South Bend, IN - HDTV - Page 127 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #3781 of 3792 Old 01-19-2015, 11:36 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixfury View Post
I just turned on my bedroom tv and both 25 and 69 are not broadcasting bit 57 seems fine. That's weird.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Thanks, this makes more sense. I have the same results, maybe the standby antenna for 25 does not work very good LOL. I'm glad hvs10trk keeps us up to date though. It's not like any other engineer even posts here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3782 of 3792 Old 01-19-2015, 11:38 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timroberts View Post
Thanks, this makes more sense. I have the same results, maybe the standby antenna for 25 does not work very good LOL. I'm glad hvs10trk keeps us up to date though. It's not like any other engineer even posts here.
I was about to post they are back up. I took a shower in between and found 69 still not broadcasting. Went back to 25 it was broadcasting, back to 69 and it was also broadcasting. I must had checked the very moment they went back online.
post #3783 of 3792 Old 01-19-2015, 11:48 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixfury View Post
I was about to post they are back up. I took a shower in between and found 69 still not broadcasting. Went back to 25 it was broadcasting, back to 69 and it was also broadcasting. I must had checked the very moment they went back online.
Yep 25 is back and strong again.

Thanks Phoenixfury and hvs10trk!
post #3784 of 3792 Old 01-19-2015, 11:52 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timroberts View Post
Yep 25 is back and strong again.

Thanks Phoenixfury and hvs10trk!
I just checked the signal strength on my Sharp again. Seeing 78 for signal strength. Still looks fantastic!
post #3785 of 3792 Old 01-21-2015, 05:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Btw hvs, can you explain what's going on with cw25? It appears like either the fields have been swapped, or its only running at 1920x540 rather than full 1080i

Its been like this for probably a couple months now.
post #3786 of 3792 Old 01-31-2015, 05:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphinapg View Post
Btw hvs, can you explain what's going on with cw25? It appears like either the fields have been swapped, or its only running at 1920x540 rather than full 1080i

Its been like this for probably a couple months now.
There's nothing going on with WCWW. We're outputing an ATSC standard 1080i signal. It wouldn't surprise me thought in this digital technology has a sense of humor world that there's something embedded in the signal that's ticking off your gear. For example, there was a software update to our PSIP gear about 4 years ago that killed all APEX STB's trying to watch us. They'd constantly reboot. That's probably the quickest downgrade I've ever done!

"Celebrating over 20 years of creating new and inovative ways to completely screw up television programming!"

Disclaimer: My opinions are mine and do not represent those of my employer
post #3787 of 3792 Old 01-31-2015, 06:11 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvs10trk View Post
There's nothing going on with WCWW. We're outputing an ATSC standard 1080i signal. It wouldn't surprise me thought in this digital technology has a sense of humor world that there's something embedded in the signal that's ticking off your gear. For example, there was a software update to our PSIP gear about 4 years ago that killed all APEX STB's trying to watch us. They'd constantly reboot. That's probably the quickest downgrade I've ever done!
Is it possible the issue is with the national CW source? This seems unlikely, but not impossible. I've only seen the same issue once before, and that was with Craig Ferguson's show, but all other shows on WSBT and all other 1080i signals look perfect.

I'll see if I can do a screencap from my uverse box. I've noticed it during Flash, Arrow, and The 100 every week for a while now.
post #3788 of 3792 Old 01-31-2015, 07:26 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Is it possible the issue is with the national CW source? This seems unlikely, but not impossible. I've only seen the same issue once before, and that was with Craig Ferguson's show, but all other shows on WSBT and all other 1080i signals look perfect.

I'll see if I can do a screencap from my uverse box. I've noticed it during Flash, Arrow, and The 100 every week for a while now.
I haven't noticed a problem, I watch Flash with an antenna
post #3789 of 3792 Old 01-31-2015, 12:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Anything's possible in the digital world. I've seen some crazy things. Is it just CW Network programming or does it include local syndicated stuff?

"Celebrating over 20 years of creating new and inovative ways to completely screw up television programming!"

post #3790 of 3792 Old 01-31-2015, 02:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvs10trk View Post
Anything's possible in the digital world. I've seen some crazy things. Is it just CW Network programming or does it include local syndicated stuff?
Looking at it now (The Middle rerun) it doesn't appear to have the issue, although it could be because The Middle comes from a 720p source. Commercial break looks fine, but I couldn't tell if any of the commercials came from a proper native 1080i source, but upscaled content certainly seems to be displaying properly.
post #3791 of 3792 Old 02-01-2015, 02:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Looking at it now (The Middle rerun) it doesn't appear to have the issue, although it could be because The Middle comes from a 720p source. Commercial break looks fine, but I couldn't tell if any of the commercials came from a proper native 1080i source, but upscaled content certainly seems to be displaying properly.
With the amount of conversion of programming these days, I'm wouldn't be surprised if something gets trapped in the metadata.

post #3792 of 3792 Old 02-03-2015, 08:42 PM
Advanced Member

I took some screenshots of The Flash tonight using my capture device. Note that the images will be somewhat compressed, due to the nature of my device, but the effect I was describing is still noticeable. It's most noticeable around the edges of the CW logo, but the jaggies are also noticeable on other prominent edges. The last image for some reason isn't showing the same artifacts, and appears to be displaying all edges properly, however it does look blurry, so it may have some deinterlacing being applied by my receiver for some reason (even though it outputs in 1080i). I tested whether a field swap would fix the issue, and it did not help. Deinterlacing does help smooth the edges better, so obviously the issue is happening on alternating fields, but I'm not quite sure what the issue is.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Flash1.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	524881   Click image for larger version

Name:	Flash2.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	109.0 KB
ID:	524889   Click image for larger version

Name:	Flash3.jpg
Views:	62