4Likes

post #10711 of 10714 Old Yesterday, 07:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by calvinb View Post
Anyone ever had any luck trying to pull in 19-1 from Columbia? I am in Greer with a big Channel Master 4228 in the attic with pre-amp and rotor. I can get some of Charlotte's stations occasionally.

Trying to get the Browns game tomorrow (Sunday) at 1 pm. Columbia WLTX is showing it. Bad news: weather forecast is not good. I realize that will hurt reception.

Here in Greenwood, SC I can get 3 adjacent markets OTA with an outdoor antenna besides my home market of Greenville, SC. They are from Augusta, Charlotte, and Columbia. At my location I can get a weak signal of the big 3 networks from Columbia, SC (including WLTX 19.1 home of Jim Gandy's weather) while I get moderate signals of most Greenville, SC and adjacent Augusta, GA ones.

My only complaint about Greenville, SC TV is the NBC station I receive (WYFF 4.1) does not air TODAY Show's 4th hour with Kathie Lee Gifford and Hoda Kotb. I'll might have to settle watching KLG & Hoda via WAGT 26.1 from Augusta, GA or WIS 10.1 from Columbia, SC or WCNC 36.1 from Charlotte, NC which is a ultra-weak signal at my location for the latter.

Spencer Karter

OTA Equipment: ChannelMaster 25' telescopic mast, 5' extra antenna mast, antenna rotor, AntennaCraft C490.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10712 of 10714 Old Yesterday, 04:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by calvinb View Post
Anyone ever had any luck trying to pull in 19-1 from Columbia? I am in Greer with a big Channel Master 4228 in the attic with pre-amp and rotor. I can get some of Charlotte's stations occasionally.

Trying to get the Browns game tomorrow (Sunday) at 1 pm. Columbia WLTX is showing it. Bad news: weather forecast is not good. I realize that will hurt reception.
In Greer, you should be able to receive WBTV-3 from Charlotte reliably, which is also CBS. But I don't know what games they have tomorrow, other than the Panthers/Falcons contest. And you should also be getting 36, 46, and 55 from Charlotte if the antenna is aimed correctly and no problems with the roof or trees. But outside would be better. Columbia reception in Greenville is unlikely unless you go down towards Fountain Inn or Laurens. What type of preamp? It could be an overload issue. You may be better off with a Winegard LNA-100 or LNA-200 as you don't need much of a boost as GSP signals are strong. But you just need a bit of a boost for Asheville and Charlotte.
post #10713 of 10714 Old Yesterday, 04:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Sounds like you had a good Christmas SpencerKarter. I would put that Slingbox at a friend's house to receive neighboring markets. I am going to investigate that myself, as I would like to receive WSOC and WCCB more reliably, but I will have to see how that works. And good luck with that telescopic mast. But if you want better luck with Charlotte, I would suggest a 91XG and a Kitztech preamp ... As for the Stela law, it may allow distant markets, but other stations could petition to deny others. So not sure how well that may work. But I know folks in Northern Georgia would like to receive the Atlanta stations rather than GSP. And it would be nice to receive cable/sat carriage of some Charlotte stations in the GSP area, and WSPA used to be carried in Gastonia, Rock Hill, and even Charlotte years ago.
post #10714 of 10714 Old Today, 03:04 PM

Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
WLOS Subchannels

Sinclair keeps adding subchannels like WMYA 40.4, but they never add any on their sister station, WLOS. WLOS runs an unnecessary 13.3 simulcast of 13.1. They keep adding channels to WMYA only. Sinclair's agreements with various multicast channels always involve only WMYA 40. I wonder why!
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page