post #10591 of 10600 Old 10-27-2014, 09:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpalmer2k View Post
I can tune it manually when I key in the RF channel #, but I can't make it find it on my Roamio... even with a scan and the other tricks mentioned on the forums. I did fill out the Lineup change form though, and a rep contacted me saying they were forwarding the information to the appropriate parties so hopefully they will be added soon. They DO have the WYFF translators on the list, so hopefully they will add 9.5 & 64.5 as well.

So far I love this thing. I'm a big "Green Acres" fan, and seasons 4-6 of it have never been released on DVD. Antenna TV just started airing Season 4, so I've set it to record every episode. I've been transferring them to my PC with TiVo Desktop and removing the commercials with VideoReDo. I just wish MeTV had aired Mayberry R.F.D in our area. Likewise Seasons 2 & 3 of it were never released.
Season 1 of Mayberry RFD is now for sale on DVD at Walmart for $9.96. I believe the first episode is when Andy and Helen Crump finally got married.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10592 of 10600 Old 10-27-2014, 09:57 AM
AVS Special Member

I have a TiVo Roamio and a Premiere. I had to do a channel scan to get 9.5 and 64.5 added to the channel list. You have to go under Settings menu and go to Channel List and enter a check mark by 9.5 and 64.5 to keep them in the menu. Then hit Done to save the list. The channels should remain, but no program info provided. And my problem is I am just too far to reliably receive the low power signal, especially with the antenna in the attic. And at my location in Greenville County, I have to use a Gaffney zip code to get channel listings and program info for the Charlotte stations in addition to GSP/Asheville.
post #10593 of 10600 Old 10-28-2014, 10:50 AM

Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I've heard that Charleston, SC's DIRECTV listings are messed up on the ABC affiliate WCIV 4 (now owned by WLOS/WMYA's parent company, and actually now channel 36.2 OTA in the Lowcountry area) listed programs from Zuus Country not ABC network.

But Greenville, SC's DIRECTV listings are normal.

I'm doing fine even though I get moderate signal coverage of all the GSP stations OTA with most adjacent Augusta, GA locals, weaker signals of Columbia, SC and ultra-weak ones from some Charlotte, NC ones. Sadly, the only strong signal is my PBS station (channel 38.1) at my location. But thank God I got DIRECTV for my locals.

BTW, I'm thinking about getting a Slingbox M1 for Christmas. I love innovation tylerSC.

I wish Slingbox works on OTA models.

Spencer Karter

My Christmas Wish List: SLINGBOX M1
post #10594 of 10600 Old 10-28-2014, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpalmer2k View Post
I can tune it manually when I key in the RF channel #, but I can't make it find it on my Roamio... even with a scan and the other tricks mentioned on the forums. I did fill out the Lineup change form though, and a rep contacted me saying they were forwarding the information to the appropriate parties so hopefully they will be added soon. They DO have the WYFF translators on the list, so hopefully they will add 9.5 & 64.5 as well.

So far I love this thing. I'm a big "Green Acres" fan, and seasons 4-6 of it have never been released on DVD. Antenna TV just started airing Season 4, so I've set it to record every episode. I've been transferring them to my PC with TiVo Desktop and removing the commercials with VideoReDo. I just wish MeTV had aired Mayberry R.F.D in our area. Likewise Seasons 2 & 3 of it were never released.
In tropes words KEEP CIRCULATING THE TAPES (means a TV show hasn't been released on DVD because for one example music licensing BS) >

Spencer Karter

post #10595 of 10600 Old 10-29-2014, 05:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 426 Post(s)
Liked: 383
Bump
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post
Anybody getting channel 189 (40.2 WMYA-DT2 getTV) on Charter yet? It shows up in my channel list, but I get an SDV error when I try to tune it.
post #10596 of 10600 Old 10-29-2014, 01:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post
Anybody getting channel 189 (40.2 WMYA-DT2 getTV) on Charter yet? It shows up in my channel list, but I get an SDV error when I try to tune it.
The channel is active for me now but all it shows is a running timer on the screen. But I don't have any SDV issues tuning it. I suppose they plan on adding it soon. Maybe they are waiting on a specific date.
post #10597 of 10600 Old 10-29-2014, 03:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrainwater View Post
The channel is active for me now but all it shows is a running timer on the screen. But I don't have any SDV issues tuning it. I suppose they plan on adding it soon. Maybe they are waiting on a specific date.
You can receive getTV OTA on 40.2 with an antenna. I have both Charter cable and the attic antenna hooked into the TiVo Premiere, which is a very nice set up.
post #10598 of 10600 Old 10-29-2014, 06:01 PM

One year ago today, former channel 4 weather lady Keisha Kirkland lost her battle from lung cancer at a young age. She was one talented person. I bet she and Charlie Gertz are doing the weather in heaven.

Recently in Eastern North Carolina Skip Waters (weatherman) of ABC station WCTI-TV passed away as well.

God rest their souls.
But the memories still lives on.

Spencer Karter

post #10599 of 10600 Old 10-29-2014, 06:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 426 Post(s)
Liked: 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrainwater View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
You can receive getTV OTA on 40.2 with an antenna. I have both Charter cable and the attic antenna hooked into the TiVo Premiere, which is a very nice set up.
Thanks to you both. Still getting an SDV error on my end. I won't worry about it until they actually start showing something. Maybe I'll try rebooting my tuning adapter when the time comes.

I got rid of all my antennas, so that's out. I'll just wait.
post #10600 of 10600 Old Yesterday, 03:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Thursday Night Football

Thursday Night Football has moved from CBS to the NFL Network. But the Carolina Panthers/New Orleans Saints game will be carried on WBTV-3 from Charlotte tonight if you have an antenna. It will not be on WSPA-7 which will carry the regular CBS prime time schedule.
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List
tylerSC