Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

post #10501 of 10518 Old 08-02-2014, 10:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 89
They went back to ThisTV on 4.2 so must have been temporary for ET. And I think the PSIP is wrong because it looks like 4:3 just like 55.2.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10502 of 10518 Old 08-05-2014, 06:04 AM

Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 11
tylerSC,

Is Greenwood, SC very lucky area to get three adjacent markets over the air outside Greenville, SC (like Augusta, Columbia, and some Charlotte). But folks like in West Ashley and peninsula of Charleston, SC can't get adjacent market OTA except WJWJ 16 (SCETV/PBS from Beaufort, SC which is in the Savannah, GA DMA), is that unlucky to live in Charleston, SC for example?

I get a total of about 72 over the air channels in my location on various directions. Like at Folly Beach or the Charleston Peninsula they get about 15 channels over the air.

Spencer Karter

R.I.P. Robin Williams (1951-2014)
post #10503 of 10518 Old 08-06-2014, 04:51 PM

tylerSC and blackcat6,

Had you ever heard of the term Orphan County? It means a county inside a state where their home market is located in out of state (aka split states) by Nielsen's outdated and antiquated DMA system. Which means they're denied to watch In-State News, Weather, and Sports because of ridiculous antiquated Exclusivity Rules (Network Non-Duplication, Syndicated Exclusivity, and the controversial Sports Blackout rules) like for example the four counties of Elbert, Franklin, Hart, and Stephens in Georgia (which are in this DMA) are DENIED to watch Georgia News, Weather, and Sports. Also they're forced to watch Carolina Panthers instead of Atlanta Falcons. Plus forced to watch PBS from South Carolina ETV or UNC-TV because GPB isn't available in this market. They can't access Lottery drawings from Georgia which is another example.

IMHO The Exclusivity Rules doesn't reflect today's changing TV marketplace. I've filled my comment the other day at http://www.fcc.gov/comments on Preceding Number: 10-71 where they talk about the reform of Retransmission Consent. It's very interesting comment I sent.

I don't want to hear the words SLIM CHANCE for example, but I hate dire warnings. Since they're getting the reforms in Retransmission Consent in good progress and Congress passed that STELA reform recently, but the future is in the Senate's hands when they have a hearing next month.

Also IMHO the Nielsen's DMA is outdated....So 1950s! Let folks watch In-State programming for God's sake which means Localism is important to the communities.

Spencer Karter

Last edited by SpencerKarter85; 08-06-2014 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Addition
post #10504 of 10518 Old 08-08-2014, 01:41 AM

UPDATE

tylerSC,

I decided to wait until Christmas so I want the Channel Master CM 1850 41' Telescoping Mast with 10' antenna mast Channel Master CM 1810. I've got a question tylerSC,

Will the 41' Telescoping Antenna Mast improve my signals and get Tropo signals from either Charleston, SC (about 162 miles) if I point my antenna to 120 degrees from my location, Savannah, GA (about 150 miles) if I point my antenna 168 degrees from my location, or just get all the Greenville, SC signals (about 35-98 miles) with adjacent Augusta, GA locals (about 50-62 miles) OTA with Line of Sight path, and two adjacent areas like Columbia, SC (about 77 miles) and Charlotte, NC OTA (about 100-110 miles) signals 2Edge path?

I'm still going to keep my C490 outdoor long range antenna. No need on buying a new outdoor antenna. I think a preamp works best on coaxial cable more than 75' feet.

Spencer Karter

post #10505 of 10518 Old 08-08-2014, 04:42 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I just read where Charter is picking up the new SEC Network on Aug 14

Also METV will start airing Andy Griffith show also on Sept 1 but i think we may get Mayberry RFD instead since wspa/wycw air Andy griffith show but Andy Griffith show may air on Charlotte wccb metv 18.3

here is METV Fall schedule http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...46&postcount=1

maybe now since the SEC TV syndication has ended WSPA may nolonger pre empt METV each March for Basketball but they may pre empt it in november for the High School Football Play off. like they did last november.

Last edited by LMckin; 08-08-2014 at 05:15 PM.
post #10506 of 10518 Old 08-08-2014, 05:42 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMckin View Post
I just read where Charter is picking up the new SEC Network on Aug 14

Also METV will start airing Andy Griffith show also on Sept 1 but i think we may get Mayberry RFD instead since wspa/wycw air Andy griffith show but Andy Griffith show may air on Charlotte wccb metv 18.3

here is METV Fall schedule http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...46&postcount=1

maybe now since the SEC TV syndication has ended WSPA may nolonger pre empt METV each March for Basketball but they may pre empt it in november for the High School Football Play off. like they did last november.
Mayberry R.F.D? I've been hoping to get clean copies of Seasons 2 & 3 of that show for years. Time to set the DVD Recorder! Since WSPA airs ME-TV and already has the rights to Andy Griffith they might just air it though. It would come after their scheduled airings on WASV. It'll be interesting to see how that one goes.

Likewise in Charlotte WCCB has the rights to Andy Griffith, and broadcasts ME-TV...

Last edited by cpalmer2k; 08-08-2014 at 05:50 PM.
post #10507 of 10518 Old 08-08-2014, 05:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerKarter85 View Post
UPDATE

tylerSC,

I decided to wait until Christmas so I want the Channel Master CM 1850 41' Telescoping Mast with 10' antenna mast Channel Master CM 1810. I've got a question tylerSC,

Will the 41' Telescoping Antenna Mast improve my signals and get Tropo signals from either Charleston, SC (about 162 miles) if I point my antenna to 120 degrees from my location, Savannah, GA (about 150 miles) if I point my antenna 168 degrees from my location, or just get all the Greenville, SC signals (about 35-98 miles) with adjacent Augusta, GA locals (about 50-62 miles) OTA with Line of Sight path, and two adjacent areas like Columbia, SC (about 77 miles) and Charlotte, NC OTA (about 100-110 miles) signals 2Edge path?

I'm still going to keep my C490 outdoor long range antenna. No need on buying a new outdoor antenna. I think a preamp works best on coaxial cable more than 75' feet.
Often higher is better with antenna reception, but it depends. BTW I saw a cheap RCA mast on Walmart.com, and they do free shipping to store. And I will say your best bet for Charlotte distant channels is a 91XG antenna and a Winegard LNA-200 preamp. Or Kitztech 100 with adjustable gain. Or the lower priced Solid Signal version, 91HDX I believe they call it.
post #10508 of 10518 Old 08-08-2014, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpalmer2k View Post
Why would we get Mayberry R.F.D? I'd love to see that show... but there isn't any exclusivity in Andy Griffith syndication. ME-TV is national, that is no different than TV Land or other channels airing it. CBS will only sell it to one local station in a market, but ME-TV isn't local. They buy national rights. Do you have a source on that?
This is base on others area like before when FOX 21 was showing The Beverly Hillbillies few times before it started showing on wspa 7.2 metv Metv provided a another episodes of My Three sons

then once FOX 21 rights expired for The Beverly Hillbillies then it started showing on METV on 7.2

and for this area http://www.foxkrbk.com/MeTVOzarksFall2014.pdf be showing Mayberry RFD instead of Andy Griffith show where another station in the Foxkrbk market is showing Andy Giffith show. on NBC 3 station
post #10509 of 10518 Old 08-08-2014, 06:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
This is base on others area like before when FOX 21 was showing The Beverly Hillbillies few times before it started showing on wspa 7.2 metv Metv provided a another episodes of My Three sons

then once FOX 21 rights expired for The Beverly Hillbillies then it started showing on METV on 7.2

and for this area http://www.foxkrbk.com/MeTVOzarksFall2014.pdf be showing Mayberry RFD instead of Andy Griffith show where another station in the Foxkrbk market is showing Andy Giffith show. on NBC 3 station
I see your point now.. here's hoping they do show R.F.D instead, I would love to record Seasons 2 & 3 to complete my Andy Griffith Collection.
post #10510 of 10518 Old 08-08-2014, 06:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Most of the Andy Griffith DVD collection is available for sale at Walmart and online. Last week at Walmart I purchased several DVDs from Andy Griffith, Gomer Pyle, I Love Lucy, Carol Burnett and Mama's Family. They were all $7.50-$9.99.
post #10511 of 10518 Old 08-12-2014, 12:34 PM

Quote:
I see your point now.. here's hoping they do show R.F.D instead, I would love to record Seasons 2 & 3 to complete my Andy Griffith Collection.
I receive a email from WSPA TV Vice president about the METV Fall schedule and it look like WSPA TV will be showing Andy Griffith show also on Sept 1

This Fall, Home is Where You Will Find Me!
MeTV’s New Season season of fresh classic programs and returning favorites. The new season brings updated Welcomes Home Andy Griffith, CHiPs, Cheers, Superman and Many Other Classic Television Shows.
Andy Griffith Is coming this September to America’s #1 All Classic Television Network. Andy and the rest of the gang from Mayberry lead MeTV’s 2014/15 programming to weekday mornings, middays, afternoons, early fringe, primetime, late fringe and Saturdays and Sundays. The schedule is programmed for viewer retention around strategic theme blocks and highly promotable franchises, all designed to build on ratings momentum and appeal to local advertisers.
“The Andy Griffith Show”, one of the most iconic and beloved television series of all time, premieres on MeTV Monday, September 1st. Leading MeTV’s new weeknight primetime lineup of timeless comedy, Andy Griffith is a truly significant addition to the MeTV schedule. Built on multi-generational appeal with well-written characters including Sherriff Andy Taylor, Opie, Aunt Bee, and the hilarious Barney Fife, “The Andy Griffith Show” will air weeknights from 8- 9pm ET/PT. Availability of“The Andy Griffith Show” varies by market. Your MeTV Affiliate Relations Representative will contact you under separate cover if “Mayberry R.F.D.” (8-9pm ET/PT) is part of the programming lineup for your market.
Revving up and riding home in early fringe is everyone’s favorite California Highway Patrolmen, Ponch and Jon, as “CHiPs” joins the schedule weeknights at 6pm ET/PT. Following “Adam-12 “ and “Emergency”, “CHiPs” anchors a new block of exciting 70’s era action series and combines drama, a touch of comedy and the broad appeal to lead into our prime access hit “M*A*S*H” at 7pm ET/PT.
In late fringe, the award-winning viewer favorite “Cheers” returns to MeTV. A proven performer, “Cheers” is the perfect entertainment program and comedy alternative to late local news. Take a seat alongside Sam, Diane, Carla, Cliff and Norm when “Cheers” returns weeknights at 11pm ET/PT.
Other important changes include the return of “Perry Mason” to his familiar time slot weekday mornings at 10am ET/PT. “Perry Mason” joins a full-hour of “Dragnet” and “The Rockford Files” as part of the mid-morning crime and drama block. “The Rifleman” moves to 3-4pm ET/PT where it will anchor our proven and promotable weekday westerns franchise that includes “Gunsmoke” and “Bonanza”.
The castaways from “Gilligan’s Island” can now be found weeknights at 9:30pm ET/PT behind the consistent comedy lead in of “Hogan’s Heroes”. There will be several fresh comedies added to weeknight mix in the 10- 11pm ET/PT time slot with “The Bob Newhart Show” on Monday nights, “Taxi” on Tuesday nights and “Welcome Back, Kotter” on Thursday nights.
Saturdays the Man of Steel teams up with the Cape Crusader and the Amazon Warrior Princess in a new and highly promotable block of classic super hero action. This trio of legends can be seen every Saturday night with “The Adventures of Superman” at 6pm ET/PT, followed by “Batman” at 7pm ET/PT and “Wonder Woman” at 8pm ET/PT.
Sunday mornings get a young demo jump-start with the premiere of “Saved by the Bell” on MeTV. Programmed as a two hour weekend morning event, “Saved by the Bell” premieres on October 5th from 10am-12pm ET/PT and will be valuable companion to Sunday’s “The Brady Bunch” brunch franchise.
Sundays see the return of “The Rockford Files” and “Hawaii 5-0” to the afternoon action and drama block, with “Black Sheep Squadron” now taking to the skies Sundays at 7pm ET/PT, followed by the all-time who-dun-it classic “Columbo”. At 10pm ET/PT “The Man From U.N.C.L.E.” teams up with “Mission Impossible” and back-to-back episodes of “Get Smart”.
This Fall, home is where you will find Me and America’s #1 All Classic Television Network. For your convenience, attached to this email is the new generic Fall Program Schedule effective 9/1/14 (subject change). It is available in both Eastern/Pacific and Central/Mountain time zone versions, so please make sure to download and save the one that pertains to your specific market. Please note that MeTV’s new Children’s E/I Block will premiere on October 4th and 5th aligning with the beginning of 4th quarter.

Last edited by LMckin; 08-12-2014 at 12:42 PM.
post #10512 of 10518 Old 08-13-2014, 06:03 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
I receive a email from WSPA TV Vice president about the METV Fall schedule and it look like WSPA TV will be showing Andy Griffith show also on Sept 1

This Fall, Home is Where You Will Find Me!...

Cheers at 11pm sucks, such is life.
post #10513 of 10518 Old 08-13-2014, 07:45 AM
Advanced Member

So did the e-mail actually state they would be showing Andy Griffith, or did they just forward that big long release you just posted?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
post #10514 of 10518 Old 08-14-2014, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylersc View Post
quoteriginally posted by rid29651

thanks to the solar flare there was a band opening. During this opening i was receiving channel 14 (wsky). 14.1 was independent programming, 14.2 was rtv, 14.3 was tuff tv and 14.4 was me tv.

Then i had to ask myself, if an independent channel can provide 4 total channels with interesting programming, what is the excuse in the greenville spartanburg market besides running the operations on the cheap?

Independent 16 has 2 sub channels. Pbs in nc and sc has 2 sub channels. But 4, 7 and 21 have one sub channel. 21 is playing a boring weather radar on theirs, 62 is playing a simulcast of channel 7 on theirs. Don't we deserve better programming than this?

Also in nc, wbtv-3 has 2 subchannels, and wjzy-46 and wmyt-55 should soon have 2 subchannels.

amen, well said.
post #10515 of 10518 Old 08-14-2014, 02:23 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm an Orphan...

Thanks Spencer for your info on the Orphan Counties.. I have for many years tried to get this 1950s ruling overturned, with no resolve..I, myself, have over come the problem, using a fake address for satellite to get Atlanta channels plus some pretty good antennas for either market.. my location allows me to receive both markets ota so I'm covered.. but most folk in Stephens County have to watch the Carolina stations even though we live, work, play, vote and pay taxes in Ga. We can call anywhere in the world from our cars, but can t get our home state television channels...I hope you are telling us there is new move afloat to change such dumbness...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerKarter85 View Post
tylerSC and blackcat6,

Exclusivity, and the controversial Sports Blackout rules) like for example the four counties of Had you ever heard of the term Orphan County? It means a county inside a state where their home market is located in out of state (aka split states) by Nielsen's outdated and antiquated DMA system. Which means they're denied to watch In-State News, Weather, and Sports because of ridiculous antiquated Exclusivity Rules (Network Non-Duplication, Syndicated Elbert, Franklin, Hart, and Stephens in Georgia (which are in this DMA) are DENIED to watch Georgia News, Weather, and Sports. Also they're forced to watch Carolina Panthers instead of Atlanta Falcons. Plus forced to watch PBS from South Carolina ETV or UNC-TV because GPB isn't available in this market. They can't access Lottery drawings from Georgia which is another example.

IMHO The Exclusivity Rules doesn't reflect today's changing TV marketplace. I've filled my comment the other day at http://www.fcc.gov/comments on Preceding Number: 10-71 where they talk about the reform of Retransmission Consent. It's very interesting comment I sent.

I don't want to hear the words SLIM CHANCE for example, but I hate dire warnings. Since they're getting the reforms in Retransmission Consent in good progress and Congress passed that STELA reform recently, but the future is in the Senate's hands when they have a hearing next month.

Also IMHO the Nielsen's DMA is outdated....So 1950s! Let folks watch In-State programming for God's sake which means Localism is important to the communities.

Tired
post #10516 of 10518 Old 08-15-2014, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by realoldman View Post
amen, well said.
Part of the reason for only having one subchannel is bandwidth eaten up by the idiotic Mobile TV folly that no one wants, no one can receive and doesn't work anyway. Both WYFF and WHNS broadcast it and WLOS and WSPA plan to.
post #10517 of 10518 Old 08-15-2014, 03:19 PM

Samsung

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
That RCA TV may have a weak tuner, I am not sure. But if you could, I would go purchase a Samsung F4500 plasma. The 43" is $299 and the 51" is $399. Very nice TV with good tuner, signal meter, and program info and guide for OTA reception. Available at HHG, Best Buy, Sears, and some Kmart and Walmart. And is your preamp hooked up correctly? And you may want to consider a Winegard 7698 antenna.
I had a Samsung tuner in the past and the reception sensitivity was horrible. Sony/LG was much better. Has Samsung improved to match or exceed LG? What kind of PSIP Guide does the F4500 have? Is it now/next or something more significant?
post #10518 of 10518 Old 08-18-2014, 04:46 PM

Quote:
So did the e-mail actually state they would be showing Andy Griffith, or did they just forward that big long release you just posted?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

No They didn't say. they just forward me that email since the other person that was in charge of the program information left the station. unable to get a detail schedule for METV this area

I just seen the METV 7.2 schedule for Sept 1 on Zap2it and it will be Andy Griffith show at 8pm

Monday Night
8:00 PMThe Andy Griffith Show "The New Housekeeper" TV-G
8:30 PMThe Andy Griffith Show "The Manhunt" TV-G

http://metvnetwork.com/fall2014

Just check this page

http://tvschedule.zap2it.com/tvlisti...aid=tvschedule

about 8:30pm or 9:00pm on the zap2it.com tvlisting will be able see the 8:00pm Listing for 7.2 for sept 1 on above link

from METV Monitor
Then, at 8:00 PM/7:00 C, MeTV is taking you back to the friendly city of Mayberry. Now, depending on where you live, you’ll see a full hour of either The Andy Griffith Show or its successor, Mayberry R.F.D. Please be advised that due to contractual reasons, MeTV will not be airing The Andy Griffith Show in every city. So, to find out which show is airing where you are, consult your local listings, and get ready to enjoy life in Mayberry once again.

Last edited by LMckin; 08-18-2014 at 06:05 PM.
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List
tylerSC

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page