Greenville, SC - HDTV - Page 364 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 5Likes

post #10891 of 10905 Old 05-02-2015, 08:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier Sucks View Post
Fox 21 reporting outage in SC, NC, GA and TN.
here is the charter twitter feed https://twitter.com/CharterCom/statu...78247964676096 where providing update.

it look like other cable systems of Cox, comcast,Timewarner and Directv is having issue also.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10892 of 10905 Old 05-02-2015, 08:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMckin View Post
here is the charter twitter feed https://twitter.com/CharterCom/statu...78247964676096 where providing update.

it look like other cable systems of Cox, comcast,Timewarner and Directv is having issue also.
Thank God for the Charter app. I got to see the end of the basketball game atleast. If would have bought the fight I would really be pissed!
post #10893 of 10905 Old Yesterday, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier Sucks View Post
Thank God for the Charter app. I got to see the end of the basketball game atleast. If would have bought the fight I would really be pissed!
Yes and Look like the cable service was restore sometime during night. i turn tv on about 6am and it was back on. there was alot upset customers as their facebook fill with complaints

http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/289...-cable-outages
post #10894 of 10905 Old Yesterday, 10:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 359 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Quote:
Yes and Look like the cable service was restore sometime during night. i turn tv on about 6am and it was back on. there was alot upset customers as their facebook fill with complaints

http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/289...-cable-outages
The Charter outage occurred last night about 9pm and was restored about 2am. Fortunately we have an antenna so we still had basic TV service. This is why it is good to have an antenna as a back up, and you can also receive some Charlotte channels.
post #10895 of 10905 Old Yesterday, 02:56 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Can anyone with Charter and a CableCard tell me if Channel 96 (FXX Analog Feed) is working for you? I can receive the HD version, but when I try to tune the analog version I get a "Channel Not Provided by Tuning Adapter" error message. I've restarted my TiVo to no avail. Tried early this morning, and just tried again a few minutes ago.
post #10896 of 10905 Old Yesterday, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpalmer2k View Post
Can anyone with Charter and a CableCard tell me if Channel 96 (FXX Analog Feed) is working for you? I can receive the HD version, but when I try to tune the analog version I get a "Channel Not Provided by Tuning Adapter" error message. I've restarted my TiVo to no avail. Tried early this morning, and just tried again a few minutes ago.
There is no channel 96 Fxx is on channel 122 and channel 840

also all Charter channels is Digital now and Charter doesn't have analog anymore.

I just check on my TV
post #10897 of 10905 Old Yesterday, 05:46 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
There is no channel 96 Fxx is on channel 122 and channel 840

also all Charter channels is Digital now and Charter doesn't have analog anymore.

I just check on my TV
Thanks, for some reason the channel map on my cable card isn't correct. It has Channel 96 listed as FXX with guide data. I can tune to 122, and it is there... but no guide data. The channel lineup for my area doesn't reflect 122 either. Has that change been recent, or has it been that way for a long time? Does anyone know how to report such an issue to Charter? I'm sure calling Customer Service will get me nowhere.
post #10898 of 10905 Old Yesterday, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Thanks, for some reason the channel map on my cable card isn't correct. It has Channel 96 listed as FXX with guide data. I can tune to 122, and it is there... but no guide data. The channel lineup for my area doesn't reflect 122 either. Has that change been recent, or has it been that way for a long time? Does anyone know how to report such an issue to Charter? I'm sure calling Customer Service will get me nowhere.
I think it been like that since FXX was added even the charter channel line up on it website list channel 96 instead of channel 122 and i think the cable card line up is provide by zap2it.com and the charter.net channel guide shows 96 instead of channel 122 and most all other is provide by Rovi TVGOS Support <ce_customer_support at rovicorp.com>

and you can try the charter chat at https://www.myaccount.charter.com/Cu...s/Support.aspx and in the ask charter area just type Live chat you may have to type it couple times before you get a link to the chat
post #10899 of 10905 Old Today, 06:42 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1128 Post(s)
Liked: 604
Quote:
I have issues like this from time to time on my PC based system. It's not really Charter's doing, so no point in reporting to them. Rather report to the guide data provider for Tivo. On my PC I can edit the channel map and fix the errors myself. Not sure what to do on Tivo.

I keep a spreadsheet of all current channels on Charter, and FXX has been on it at 122 for over a year at least.

May I ask why you still watch the SD version of that channel?
post #10900 of 10905 Old Today, 06:51 AM

here is link to the TVIO channel line up issue report http://www.tivo.com/lineup.html
post #10901 of 10905 Old Today, 07:32 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post
I have issues like this from time to time on my PC based system. It's not really Charter's doing, so no point in reporting to them. Rather report to the guide data provider for Tivo. On my PC I can edit the channel map and fix the errors myself. Not sure what to do on Tivo.

I keep a spreadsheet of all current channels on Charter, and FXX has been on it at 122 for over a year at least.

May I ask why you still watch the SD version of that channel?
I never do myself... in this case I was recording a movie for a colleague of mine who wanted the TV edited version on DVD so the bad language would be edited out. He wants to use parts of it in a classroom activity. I just set a manual recording. It was much easier to use the SD channel than have to wait on the HD feed to re-compress to DVD resolution.

I did the TiVo lineup request form last night as well, so hopefully they will correct it.
post #10902 of 10905 Old Today, 01:53 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Did you see the article in the paper about the Charter outage. It was terrible. Talked about how all the cable companies had issues with signing up people for PPV for the fight. If you read it, you would think that the only thing that was out for the evening was the fight instead of almost all channels. The Greenville News is right on top of things again.
post #10903 of 10905 Old Today, 06:05 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
so whns carries a golf event for the first time since 2004 this june was it because of a telethon?
post #10904 of 10905 Old Today, 06:23 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danderson400 View Post
so whns carries a golf event for the first time since 2004 this june was it because of a telethon?

A link would be nice?
post #10905 of 10905 Old Today, 08:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 343 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Quote:
A link would be nice?

Lots of links! It's a links-style course in Washington state.

http://www.usopen.com/index.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception