2Likes

post #10471 of 10481 Old 07-02-2014, 06:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Movies! on WJZY 46.2

Also the Movies! channel is now airing on WJZY 46.2 for those with an antenna, and can be received in parts of the GSP area.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10472 of 10481 Old 07-03-2014, 09:03 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubber View Post
Was just flipping the OTA channels and instead of the
usual color bars on 40.2 I found the GetTV Channel, they are showing old movies. Never heard of them, I wonder if this is another collection of B grade movies that very few people care about seeing like THIS TV is. THIS TV repeats the same old middling movies over and over and over again month after month year after year.

I wonder if WYFF will ever add a .3 to their sub-channel line up?

I dearly miss NBC Weather PLUS at least it provided something useful and live 24/7. Amazingly Weather PLUS has lived on in some markets with little or no changes except that it is a stand alone product and not part of the NBC network. I think WVIR in Virginia still brands it Weather PLUS. and it can still be seen live streaming on their website as well. At least four or five other markets still use the Weather PLUS engine with minor modifications like KY 3 24/7 in MO, and Iowa's Weather Channel on WHO TV. Well I'm pretty sure that WYFF never sold the computer and additional equipment for Weather PLUS so maybe it will return someday.

I have to comment on the problem of receiving WLOS DT 13 in the Anderson, SC area because it is nearly impossible even with a good antenna to get the ABC affiliate, I don't understand why they can't get approval to carry WLOS on the WMYA sub channel. I would think that the FCC would step in because they are not serving this part of their market well at all, I'd pull their license, as Sinclair is a bunch of idiots anyhow.
I know other NBC stations has ThisTV as subchannels like WIS in Columbia, SC and WMC in Memphis, TN (both Raycom Owned) plus KPRC in Houston, TX and WDIV in Detroit, MI (both owned by Post-Newsweek)

I know that our ABC affiliate WLOS 13 owners' (Sinclair) almost tried to slay Charleston, SC's ABC station WCIV but WCIV is still on the air. WLOS and adjacent Charlotte's WSOC carries America This Morning (like majority of ABC O&Os in NYC, LA, Chicago, SF, Philly, Houston, Fresno, and Raleigh) at 4am, while Columbia's WOLO, Augusta's WJBF, Savannah's WJCL, and Charleston's WCIV carries it at 4:30am.

WBTV in Charlotte and WTOC in Savannah carries CBS Morning News at 4am while Charleston's WCSC, Columbia's WLTX, Augusta's WRDW, and our WSPA carries it at 4:30am.

WYFF here, Charlotte's WCNC, and Columbia's WIS carries Early Today at 4am while Augusta's WAGT, Charleston's WCBD, and Savannah's WSAV carries it at 4:30am.

Too bad that WCBD nor WJBF and nor WSAV have the new Media General graphics like WSPA has. But StormTeam 7 is renamed 24/7 Weather as of this week. My pal Chris got to meet Christy Henderson at the Weather Tour two days ago.

On WJZY, I can get off and on the FOX O&O from Charlotte OTA mostly at night sometimes.

Spencer Karter

Cities I've DXed OTA at my location on DXing: Atlanta, Charlotte, Greensboro/Winston-Salem, Savannah, Raleigh, Lumberton, and Charleston!

Last edited by SpencerKarter85; 07-03-2014 at 09:05 AM. Reason: typo and addition
post #10473 of 10481 Old 07-03-2014, 03:57 PM
AVS Special Member

I heard about the WSPA 24/7 Weather Tour, but it sounded like some big gimmicky publicity stunt.
post #10474 of 10481 Old 07-07-2014, 09:01 PM

UPDATE

During primetime, I've pointed my antenna to the Augusta, GA towers. I've picked up total 47 channels OTA. Mostly from adjacent Augusta, GA (but I've picked up WFXG 54.1 and it was depixelizing and signal disappeared during their 10pm newscast produced by their sister station WTOC in Savannah, GA), and another adjacent Columbia, SC (I've picked up a very good signal of WIS 10.1, no signal showing up for WLTX 19.1 and WACH 57.1 and WOLO 25.1 was depixelizing too). I've also picked up some of our in market channels and none of the Charlotte, NC locals OTA unfortunately.

I'm still using that AntennaCraft C490 outdoor antenna.

Spencer Karter

Cities I've DXed OTA at my location on DXing: Atlanta, Charlotte, Greensboro/Winston-Salem, Savannah, Raleigh, Lumberton, and Charleston!
post #10475 of 10481 Old 07-09-2014, 05:39 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
Also the Movies! channel is now airing on WJZY 46.2 for those with an antenna, and can be received in parts of the GSP area.
I wonder if Antenna TV return this this area i been out of the loop with the OVER Air HDTV channels since i got charter spectrum now.

since Movies channels been add to 46.2

also Does anybody know if Charter add any new channels today. as my cousin called me told me that her aunt called her to tell her about the new channel. i have the silver package.
post #10476 of 10481 Old 07-09-2014, 06:56 PM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
I heard about the WSPA 24/7 Weather Tour, but it sounded like some big gimmicky publicity stunt.
I notice WSPA change it weather tittle from storm team 7 to 24 x 7 weather

It been Storm team 7 for along time back and was used when Jack Roper was doing the weather.
post #10477 of 10481 Old 07-10-2014, 05:54 PM

I'm picking up the 4 networks (even Channel 13, abc) using an Antennas Direct C2-V-CJM, Clearstream 2-V indoor/ outdoor VHF/ UHF antenna.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
post #10478 of 10481 Old 07-10-2014, 06:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldielox View Post
I'm picking up the 4 networks (even Channel 13, abc) using an Antennas Direct C2-V-CJM, Clearstream 2-V indoor/ outdoor VHF/ UHF antenna.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
That is a good antenna and you can also get it at Walmart.
post #10479 of 10481 Old 07-11-2014, 08:43 AM

SYNDICATED SHOWS FOR 2014-15 SEASON

My pal just called WYFF 4 (NBC) and he told me this fall The Meredith Vieira Show will be seen on channel 4 starting on September 8th. It'll be on NBC O&O stations in 10 markets like NYC, Los Angeles, Chicago, Washington, Philly, San Francisco, Miami, San Diego, New Haven, and Dallas/Ft. Worth as well (just like Ellen, Steve Harvey, and Access Hollywood) it'll come on at 11am weekdays after Today which means after 8 years (since its inception) on channel 4 Rachael Ray will find a new home in the Greenville, SC market similar to years back in Columbia, SC market when her show moved from WIS to WOLO.

Also I know that WMYA 40 (MNT) will be showing off-network reruns of the popular AMC series The Walking Dead this fall.

Spencer Karter

post #10480 of 10481 Old 07-11-2014, 12:50 PM

Liked: 10
WYCW goes wide screen on 62.2

I notice that WYCW has gone widescreen SD on 62.2 with the WSPA 7 feed. I wish WLOS would do this on 13.2. You still get the full picture on a 4:3 screen anyway. They keep the SD feed for WLOS on 13.3, which makes no sense. It is simply a cropped version of 13.1. I watch 13.1 when using a 4:3 set anyway. Sinclair keeps making deals for subchannels, but they never put them on WLOS. These subchannels always end up on WMYA.
post #10481 of 10481 Old 07-11-2014, 02:29 PM

I was surprised to see former WYFF News 4 traffic reporter Jimmy Watt on the 5pm news on channel 4 earlier. He's now out of the TV business and working for Oconee Sheriff's Office.

BTW, My stepfather got to meet channel 4's John Cessarich in person at the BBQ fest in Greenwood earlier today.

Also sad news, Bill Drake a legend in Western Carolinas radio has succumbed from cancer at 73.

Spencer Karter

Last edited by SpencerKarter85; 07-11-2014 at 02:30 PM. Reason: additions
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page