Cincinnati, OH - HDTV - Page 490 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!


Forum Jump: 
 63Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #14671 of 14684 Old 08-16-2015, 12:30 PM
Senior Member
 
Balloonfanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 200
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 24
just put up a new "stellar labs quad bay antenna" from mcm electronics.
dayton ch. 26 and 45 are coming in around 36 percent here in sharonville while all the other dayton channels are around 70 percent + .
just curious if its on my end or are they still doing transmitter work and operating at reduced power.

Last edited by Balloonfanatic; 08-16-2015 at 12:38 PM.
Balloonfanatic is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #14672 of 14684 Old 08-17-2015, 04:40 PM
Member
 
WILWRadio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 93
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balloonfanatic View Post
just put up a new "stellar labs quad bay antenna" from mcm electronics.
dayton ch. 26 and 45 are coming in around 36 percent here in sharonville while all the other dayton channels are around 70 percent + .
just curious if its on my end or are they still doing transmitter work and operating at reduced power.
How does this compare to your previous antenna in terms of performance? Better or worse on some channels?
WILWRadio is offline  
post #14673 of 14684 Old 08-17-2015, 07:54 PM
Member
 
513Tech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Cincinnati, OH (Western Hills)
Posts: 62
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Heard SBG currently own Ch. 12, 64 and 25 is it true?
513Tech is offline  
post #14674 of 14684 Old 08-17-2015, 08:06 PM
Senior Member
 
microbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Northern KY Greater Cincinnati (DryRidge)
Posts: 469
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by 513Tech View Post
Heard SBG currently own Ch. 12, 64 and 25 is it true?
They don't own WBQC 25 but you're right they do own 12, 12.2, 64, 64.2

-----------
Robert
microbob is offline  
post #14675 of 14684 Old 08-17-2015, 08:40 PM
Senior Member
 
Balloonfanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 200
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILWRadio View Post
How does this compare to your previous antenna in terms of performance? Better or worse on some channels?
I like the unit - get all cincy and dayton channls (including 25, 20, 54) except 36. mcm electronics has the dual bay on sale for $29.99 and the single bay for $15.99 (source code A50774). I tried pointing both bays towards dayton then tried towards cincy. that doesnt work you loose some channels. when you point each antenna towards each cities towers it works great. I scanned in 53 channels here in sharonville.

I lost all my dayton channels this evening except 22. dont know if they powered down or I have water in one of the cheap rg59 wires that came with the unit after todays thunderstorms 1.25".
---------
will replacing the antennas cheap rg59 cables combining the 2 antennas with rg6 cables improve the reception?

Last edited by Balloonfanatic; 08-17-2015 at 08:58 PM.
Balloonfanatic is online now  
post #14676 of 14684 Old 08-18-2015, 05:04 AM
Member
 
WILWRadio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 93
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balloonfanatic View Post
I like the unit - get all cincy and dayton channls (including 25, 20, 54) except 36. mcm electronics has the dual bay on sale for $29.99 and the single bay for $15.99 (source code A50774). I tried pointing both bays towards dayton then tried towards cincy. that doesnt work you loose some channels. when you point each antenna towards each cities towers it works great. I scanned in 53 channels here in sharonville.

I lost all my dayton channels this evening except 22. dont know if they powered down or I have water in one of the cheap rg59 wires that came with the unit after todays thunderstorms 1.25".
---------
will replacing the antennas cheap rg59 cables combining the 2 antennas with rg6 cables improve the reception?
I usually use RG6 and try to find Quad Shield when I am in a urban or suburban area. Better shielding. RG11 when I am in a Fringe or Deep Fringe situation.

Which antenna were you using previously?
WILWRadio is offline  
post #14677 of 14684 Old 08-18-2015, 06:19 AM
Senior Member
 
Balloonfanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 200
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILWRadio View Post
I usually use RG6 and try to find Quad Shield when I am in a urban or suburban area. Better shielding. RG11 when I am in a Fringe or Deep Fringe situation.

Which antenna were you using previously?
2 radio shack vu90 antennas one towards dayton and 1 towards cincy and an a/b switch.

new antenna update. all the dayton stations were back by 8am at previous signal levels.
does this mean I dont have water in the connections or was this a trippo night.
Balloonfanatic is online now  
post #14678 of 14684 Old 08-18-2015, 04:13 PM
Member
 
513Tech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Cincinnati, OH (Western Hills)
Posts: 62
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by microbob View Post
They don't own WBQC 25 but you're right they do own 12, 12.2, 64, 64.2
Thanks Bob for clearing it up
513Tech is offline  
post #14679 of 14684 Old 08-18-2015, 05:03 PM
Member
 
WILWRadio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 93
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balloonfanatic View Post
2 radio shack vu90 antennas one towards dayton and 1 towards cincy and an a/b switch.

new antenna update. all the dayton stations were back by 8am at previous signal levels.
does this mean I dont have water in the connections or was this a trippo night.
Those RS antennas must have been 20 years old or older. I recall they were being made back in the 1970's!

Tropo. Not sure. I have signals that come in and out from time to time. Most likely if they are 2 edge signals (which is the case for me at my home in Covington with the Dayton stations) then they bounce off things before hitting the antenna at your home. That being the case sometimes they won't come in at all and other times they do.

Check the signal strength meter on your TV for each channel from time to time to see how strong they are. If they are weak then chances are they are 2 edge.
WILWRadio is offline  
post #14680 of 14684 Old 08-20-2015, 05:23 PM
Senior Member
 
Balloonfanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 200
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 24
anyone else having reception issues with daytons fox45. I barely receive it at 36-39 percent in sharonville.
since ch. 22 changed channels both ch. 2 and 22 have much stronger signal strengths. I wonder if ch. 19 (29) much stronger signal is causing the signal attinuation on fox45 (30).

Last edited by Balloonfanatic; 08-20-2015 at 05:31 PM.
Balloonfanatic is online now  
post #14681 of 14684 Old 08-21-2015, 03:03 AM
Senior Member
 
Bubster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 495
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balloonfanatic View Post
anyone else having reception issues with daytons fox45. I barely receive it at 36-39 percent in sharonville.
since ch. 22 changed channels both ch. 2 and 22 have much stronger signal strengths. I wonder if ch. 19 (29) much stronger signal is causing the signal attinuation on fox45 (30).
Strong as usual here in Fairfield with my attic antenna, 30db and full bars according to my 5 yr old Sammy LCD. I have terrain issues here near the golf course and only get WSTR from Cincy, but I get all the main Dayton stations except 16 (PBS).
Bubster is offline  
post #14682 of 14684 Old 08-22-2015, 07:01 PM
AVS Special Member
 
RobLee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: CVG
Posts: 2,160
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 150
Suddenly tonite I'm getting SyFy (TWC channel 1224) at 720p... I could have sworn it always used to be 1080i... I've switched channels back and forth and Spike, BBC, TNT etc are all still 1080, but SyFy is 720. Am I going nuts?

Polk RtiA9's, Denon 4520 & Emo XPA-5, CsiA6, RtiA7 surrounds, FxiA6 rears, twin Klipsch Synergy Sub-12's. Family room: RtiA3's & Rti4 surrounds, Csi3, Klipsch SW-450, Yamaha 565... Bedroom: Lsi9's on an Onkyo TX-8050
RobLee is offline  
post #14683 of 14684 Old 08-22-2015, 07:26 PM
Senior Member
 
microbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Northern KY Greater Cincinnati (DryRidge)
Posts: 469
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 16
TWC must be doing something with some of there HD channels lately. Here where I live in Northern KY Discovery ID has been in 480i for about a month. They don't care that it's broken either. I've contacted them about many times and it never gets fixed and they give the standard reboot your DVR by unplugging the power cord magic fix that does nothing.

-----------
Robert
microbob is offline  
post #14684 of 14684 Old 08-22-2015, 07:30 PM
AVS Special Member
 
RobLee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: CVG
Posts: 2,160
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 150
I got it "fixed" sort of. If I switch to a 480 channel then SyFy is 1080 when I switch back. Seems to only be affecting SyFy for some reason. Must be a quirk of the DVR box.

Polk RtiA9's, Denon 4520 & Emo XPA-5, CsiA6, RtiA7 surrounds, FxiA6 rears, twin Klipsch Synergy Sub-12's. Family room: RtiA3's & Rti4 surrounds, Csi3, Klipsch SW-450, Yamaha 565... Bedroom: Lsi9's on an Onkyo TX-8050
RobLee is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off