Greenville, SC - HDTV - Page 371 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #11101 of 11102 Old Today, 07:41 PM
Advanced Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I guess they didn't want it to inter fear with the afternoon game of Houston.
Sponsored Links
post #11102 of 11102 Old Today, 10:42 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Originally Posted by Trip in VA View Post
And how do you air the E/I programming? How would they get EAS into the feed? You said, essentially, to just hook up the weather computer to the encoder, but it's not that simple. Once they add programming, they have to feed it through master control, which is likely only set up for two channels right now, in order to put E/I programming on the channel and to make sure EAS gets through. Then, of course, there are legal requirements in terms of filing that you're airing E/I programming and things like that.

Would it cost nearly nothing? Or would it cost thousands of dollars? I think the latter.

- Trip
They still have the equipment/software from WeatherPLUS, it could easily be used to fulfill exactly what you are referring to. The fact that they are testing 36.3 tells me that they ALREADY have those capabilities right now, including of course the ability to pass the EAS system warnings through.

So yes essentially it would be a near ZERO cost to them.
Sponsored Links
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception