post #3751 of 3759 Old 09-02-2014, 07:46 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by alesch1 View Post
Did you rescan the channels? The channels you are not getting changed frequency in the last few years.
That did the trick. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3752 of 3759 Old 09-02-2014, 07:49 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixfury View Post
If you have an amplifier on your antenna, take it out of the loop... Also as the previous poster stated also rescan....Go to tvfool.com to see what direction, elevation, and distance you are from the local towers. They are all in the same general area and what you need to do is aim for the middle and adjust ever so slightly accordingly.
The re-scan brought them all in. I did do a TVFool map and I looked at my antenna. It's not aimed quite due south like I thought it was but since I'm getting all the channels now, I guess it's close enough.

Thanks.
post #3753 of 3759 Old 09-02-2014, 07:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmacmil View Post
The re-scan brought them all in. I did do a TVFool map and I looked at my antenna. It's not aimed quite due south like I thought it was but since I'm getting all the channels now, I guess it's close enough.

Thanks.
If close enough is good enough and all of your channels look good, that's fantastic! I assume you live close enough to the towers that you could pick them all up with a paper clip if you wanted to. LOL! I'm not sure about that though. How far is the farthest tower you are receiving? What is the amount of signal strength on that tower? I'm just curious.
post #3754 of 3759 Old 09-02-2014, 08:24 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
If close enough is good enough and all of your channels look good, that's fantastic! I assume you live close enough to the towers that you could pick them all up with a paper clip if you wanted to. LOL! I'm not sure about that though. How far is the farthest tower you are receiving? What is the amount of signal strength on that tower? I'm just curious.
I just checked, the farthest tower is 8.7 miles from you. I suspect you are hitting 100% or darn close to it on all the local channels. As I said you should be able to get them all with a paperclip if you wanted to. My point is you probably could point your antenna in any direction and still get a good signal on all of the channels.
post #3755 of 3759 Old 09-02-2014, 09:48 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I just checked, the farthest tower is 8.7 miles from you. I suspect you are hitting 100% or darn close to it on all the local channels.
My TV Fool map shows WHME (which I don't watch) at 9.0 miles away, 169 deg., and a signal strength of -29.1dbm. The weakest signal is ch. 69 at -39.2. I don't watch that one either but it seemed to come in just fine, at least during the 3 seconds or so I watched as I ran through all the channels. My "calibrated eyeball" tells me my antenna is aimed at about 170 degrees.
post #3756 of 3759 Old 09-13-2014, 07:33 AM
Advanced Member

Not sure if this sub-forum is about OTA only so I'm going to ask a question about Comcast. Is anyone using a Tivo with Comcast? And if so, do you get On-Demand with the Tivo? I read recently that Comcast added VOD to Tivo in all markets and am wondering if it has actually happened in the SB area.
post #3757 of 3759 Old 09-13-2014, 05:24 PM

You're fine. Take a market like Chicago, it is divided into threads based on provider, with a separate OTA thread. You'll see that it says OTA in the thread title. This one only says HDTV, so discussion of paid TV providers is on topic. Basically, if it has to do with HDTV and South Bend, IN, it's on topic here. Discussion of DXing, HD Radio, HDTV equipment questions of a non-local nature (antennas, local installers and repairers, and local stores are fine, favorite subwoofer probably isn't), analog TV, analog radio may all be slightly off topic, depending on the thread and moderator, but are usually fine to talk briefly about, as well. Just don't get carried away with them.

Of course, IANAM(od), but this conforms with what I've seen in this and other threads.
post #3758 of 3759 Old 09-23-2014, 02:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmacmil View Post
Is anyone using a Tivo with Comcast? And if so, do you get On-Demand with the Tivo? I read recently that Comcast added VOD to Tivo in all markets and am wondering if it has actually happened in the SB area.
No one in South Bend uses a Tivo?
post #3759 of 3759 Old 10-15-2014, 06:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
What the heck happened to the audio on ABC 57 tonight during Modern Family? At first, there was no dialogue (bad downmix from 5.1 to stereo, cutting out the center channel?) and then later, the dialogue came back, but it came back with the descriptive audio as well, describing what was happening on screen. Really weird.
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page