Greenville, SC - HDTV - Page 381 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 15Likes
post #11401 of 11404 Unread 09-21-2016, 06:29 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpalmer2k View Post
Can anyone with Charter confirm for me whether the ESPN Goal Line/Buzzer Beater HD channel (816) is actually in HD for you or not? I have TiVo, and since July when they switched it over to SDV all I get is a standard definition picture on the HD channel.
I reported it a few weeks ago. They said there is no problem. There is no way to actually report this locally unfortunately. My guess is they will not fix it this season.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11402 of 11404 Unread 09-21-2016, 07:04 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Just making sure the issue wasn't isolated to our area like it was last time. I work with someone whose spouse is a charter tech in the area. I'm passing it on to them. Maybe that will give some results.
post #11403 of 11404 Unread 09-21-2016, 04:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 633 Post(s)
Liked: 146
We always have problem with WLOS drop out on Charter 713. No other channels have problem, so 13 is also a problem on Charter as well as antenna. I wonder if Charter retransmits their OTA signal which can be problematic and subject to interference. Fortunately I have the antenna signal stable and reliable, but it took a bit of work and is a known issue in the Upstate.
post #11404 of 11404 Unread 09-22-2016, 07:19 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpalmer2k View Post
Can anyone with Charter confirm for me whether the ESPN Goal Line/Buzzer Beater HD channel (816) is actually in HD for you or not? I have TiVo, and since July when they switched it over to SDV all I get is a standard definition picture on the HD channel.
I just checked. It's letterboxed and standard def. All they have up at the moment is a slate with the next event listed. I'll check it again when they some programming running.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception