AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post
I have Silver too. It's a great deal.

I also tried and failed to get a free cable card or cable box. If you manage to get it, please post what you did.
When Charter did the digital upgrade last November and required a cable box, they said the cable box or cable card would be free for at least a year. If you did not have a box before. The rep in the store also confirmed this, but said he would require management approval to refund $60 for the last 10 months we were charged the $6 fee. They always charge you for things they are not supposed to, and it is always a major hassle to get it corrected or adjusted. Which is quite aggravating.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10562 of 10573 Old 09-26-2014, 06:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMckin View Post
That is same Package i have with Charter since Last December. with my promo price for 12 months.

with silver you get TBN,FamilyNET,Daystar also Familynet is showing classic tv shows from sony

and i seen on my cable bill where locals fee going to $5.00 with next month bill.
I still use my antenna for the local channels and the Charlotte channels. Which is why I resent being charged a fee for local broadcast through Charter. I only want cable for the specialty channels to supplement over the air. But they don't give you a choice or an opt out option for the local channels. And unfortunately the monthly fee is indeed going up to $5 next month.
post #10563 of 10573 Old 09-27-2014, 05:48 PM

Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 10
After 5 months of poor signal WYCW 62 is back, what gives. Did it take them that long to fix something.
post #10564 of 10573 Old 09-28-2014, 07:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by realoldman View Post
After 5 months of poor signal WYCW 62 is back, what gives. Did it take them that long to fix something.
Could be weather related or summer conditions. Or perhaps your antenna placement at your location or amplifier issues. There is RF43, RF45, and RF47 close together which could cause tuner overload with an amp. I had to make adjustments on one TV due to this issue of interference with SCETV-49, WYCW-62, and WJZY-46 being close together. There was interference and pixelation on all 3 channels.
post #10565 of 10573 Old 09-28-2014, 06:38 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
Could be weather related or summer conditions. Or perhaps your antenna placement at your location or amplifier issues. There is RF43, RF45, and RF47 close together which could cause tuner overload with an amp. I had to make adjustments on one TV due to this issue of interference with SCETV-49, WYCW-62, and WJZY-46 being close together. There was interference and pixelation on all 3 channels.
2 different tv and different antenna's.
post #10566 of 10573 Old 09-29-2014, 12:31 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
This is the third time in the last few weeks that I've wanted to watch something and it hasn't been in HD.
post #10567 of 10573 Old 09-29-2014, 09:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by meguessdo View Post
This is the third time in the last few weeks that I've wanted to watch something and it hasn't been in HD.
What channel are you talking about?
post #10568 of 10573 Old Yesterday, 05:22 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I read online where FCC voted to End NFL Sports Blackout rule that was 40 yrs ago.

http://online.wsj.com/articles/fcc-v...les-1412091621
post #10569 of 10573 Old Yesterday, 09:12 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
WYFF and WHNS need to dump MOBILE digital TV

I just saw someone else point out how the mobile DTV that was to be viewed OTA on cell phones and other mobile digital devices is DEAD technology, heck even WYFF no longer advertises it on their main channel....it is OBVIOUSLY an utter failure and there are no new mobile devices being made that offer the option.

I wonder if Doug is still around and would comment on how useless it is to still broadcast digital mobile TV when NOBODY is watching on their phone OTA???!!!!!!! Only a big waste of bandwidth that could be better used to serve the community.

I wish WYFF and WHNS would dump it so that they can both add an additional regular DT channel... Love to see WYFF 4 bring back Weather PLUS, speaking of which recently WSPA changed their weather branding to 24/7 Weather....well where IS their
24/7 Weather Channel, that to this day is STILL listed as being broadcast on WYCW 62.3????!!!!!!!!! See titan TV listings
for WYCW 62.3. It is still listed as 24/7 Weather. What gives?

I mean if you are going to brand your station as 24/7 Weather you should have a digital subchannel broadcasting a
Weather Channel 24/7, right.
post #10570 of 10573 Old Today, 02:03 AM

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMckin View Post
I read online where FCC voted to End NFL Sports Blackout rule that was 40 yrs ago.

http://online.wsj.com/articles/fcc-v...les-1412091621
This is a big victory for sports fans!

SORRY NAB!

Spencer Karter

R.I.P. Robin Williams (1951-2014)
post #10571 of 10573 Old Today, 05:52 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubber View Post
I just saw someone else point out how the mobile DTV that was to be viewed OTA on cell phones and other mobile digital devices is DEAD technology, heck even WYFF no longer advertises it on their main channel....it is OBVIOUSLY an utter failure and there are no new mobile devices being made that offer the option.

I wonder if Doug is still around and would comment on how useless it is to still broadcast digital mobile TV when NOBODY is watching on their phone OTA???!!!!!!! Only a big waste of bandwidth that could be better used to serve the community.

I wish WYFF and WHNS would dump it so that they can both add an additional regular DT channel... Love to see WYFF 4 bring back Weather PLUS, speaking of which recently WSPA changed their weather branding to 24/7 Weather....well where IS their
24/7 Weather Channel, that to this day is STILL listed as being broadcast on WYCW 62.3????!!!!!!!!! See titan TV listings
for WYCW 62.3. It is still listed as 24/7 Weather. What gives?

I mean if you are going to brand your station as 24/7 Weather you should have a digital subchannel broadcasting a
Weather Channel 24/7, right.
It would be nice if they do way with the Mobile TV and add addition sub channels such as COZI TV and METV owners just debut a new digital channel called Hero & Icons read new at http://www.chicagotribune.com/busine...929-story.html

Last edited by LMckin; Today at 05:56 AM.
post #10572 of 10573 Old Today, 07:21 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerKarter85 View Post

SORRY NAB!
Of course the blackout rules will still apply in the NFL so not much has changed at least for the short term. It puts more pressure on the NFL to end blackout rules but they aren't obligated to.
post #10573 of 10573 Old Today, 07:21 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerKarter85 View Post

SORRY NAB!
It isn' NAB, but NFL owners.

All opinions expressed (unless otherwise noted) are the posters and NOT the posters employers. The poster in NO WAY is/will speak for his employers.
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List
tylerSC