Hartford, CT - OTA - Page 243 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 4Likes
post #7261 of 7262 Unread Today, 05:20 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by fred9 View Post
update The plot thickens Channel 3 came in perfectly this morning from 7 to 9:30 AM when I the house. But now at 1:28 PM back to freezing and "no signal" briefly like yesterday afternoon..

Channel 3, WFSB, CBS is now choppy, breaking up often.
I'm in Simsbury and a few weeks ago I put up a Winegard Free Vision Model FVHD30H on the north side of my house facing north at about the gutter level on a 2 story house. I get great reception of the MA stations NBC 22, PBS on 57, ABC on 40.1 and FOX on 40.2. Attached is the listing of the local stations. It shows Channel 3 is the closest to my location but about 180 degrees opposite.

Does this antenna do poorly for stations on the back side?

The antenna is at the east corner. Should I try to turn it to face more towards the east?

Any other ideas?

Let me know if I should move this to the technical forum http://www.avsforum.com/forum/25-hdtv-technical/

This is my first try at "cutting the cord".

Thanks
All stations are ok now that I turned the antenna 180 degrees. I now even get Channel 8 out of New Haven (Hamden).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7262 of 7262 Unread Today, 07:35 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 14
You should also be getting channel 59 (MY), since they transmit from the same area as channel 8...Madmere Mountain in Hamden.

Did your reception of the Springfield, MA stations change much? I don't get them here in New Britain...although I did get channel 40 to pop in a time or two in either late spring or early summer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page