTH on 6/1 on 20-3

you were the first to correctly pick our new Network, Antenna TV, official it will start June 1st.
Sure is cold down here in Hell. Keep watching channel 20, it's like TV Heaven, where all good show end up.
luvmyhdtv and tim58hsv like this.
post #14589 of 14598 Old 05-30-2015, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by microbob View Post
Wow.. I'm shocked. Never thought Antenna TV would ever be available on WOTH. Congratulations on getting this channel. 20/25 really have a great lineup with all the best diginets currently available.
Thanks, Microbob, Block Broadcasting has worked very hard for over 25 years to bring it's hometown great Television. We now have 11 choices for you, our viewer.
luvmyhdtv and tim58hsv like this.
post #14590 of 14598 Old 05-30-2015, 06:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Elliott, and the entire team at WOTH/WKRP, brought Antenna TV to their knees. Yes they will, on occasion, affiliate with a LPTV operator. Congrats.

Wanting a strong FCC to say no to the Wireless lobby. Keep the tv broadcast band for ota television broadcasters.
post #14591 of 14598 Old 05-30-2015, 10:37 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdvegas View Post
Elliott, and the entire team at WOTH/WKRP, brought Antenna TV to their knees. Yes they will, on occasion, affiliate with a LPTV operator. Congrats.
Class-A digitals are a different breed though.

Wow... Movies!, Decades, and Antenna TV. This is huge!!! Congratulations on landing these networks!
post #14592 of 14598 Old 05-30-2015, 11:39 AM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Antenna Tv is now broadcasting on 20-3. Antenna Tv seems better than Me Tv. I can even receive ch.20-3 in the spare bedroom with an indoor antenna. its hard to believe the full power stations never carried Antenna Tv. Antenna Tv programming is far superior than the subs on 9-2, 9-3 , 19-2 , and 64-2. thank you Elliot for carrying quality channels and not just adding anything.
luvmyhdtv likes this.

Last edited by Balloonfanatic; 05-30-2015 at 11:55 AM.
post #14593 of 14598 Old 05-30-2015, 06:17 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 23
ellot @ woth ch. 20. once again thank you for antenna tv and decades. could you do me a favor and send tivo your current channel lineup so myself, my parents and countless others can start recording ch.20 programming on their tivo dvr's.

the only way I get ch.20 on my tivo roamio was thru a complicated chanel rescan. (tivo couldn't find ch.20 during a channel rescan on my parents series 3 hd tivo).
it would be much easier for tivo customers to have your channels automatically added to their lineups as new channels received like when ch.7 whio did when they added laff tv it just appeared as a new channel 7-3.

tivo doesn't have any ch. 20 programming listed which is costing you viewers and money.

Last edited by Balloonfanatic; 05-30-2015 at 06:45 PM.
post #14594 of 14598 Old 05-30-2015, 06:20 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Crittenden

Im down here in Crittenden, Ky and getting 54 Channels off this new antenna I just bought from Parts Express. ANTOP UHF-262 With no amp. Aiming down and across 75S towards Independence

All channels coming in clear. Most are 75% signal or more. Channel 20 is coming in around 80% and 25 around 50%. 25 seems to break up during the day sometimes but plays well 90% of the time. Might have to add a amp. Getting tons of Dayton Ohio Channels.

Thanks for adding Antenna TV! Was trying hard to pull it out of Lexington and Louisville. Now I don't have to buy another antenna for it. Thanks again!
post #14595 of 14598 Old Yesterday, 03:54 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradD View Post
Im down here in Crittenden, Ky and getting 54 Channels off this new antenna I just bought from Parts Express. ANTOP UHF-262 With no amp. Aiming down and across 75S towards Independence

All channels coming in clear. Most are 75% signal or more. Channel 20 is coming in around 80% and 25 around 50%. 25 seems to break up during the day sometimes but plays well 90% of the time. Might have to add a amp. Getting tons of Dayton Ohio Channels.

Thanks for adding Antenna TV! Was trying hard to pull it out of Lexington and Louisville. Now I don't have to buy another antenna for it. Thanks again!
BradD. If you don't use a rotor try that first before adding a pre amp. If you buy a pre amp try the RCA pre amp which you can find at Menards for around 20 bucks. It is not prone to overload in strong signal areas and still has plenty of gain if you are in a fringe setting. I have installed one at my house in Covington and it allows me to get a couple of Dayton stations which previously I could not obtain with just the antenna.
post #14596 of 14598 Old Yesterday, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balloonfanatic View Post
ellot @ woth ch. 20. once again thank you for antenna tv and decades. could you do me a favor and send tivo your current channel lineup so myself, my parents and countless others can start recording ch.20 programming on their tivo dvr's.

the only way I get ch.20 on my tivo roamio was thru a complicated chanel rescan. (tivo couldn't find ch.20 during a channel rescan on my parents series 3 hd tivo).
it would be much easier for tivo customers to have your channels automatically added to their lineups as new channels received like when ch.7 whio did when they added laff tv it just appeared as a new channel 7-3.

tivo doesn't have any ch. 20 programming listed which is costing you viewers and money.
Tim, We are working on all the listing services to get the programing to them. Zap to it, I think is still missing. Matt, here at the station has a Tivo, I'll check with him if the guide info is there, he is the one that works with the listing service. Give him a call @ 631-8825 weekdays, and see where the issue is.
post #14597 of 14598 Old Yesterday, 07:56 AM

Antenna TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradD View Post

Glad you found us, and Antenna TV. We worked with them for years and we were finally able to bring it to the Cincinnati Viewers. FYI we are there 100th affiliate and the only independently own and the only LPTV station in the top 75 WE are very very happy. Also we are the only LPTV to carry Decades. WOTH is also the only independently own, not a CBS O&O station in the top 38 markets. Decades has 29 affiliates.
Be sure and use all the money you saved on another antenna on popcorn and pizza and enjoy our new line-up!
luvmyhdtv likes this.
post #14598 of 14598 Old Today, 03:31 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Now the next trick is to get Dish to carry the listings on their electronic program guide!

Thanks for the great programming, WKRP.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception