Ft. Wayne update - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 09-28-2003, 05:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Currently here in North East Indiana Wise-Tv has the old top section of their antenna off the tower. The tower crew is ready to hoist the new digital/analog antenna to the top of the mast. A side mounted antenna is currently being used at reduced power . This is at the 400 ft. level and the analog signal is also sent from this temporary antenna. WPTA, WANE also has tower work finished but no analog signal as of today. WFWA PBS has HD 40-1 and digital 40-2 working. And the WFWA tower work is finished as well. Fox WFFT has an antenna still mounted at the 200ft. level with 100 watts of power to the antenna. It can hardly make city grade reception. Thats it for now from sleepy Ft. Wayne.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-28-2003, 09:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Is the rumor true that WPTA-DT 24 is planning to sign on Tuesday, Sept. 30? According to their last extension with the FCC, the station technically has until Dec. 11, 2003 to sign on. According to an old book I have about Indiana broadcasting, WPTA-21 signed on today, Sept. 28, 1957.

Steve
post #3 of 5 Old 09-29-2003, 06:07 PM - Thread Starter

I do not know if DT 24 is on or DT 31 as well . My 4228 antenna must be relocated so it will not be up until this weekend. By the way no tower work was done today Monday 9-29 on the WISE antenna. I think the weather has a factor in this. The analog Wise signal is very weak and hardly watchable in Auburn 20 miles away! No word on WFFT Fox digital 36. Do you know when they will start tower work? Currently they cant make city grade penetration.
post #4 of 5 Old 09-30-2003, 05:31 PM

Liked: 11
WPTA-DT must not be transmitting. I don't have anything on my signal meter. DAMN! That's the only channel I want! I must see Alias in 16:9 HDTV!!! I had to suffer through it in analog last Sunday. I was REALLY hoping to see it in at least uncropped 480i digital this coming Sunday. Anybody know what the chances of that are? Is WPTA gonna be a huge disappointment like WANE and WFFT? I'm tired of watching the HD loop on PBS! How can they expect people to jump on board if there is no programming. I'm still telling my friends to hold off and I will continue to do so until there is at LEAST one major network transmitting regular programming in HD.
post #5 of 5 Old 10-02-2003, 08:09 PM - Thread Starter

As of today 10-2-03 I spoke to WPTA and they told me that the target date is around October 30th.I hope something happens soon at WISE tv. The top of the new antenna is still on the ground and the gin poles are attached to the upper part of the TV tower. I am sure the are close to hoisting the new digital antenna to the very top. I was at Circuit City today and they are displaying WFWA HD 40-1 on a 30 inch samsung 16-9 tube set. It did look very good. Thats it for now.
Closed Thread Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page